Ebay.in any deals?

@ Santhol ...

"Even Credit Card would not helped because I had almost maxed out on my capacity to repay within the due date. EMI, I could still manage to repay somehow"

...... such is the plight of an Aussie banker!!!!! :rolleyes:

@avidyarthy, remember?! December is Christmas time - a time to buy things for family when there are good discounts, a time to go on holidays, a time to party and all this needs $$. This is the state of most people in the world around this time of the year - banker or not:cool:. One either chooses to balance it out and enjoy or go without.

Also, we don't need a banker to tell us that if we should opt to pay ~2k a month for 6 months @ 0% interest instead of swiping ~12k on a Credit Card with a fast approaching due date:p. Btw, I am a techie working for the IT department of a Bank.

I will tell you an interesting story with ebay.in. Nothing to do with the prices.:p

I had an outstanding payment of Rs. 8k on my credit card. Thats when I ordered for a WDTV live through EMI, total around Rs. 8k. Later, the seller said he did not have any stock that time and he apologised. He said he will get the order cancelled but pleaded not to place a negative feedback. For that he said he will send me a gift. So I agree and he ships me a USB card reader free!

Now the funny part is the entire amount of Rs. 8k was credited back to my CC account by Paypal while on the other side the EMI was still on. So my original outstanding of 8k was turned into EMI without any banking charges. I thought its strange but cool...:D

Coming back to subject, after Hemant's tireless "War of price", I admit there may be some retail shops who offer at a lesser rate but there is so much of comfort in online buying. For instance, I went to Lamington road in search of a HID light for my Apache. You know how much I had to struggle to get a reliable information on the product they sell. And about the pricing, at one store he quoted Rs. 3200 and in another shop Rs. 2600. Ask them about its brand or specifications.. they give a blind look. So you get confused and hunt for right information, spending lot of time and energy. Apart from that my experience with these sellers was never pleasant. They don't treat you like a customer but like an onlooker. I get to notice they are often rude and lack courtesy.

Go online, Search is instant. You get to know about the product specifications. These people know what they are selling. Google it further and you confirm the description is right. Compare it across brands, models and sellers. Put them in watch list and narrow down to one item. Then look at seller reputation, no. of items sold, then you punch in the 16 digits. These people are scared of negative feedback so they make all efforts to satisfy you. And thats what makes me go online. And I will, always.

Last edited:
My brother got coupon recently for Rs. 1000 off on minium purchase of Rs. 2500.00.

Am I missing something Hemant? I don't think Santy ever said "Ebay is the lowest price always, anyday!!". If he has said something like that it can never be true because Ebay is made up of hundreds of sellers selling the same product.

Check this thread started by Santy

http://www.hifivision.com/hot-deals/12342-ebay-discount-trick-works.html

I dont think so. Ebay sellers have no overheads like showroom rent / electricity/ maintenance/ salary etc. They usually sell at a cheaper rate. Not sure about Lamington road, do you get bills there? I think its a grey market, if I am not wrong?

Now this is ridiculous ...right? I have proven Ebay is NOT cheapest ,sometimes it is

BTW I suspected that he is NOT from Mumbai ,and yes he is not..:)) He may not be knowing where our markets like Lam Road, Alfa, Heera Panna,Musafirkhana, Crawferd Market,Colaba etc are.:))

Also mind well may guys on Lam RD DO NOT Pay rent. THe places are bought ,20-30 yrs back when property was cheaper.

When a customer asks for a price and the seller does not have the product, the seller quotes an unbeatable price. If you say you want to buy, they will tell you to come tomorrow or later the same day as their stocks are yet to arrive. Truth is that, stock will not arrive and you will end up wasting your time and also go back thinking the other sellers are quoting high.

This thing Happens? All examples awhich I gave are products which I bought with Receipt and warentee ,or I accompanied my friends to buy that stuff. In case of laptops the difference was 4 K(on price of 14 K) which justifies visit!In Mumbai ,least for me if product not available the answer I get is plain and simple not available, or I get the product. This things happened with AOC TV and Segate 2 TB HDD

There are also sellers who will sell for lesser with reduced warranty

ANY PINPOINT EXAMPLE ?With bill and scanned copy of reduced warentee? Warentee has standard termsand duration and my limited expereince of channel selling never dealer asked me to reduce warentee to reduce prices..so can you tell the brand and dealer.
BTW segate had and maybe having similar HDDs with 3 and 5 yrs warentee ,but it was/is CLEARLY MENTIONED ON BOX and any person with normal eyesight and clear understanding of english can read it. So this is news to me....OR AGAIN SOME WRONG INFO PASSED ON ASSUMPTIONS?

There are sellers who will price something low and make up that money in another product

Following of my purchases were sinle one at a time, from different shops
4 Laptops ( 2 for me 2 for friends)
5-6 HDDs
AOC Monitor TV
Thumb drives

So where the dealers made money?

BTW our local PC market in Navi Mumbai started giving competition to Lam Rd..Santy may not be knowing that market exists ( Thanks denom for updating prices)

Again last Diwali Lam RD laptop prices were RIPPED by big bazaar online . So much so that ACER put a notice that BB is not their dealer!

He said he will get the order cancelled but pleaded not to place a negative feedback. For that he said he will send me a gift. So I agree and he ships me a USB card reader free!

USB card reader costs around Rs 50-100, he should have sent better gift!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

USB card reader costs around Rs 50-100, he should have sent better gift!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Better gift like a free WDTV live player for the cancelled order of a WDTV live player?? :D :D Come on, you can do a lot better than that. Its about the value of a positive feedback on ebay not about the worth of the obligation.

santhol2 said:
I don't think Santy ever said "Ebay is the lowest price always, anyday!!".
Navigate to post#1 and #11 of that thread and you will know you are still waging a war for reasons best known to you!

Santy said:
Now I had to order WD TV Live (discussions here) and ebay was offering the lowest rate on the net.

Santy said:
^^ bro, You have spent a lot of time in that road. I agree with you.

But this thread is not about cheapest places to buy, but about discounts from ebay! In my original post, I just said ebay was cheapest online not in the entire market..

Some products may be cheap in Lamington road and some in ebay. But again there are other factors:

People from Delhi cant come to Lamington road. Even from Navi Mumbai I cannot find time to go. If I decide to go, I have to put Rs. 500 worth petrol and come back with cramped ankles (traffic). I prefer ebay in such cases. Twice I went to Lamington road, looking for HID lamp and Graphic Card. Could not get a reliable details about the product they sell. Whereas you can do plenty of research before you add to cart during online purchases.

Ebay purchase is protected. Insured. It has money back guarantee. Ebay sellers are damn scared of negative feedbacks. They do everything to satisfy you, not like the ones who don't even welcome you in shops.

How crisp!

Guys, let us not hijack this thread. Let us leave it to other members having a valid ebay coupon to share, to the man who has lot of experience wandering about on the famous lam road to know the lowest prices and still looking for discount coupons on ebay.:D May be for a few moments, it made sense to him to buy on ebay rather than slogging on the roads to save a few bucks. May be he too was tempted with credit card payment, refund guarantee, ship to home and EMI options provided by ebay. :eek:hyeah: Its all in the game.

\

\

Guys, let us not hijack this thread. Let us leave it to other members having a valid ebay coupon to share, to the man who has lot of experience wandering about on the famous lam road to know the lowest prices and still looking for discount coupons on ebay.:D May be for a few moments, it made sense to him to buy on ebay rather than slogging on the roads to save a few bucks. May be he too was tempted with credit card payment, refund guarantee, ship to home and EMI options provided by ebay. :eek:hyeah: Its all in the game.

It seems you do not understand Mumbai ,but I think do not understand plain English :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:.As I said "I want good price , from anywhere" ( Maybe sucker is too high for ur vocab) so where is point of emracing ebay,,

BTW I do not think so you have done any international shopping on ebay...I have that experience too and it was pleasant...How abot shopping on Amazon? .So I find it funny how you generalise your experience with your narrow vision...funny!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

It seems you do not understand Mumbai ,but I think do not understand plain English

I have seen plenty of guys like you in online forums, when they run of out words, this is the typical last resort they use to close a debate in favour of self. Getting personal and saying 'You do not know English' :eek:hyeah:

This thing Happens? All examples awhich I gave are products which I bought with Receipt and warentee ,or I accompanied my friends to buy that stuff. In case of laptops the difference was 4 K(on price of 14 K) which justifies visit!In Mumbai ,least for me if product not available the answer I get is plain and simple not available, or I get the product. This things happened with AOC TV and Segate 2 TB HDD
Yes Sir, these things happen. There is more to it than what meets the eye. I know a bit of these things because I used to assemble computers for my classmates/collegemates during my college days to make some pocket money. Here in Bangalore, these things happen for sure and think it should be the same in Mumbai\Delhi too... I may be wrong though. If you have friends in the business, they may tell you if you are close enough.

ANY PINPOINT EXAMPLE ?With bill and scanned copy of reduced warentee? Warentee has standard termsand duration and my limited expereince of channel selling never dealer asked me to reduce warentee to reduce prices..so can you tell the brand and dealer.
BTW segate had and maybe having similar HDDs with 3 and 5 yrs warentee ,but it was/is CLEARLY MENTIONED ON BOX and any person with normal eyesight and clear understanding of english can read it. So this is news to me....OR AGAIN SOME WRONG INFO PASSED ON ASSUMPTIONS?
Hemant, I neither have the time nor the inclination to prove anything to anyone. I also have no need to cook up stuff or pass wrong info. About warranty, very few products(mostly hard disks) come with warranty mentioned on the carton. Just FYI, there are many products which don't come with warranty from the manufacturer simply because the warranty it is not valid in our country or simply not viable. In these cases, the warranty is actually made up by the distributor or importer and not manufacturer.

Can we get back to the topic please? Enough of slogging the dead horse!!

could these be imitation stuff?
My way is very simple.Check online.Decide a product,check specifications & DL,read manuals if available,note the exact product no/model ,go to market with possible list & if market price is lowest,buy & come home peacefully.
Sometimes online prices are cheap.eg.Sennheiser PMX 60 Headphones

I got local store price of Rs.1500 & ebay price is Rs.550
eBay India: Original Sennheiser PMX 60 Headphones PMX60 for Rs549. (item 170589173530 end time 13-Jan-2011 16:29:13 IST)

could these be imitation stuff?

It is original I believe. Few months ago, it was sold for Rs.500/- incl. shipping on eBay in deal of the week. I bought one.

The reason is, it was coming free with Nokia 5800. So many sellers did not give it to the customer or reduced Rs.200-300 to the customers who did not want it.

If you happen to visit gaffar/palika in delhi, people have plenty of them unsold. You can get it there for 300-400 also.

That was an amazing deal, which laptop was available for 14k?

Asus eeepc 900 HA
it was in discontinuation phase , i was looking for it as it was smallest ( 8.9 Inch screen against 10 inch of normal netbook)

E bay price was 16000 or 17000 with 1 Gb ram .Also while updating the ram you need to salvage older as you need to salvage older as there is only 1 slot.

A dealer on lam rd was selling it for 14 K in "SALE" ( Last 4 pieces) . while tried to bargain hard he agreed to give me ram upgrade- from 1 gb to 2 gb ( sealed ram with warentee)!

Prices are equal to shops.The picture in group is of essential & when you click,you see its entry level Elements.
I got 1TB essential for Rs.3750 & this element is 3450.
Seagate was Rs.300 less than WD essential(1TB)

Panasonic BDP45 is cheap?-
http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170592227263

Even 32gb Pendrive-
http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150550643752
16gb at price of mine 8gb coirsar(<1000).

Last edited:
Hi anm,
unfortunately you cannot club the coupon discount with the deals of the week products purchases!

Dear Friends,
I am in need of 10% voucher (max.1000) discount for purchasing Mobile.If any one has a valid voucher please help me.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back