EBay.in purchase experience - completely cheated

Sorry about what happened with you Robin. I've made numerous transactions over eBay and not every transaction has been smooth, BUT, eBay.in's customer service was always helpful, courteous and have bent over backwards to resolve issues and they've always been resolved. I find it strange that they'd route you to eBay international and I find it even stranger that you attempted to reach them. Why??!! People have been advising you here to approach your CC provider. Have you done that? When you called customer care/service did you ask for a complaint # so you could quote that in the future? What's the use of posting screenshots or pics here? It does not help in resolution. You should be mailing this to eBay.in's customer care folks. I'd advise you to open up a channel with eBay again, they have a well defined process to resolve issues. Please try to send them a mail detailing the whole issue. Keep a mail trail. Try it. It'll work. After all these channels don't work, please report back and maybe then folks here will be able to advise you to try other options. EBay.in and international have been doing business for years, reach out to them again.

Today morning I'd contacted ebay.in customer care, and they saying ''if you're facing any account related issues, please contact eBay.com (usa site) and contact number is ''0018665403229''. What can I do in this situation?

Someone (seller) stole my account information, and he added his friend's or another person's mobile number & mail id instead of my personal id.
At present his friend's name is ROBIN, my name is ROBO LALU! what can I do? Seller send ordered item to his friend's Jhansi district address (pin code 284205 U P).
Ebay customer care person thinking or saying ROBIN is another person not me ''you're ROBO LALU''

They're suspended my account bcoz of multiple user. I'm using only one account, but their system showing multiple user accounts.

Sorry for your loss!
Just ask reverse charge from your credit card company. I have got in similar case from UK seller who ran away with money after claiming item dispatched, and the amount was INR 23K.

Now you (everybody) need to know for any online transaction including bank - NEVER SHARE PIN TO BANK or ANYONE WHO SEND IT TO YOU. IT'S PERSONAL.
1. Any pin or password (OTP) on personal mobile phone is personal and not shared to anybody.
2. Think why you got that pin on your mobile, must be from your serious action and not purchase, even credit card OTP is never shared.
3. In this case - on ebay you can change multiple user name and if you initiated that you get verified by this pin.
4. Here fraud seller initiated change action and eBay verified it by sending you pin. Which you passed on to fraud seller. [Mistake]
5. I don't think anybody has time to do forensic investigation of IP Address where the actions initiated by you or someone else.

So get your money back from credit card and spread this message. Ask ebay to close the account, claim it is hacked in.

BTW, I saw listing of that seller. He has all buyer ratings who has 0 or 1 feedback points. Means he has changed username passwords of those many people? Because once we change username then our score restarts from 0. :(

Last edited:
OK, Robin, I called eBay customer service, explained your situation and asked for help. They told me that all cases of fraudulent usage, account hacking etc are taken care of by eBay.com and that the India customer care has been instructed to direct all customers to eBay.in for cases like these. So the eBay.in folks were only following instructions. Now you say you do not understand the American accent so is it possible for you to take help of someone who understands the accent to call on your behalf? Or else ask if they can give you an email address where you can send email to. And, get your CC provider to reverse the transaction - you seem to be ignoring this piece of advice given to you by multiple people here and I don't know why.

1. Recover your losses.
2. Get the culprits.

Decide what you want to do - 1, 2 or both.

eBay is not at fault here, you are to blame but people make mistakes & you did too. Please take this ahead to a conclusion that satisfies you.

Last edited:
as suggested by members, did he call bank and stopped the transaction or did the bank has already paid it? he has not answered the solution from bank..i heard usually credit card payments will be made available after 3 days only to prevent such issues. so credit cards is safer than debit.. is it so.? somebody please enlighten this.... also i wanted to know what answer bank said when he contacted for cancellation...

i heard usually credit card payments will be made available after 3 days only to prevent such issues. so credit cards is safer than debit.. is it so.? somebody please enlighten this....

Made available to whom? The vendor?

I brick and mortar transaction, the vendor usually closes his CC account at the end of the day. When he does that the money is transferred to his account. He gets a list of transactions that for part of that closure. Some vendors do it twice a day. In theory they can close as many times as they want. There may be some charges involved that the vendor has to bear.

This is true for both credit and debit cards. In both cases again, the vendor can reverse the transaction for a particular sale. In that case the funds may take a day or two to reach you.

In online transactions, I am assuming the funds are transferred immediately.

What members are talking about is to get the money back from the bank. The vendor would have got the money, and it is a long drawn process to recover the money from him.

Cheers

Thanks for all support from your side. Yesterday I'd contacted ebay customer care and they saying, at present my money is safe there. ''My purchased item is protected under ebay.in guarantee''.

My computer has some severe problems, in last couple of days. I think may be it was the another reason for these type of fraud fishing attacks. ''So be careful''

Last edited:
Thanks for all support from your side. Yesterday I'd contacted ebay customer care and they saying, at present my money is safe there. ''My purchased item is protected under ebay.in guarantee''.

My computer has some severe problems, in last couple of days. I think may be it was the another reason for these type of fraud fishing attacks. ''So be careful''

Format it, reinstall the OS get a good version of anti virues and internet security pack. If you are using this computer for secure transactions avoid any downloads and visiting non trusted sites. keep a VM of ubuntu etc for downloading bla bla

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back