Dvd Player in 5 to 6 k

heemanshu.midde

Suggestion on a good DVD Player........Mrudil suggested Pioneer 610 but I was unable to get a dealer in Mumbai...........all the stores stock just LG, Samsung, Philips, Sony ets................If I dont get Pioneer can anyone suggest me a good DVD Player (in the range of 4-5.5k) with USB 2.0 and upscaling etc.

SFX store in raghuleela mall in kandivali west was giving me pioneer with HDMI at 6500 but forgot to ask him the model name.

waiting for your suggestions

Check out "Sound Out" at Heera Panna, and "The Shop" at DN Nagar, Andheri (::::::::::::::: Welcome to The Shop :::::::::::::::) if you are fine with buying from the grey market. The website of The Shop does not mention Pioneer, but they do stock it. You can get the DV-610 at around 6500, and if you are not looking for DVD-Audio & SACD capabilities, the DV-410 is a suitable option at around 5000. Also in one of the other threads, "Alfa" at Vile Parle is mentioned, but I haven't been there.

Happy Buying !!

Last edited:
Abhijit, who also lives in Mumbai, seems to have 15 pieces of the 610, and he is selling it at 6000. Why don't you pick up one from him?

Cheers

What a 610 for just 6k, that is dirt cheap !! Go for it hemnagshu !! In kol, the prices are between 8 to 10k !

The ones I had shortlisted (as per some of the forums) were
1. Pioneer 410
2. Pioneer 610
3. Samsung 1080PK
4. LG 388
5. Philips 5986
6. Philips 5996
7.Sony 708

I rejected Sony because it dosent have a USB drive, and since I have all my movies in my External HDD, I thought having a USB would be an added advantage

I had carried my 4GB pen drive (FAT32 formatted) to test the Players
LG 388 costed 3590 at Vijay Sales and played all my movies (.avi, .dat, and also .srt - the subtitle file)

Pioneer 610 - No one had it in stock but Alfa said they can give it to me for 6000 and "The Shop" will give it to me for 6500 w/o bill and 9500 with bill

Tried Pioneer 310, but surprisingly it did not play my .dat file

Pioneer 410 costs about 4500

Samsung 1080 Pk costs around 4900 in both Alfa and "The Shop"

"The Shop" dosent stock Philips whereas Alfa saif they just have Philips 5986 which costs 4900.......

Am keeping some time till I buy the DVD player.......maybe a week.........would appreciate if you can guys can help me buy the DVD player also...............thanks again........

Regards,
Heemanshu

The ones I had shortlisted (as per some of the forums) were
1. Pioneer 410
2. Pioneer 610
3. Samsung 1080PK
4. LG 388
5. Philips 5986
6. Philips 5996
7.Sony 708

I rejected Sony because it dosent have a USB drive, and since I have all my movies in my External HDD, I thought having a USB would be an added advantage

I had carried my 4GB pen drive (FAT32 formatted) to test the Players
LG 388 costed 3590 at Vijay Sales and played all my movies (.avi, .dat, and also .srt - the subtitle file)

Pioneer 610 - No one had it in stock but Alfa said they can give it to me for 6000 and "The Shop" will give it to me for 6500 w/o bill and 9500 with bill

Tried Pioneer 310, but surprisingly it did not play my .dat file

Pioneer 410 costs about 4500

Samsung 1080 Pk costs around 4900 in both Alfa and "The Shop"

"The Shop" dosent stock Philips whereas Alfa saif they just have Philips 5986 which costs 4900.......

Am keeping some time till I buy the DVD player.......maybe a week.........would appreciate if you can guys can help me buy the DVD player also...............thanks again........

Regards,
Heemanshu

Dont go for Pio-410 ,badly rated in whathifi mag due to poor video performance.

dushie informed in another thread that 5996 is now available in delhi markets. should be soon available everywhere too. i am too waiting and will decide between 610, 5996 and 1080.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back