Ebay.in any deals?

I am not getting any coupon for the last 2-3 months. So much for promoting ebay in this forum and encouraging others to use coupons earlier when I joined hifivision.:mad:

The E-mail id is linked to the E-bay user's account and the code cannot be used by any other user I guess.

The discount coupon is to encourage activation of the dormant user account. Active users don't need to be prodded so will not get the coupon.:)

The gift voucher 0111JDF6Y3 has been issued to another user. You will not be able to use this voucher on your user ID. Please try another voucher or continue with your payment.
Kittu, myself and everyone who received the email got the same code. So, I think they have a record of user's to whom they sent this coupon.

The E-mail id is linked to the E-bay user's account and the code cannot be used by any other user I guess.

The discount coupon is to encourage activation of the dormant user account. Active users don't need to be prodded so will not get the coupon.:)
I thought so too, but am unable to establish a pattern here. I bought two 2TB hard disks around 10 days ago and still received the coupon. From my observation, I do know that if I use this coupon, I will not receive another coupon for a while.

I want to buy an ipod touch so was looking for Rs 1000, 5% voucher. Anyone willing to donate a voucher :)

The voucher will work if at all ordered from the respective ebay ids.:)I can place order on your behalf and ship to you directly and you can transfer the amount to me..

I want to buy an ipod touch so was looking for Rs 1000, 5% voucher. Anyone willing to donate a voucher :)

Hey, Why don't you clear your inbox.Tried to send you a voucher but your inbox is full.

cheers,
sri

Just placed an order for Goflex 2TB using ebay coupon found here :clapping:

Order Total Rs. 6,425.00
Gift Voucher Discount (BXFRKS0DIR) Rs. 321.25
Amount Paid (credit card) Rs. 6,103.75

Santy am getting the same for 5900/- that too in navi mumbai.

ebay disc coupon not making big diff if the pricing available at local shops is similar, atleast as far as computer peripherals is concerned.

Santy am getting the same for 5900/- that too in navi mumbai.

ebay disc coupon not making big diff if the pricing available at local shops is similar, atleast as far as computer peripherals is concerned.

Yeah... possible. But I placed the order under EMI! I think it is justified in that case...:rolleyes:

Yeah... possible. But I placed the order under EMI! I think it is justified in that case...:rolleyes:

Lamington road price is 5750 or lower ( It was lowest current may be more)
So post coupon is 650 to 700 Rs..
So IT JUSTIFIES EMI?

BTW SANTY
As per maths I learnt in Mumbai
6425 >> 5750 ( > is greater than)

So Santy according to you EBAY IS CHEAPEST , as EBAY guys do not maintain storefronts etc,::cool::cool:
SO HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN REPEATED FAILURE OF YOUR HYPOTHESIS? :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Oh No.. Not again..

Looks like every week you wander in that road just asking for price of various gadgets :D I suggest you become a dealer for HiFivision members.:clapping:

don,t pass the question. When you made your claims about ebay i thought you are some channel expert .but i know some prices ,which too can be beaten .....so my point is do not make claims Ebay is chepest no shopkeeper csn beat it....without knowing the market..i am not talking about just lam/road...in fact nehru place or rishi street should be cheaper ,it appears that you never visited any wholesale market !!!

don,t pass the question. When you made your claims about ebay i thought you are some channel expert .but i know some prices ,which too can be beaten .....so my point is do not make claims Ebay is chepest no shopkeeper csn beat it....without knowing the market..i am not talking about just lam/road...in fact nehru place or rishi street should be cheaper ,it appears that you never visited any wholesale market !!!

sure, I am not only the expert, I am paid by ebay for word of mouth promotions... :eek:hyeah: Why don't you ask those in Lam/ rd to courier the HDD to my house.. after I make a payment using credit card sitting at my home, 35 km away from their place, with refund guarantee and EMI facility.. I am sure they are not used to it... :sad:

Any deals on ebay?
Any discounts?
Of late not getting any coupouns last 2-3 weeks!
Any promotion like hutch one going on?

any credit card/debit card discounts?
Ple share the info
Thanks
Hemant

What an irony.. if you are so used to lam road, why are you so desperate looking for ebay coupons? So much so, you have started a thread looking for free coupons from fellow members? Why not pedal up to lam/ rd and get the best deals over there?

See... online shopping has its advantages. I have always told ebay is cheapest online, if you do the right kind of (re)search.;)

What an irony.. if you are so used to lam road, why are you so desperate looking for ebay coupons? So much so, you have started a thread looking for free coupons from fellow members? Why not pedal up to lam/ rd and get the best deals over there?

See... online shopping has its advantages. I have always told ebay is cheapest online, if you do the right kind of (re)search.;)

SANTY,

I AM SUCKER FOR BEST PRICE ,,BE IT ANYWHERE ..MANAGABLE BY ME,Be it at Ebay,Big Bazaar,Lam Road,Alfa or abrod if someone is coming.

AND AGAIN I LIKE,I WANT AND I RESPECT RIGHT INFORMATION.
I wish everyone has a right of right information.
When you claimed you appear to be from some right source ,then I thought it is half info but I think now your claims are on ZERO info :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

BTW I donn't hate ebay..I have 3 accounts with good buyer profile. I do not love Alfa ..my research showed that Sound Out ( Heera Panna) was cheaper than alfa for Pio 520.In fact I got a Waterman pen in Heera Panna @ Rs 1250 where price quoted in Apsara ( Churchgate) was 1900!

So who is the cheapest -- can be anyone.YOU need to do the reaserch and many times legwork.

I understand your concept of cost of conveneince but bro here we are considering PURE LOW PRICE.Conveneince can be anything. Chivas Regal for a litre on duty free is at 1500 In Mumbai around 4000-4500 and In five star hotels around 16000 rs ( @ 1000Rs/Peg my Estimate) .So there is of course cost of conveneince.

Again your information is wrong -- I have always told ebay is cheapest online, if you do the right kind of (re)search"
Last diwali Big Bazaar online beten up ebay HANDS DOWN while giving prices and schemes for Laptops ,Netbooks and Digicams. And E zone ( again Big Bazaar ) had some ridiculous offers which are unmatched by any dealer incl my favorite Kohinoor.
So what is "Right kind of research":rolleyes::rolleyes:

When you said "Why don't you ask those in Lam/ rd to courier the HDD to my house.. " this service is too available (By theitwares , check techenclave ) ONLY ISSUE YOU DO NOT KNOW..:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: creadit card gateaway -- I really do not know if they offer BUT I HAVE COURAGE TO SAY I DO NOT KNOW

So if you finf your info is wrong admit it.

BTW Post coupoun ebay is manytimes cheper - I applied 500 Rs coupoun to purchase digicam for my mom .JJMEHTAS store price was higher that their ebay price!

Several times I can see ebay price were cheaper,,,thatz is only for fewer products.. Please note that ebay india price were ridiculous for some item and for some item it is good.

I have purchased more than 5no's 1TBHDD internal -My book essential in ebay and it never matched the Ritchie street prices or Lamington road prices, crazily i got for Rs.3100. But i got by applying promotion coupon..But i could see as of now only 1 vendor in ebay sold it for Rs.3600 that too a chennai vendor. That is the lowest ever saw in ebay...Still the prices are upwards.

But frequently we are getting Rs.100 disc coupon where we can purchase for goods more than Rs.105... That cant be matched by anyone... We are getting the product for Rs.5....:licklips: But to our taste only some junk products are available at ebay for Rs.105.

But as hemant told if we want to save some bucks we have to do some research with our own legs or mouth,,, But still we are not prepared and let us say we can utilize the proposed time for making money in our professional work.. Leave it.. Online is best buy and convenience that too with applying some coupons.

In USA there are convenience is there to match the lowest online price in some stores>>>>> When it is going to happen here???

Last edited:
Take a chill pill guys!! No need to fight over this because there is no single "correct" answer to your debate:). There are times when I have bought at prices lesser than S.P.Road(Bangalore's equivalent of Lamington Road, Nehru place etc) and there are times when S.P.Road has been cheaper.

I can very well relate with Santy's thought process here. It is not always about the lowest price. Sometimes, it is about flexibility, saving time (time to some is more valuable than money:eek:hyeah:), convenience, EMIs and so many other factors.

Let me give you an example. Last month, I bought two 2TB hard-disks from ebay.in. The lowest price on ebay was Rs.6129 and I did not buy from that seller because he did not offer EMI. I looked for the next best price, with EMI option, good seller rating + a seller based in Chennai and bought it at Rs.6350. I got it shipped directly to a member in Chennai for copying for priceless content;). There was a Delhi based seller who was offering EMI and was offering Rs.30 per HDD less but I did not want any further delays, so did not go with this seller. I also got a 5% cashback from Citibank for the transaction which was an absolute bonus(I would have bought it even without the cashback). Now, in this situation I might have got the HDD in S.P.Road at lesser but I had no cash to buy even one 2TB HDD leave alone two 2TB:eek:hyeah:. Even Credit Card would not helped because I had almost maxed out on my capacity to repay within the due date. EMI, I could still manage to repay somehow:).

Lamington road price is 5750 or lower ( It was lowest current may be more)
So post coupon is 650 to 700 Rs..
So IT JUSTIFIES EMI?

BTW SANTY
As per maths I learnt in Mumbai
6425 >> 5750 ( > is greater than)

So Santy according to you EBAY IS CHEAPEST , as EBAY guys do not maintain storefronts etc,::cool::cool:
SO HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN REPEATED FAILURE OF YOUR HYPOTHESIS? :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Am I missing something Hemant? I don't think Santy ever said "Ebay is the lowest price always, anyday!!". If he has said something like that it can never be true because Ebay is made up of hundreds of sellers selling the same product.

Also, it is not fair to compare ebay\online prices with market prices. There are a whole lot of factors which influence the price in places like S.P Road. How each seller prices it is purely based on his cost price and how much profit/loss he wants to make (Yes, you read it right. Sellers even sell for loss). A seller's cost price again varies with another seller's depending on the quantities he ordered, whether he received any promotions, whether he bought it for a full cash payment(very rare) or a 90 day re-payment option. The seller in a marketplace can hike/lower the price based on the customer (friend, re-seller or BAKRA etc). Whereas, in e-bay the seller has to stick to his price till the listed date.

Also, never go by the price that is quoted to you by the sellers on S.P. Road, Lamington Road etc unless you already bought the product. There is a lot of unfair competition among the sellers there. When a customer asks for a price and the seller does not have the product, the seller quotes an unbeatable price. If you say you want to buy, they will tell you to come tomorrow or later the same day as their stocks are yet to arrive. Truth is that, stock will not arrive and you will end up wasting your time and also go back thinking the other sellers are quoting high. There are also sellers who will sell for lesser with reduced warranty and there are sellers who will price something low and make up that money in another product if you are buying more than one product.

So buying from ebay or from places like Lamington Road is an individual's choice. Both kinds of businesses will co-exist because priorities for each person is different. For some getting the lowest price is all important. For some others like me, other factors also play an equal role in my purchase. I will not even bother going to S.P.Road unless I have to buy a lot of stuff - the very thought of time spent, bargaining, traffic, finding parking, dealing with above-mentioned kind of dealers makes me buy from ebay.in/online dealers.
But that's just me. To each his own:).

@ Santhol ...

"Even Credit Card would not helped because I had almost maxed out on my capacity to repay within the due date. EMI, I could still manage to repay somehow"

...... such is the plight of an Aussie banker!!!!! :rolleyes:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back