EBay.in purchase experience - completely cheated

I am shocked to hear this fraud..........I have ordered more then 5 to 6 products from ebay.in and some products were costing almost
Rs.23000/-.....but did not have any problem. All were original and perfect. I think somewhere something has gone wrong. You should not lose hope. Contact Cyber cell and other customer complaints........In todays world online sites are become so perfect that once I ordered and cancel and got the credit back in credit card from ebay.in. But one of the greatest mistake is that you easily quoted the PIN which is strictly no no....

I am a regular buyer at ebay.in and my experience has been mostly pleasant. I had one sour experience though but was quickly resolved by ebay. I was in need of small length of speaker wire and found a listing that exactly matched my requirement. I didn't check the seller reputation and placed the order. To my horror I got some cheap quality wire that was not matching the description. I called up the seller and first he said it is the same item as per description. Then he changed stance, that he might have made a mistake and he will replace it. He asked me to acknowledge receipt and he will send the replacement. I did that, then he again changed color and said ebay will give refund. I raised a paisapay claim for refund with photos of the item received. I got a call from ebay on the 3'rd day and without any more arguments, the full amount was refunded as coupon.

I have 100+ transactions on ebay and this is the only one that went wrong. I would always go with a seller with more feedback and reputation when buying from ebay even if his prices are higher. Dont fall for false promises of seller when a transaction goes wrong.

Ebay is an e-commerce platform where the buyer has the upper hand as the funds never reaches the seller till we acknowledge receipt and feedback system acts as a deterrent to unscrupulous seller behaviour

But one of the greatest mistake is that you easily quoted the PIN which is strictly no no....

Agreed, Bcoz seller called on behalf and as like of ebay customer care executive. All the online sellers quoted an amount of above rs.9000. This seller's price was rs.6800. First call came from this mobile 08896167189 and his language was in local Hindi (as like local Bengali touch). I disconnect that call bcoz of lack in hindi usage. Again he called me, and I requested to speak in English, he handover to another person, he explained they wants 4 digit pin, and their need is to register that pin to ebay. They are just new registered seller, so wants to go next level, this pin necessary, its for shipping purpose too. If you're not ready to share we're going to cancel this transaction. (This was the lowest amount, if they cancel this order I've to spend more money,that's why share that pin)

i usually bottom scrape among ebay sellers - buy the cheapest stuff from new/low feedback sellers, but I know the ebay processes, so have never got burnt - actually gotten full refunds for small issues in return for providing a good rating.

getting a transaction cancelled = grounds for you to give a -ve rating = account cancelled.
if a new dealer is okay doing something that is going to get his account cancelled (most new dealers are trying really hard to get a few good ratings and will bend over backwards to accomodate you ) then that should have sent flags

Raise a dispute with your credit card company with that Airway Bill Number which I am sure is fake.

Agreed, Bcoz seller called on behalf and as like of ebay customer care executive. All the online sellers quoted an amount of above rs.9000. This seller's price was rs.6800. First call came from this mobile 08896167189 and his language was in local Hindi (as like local Bengali touch). I disconnect that call bcoz of lack in hindi usage. Again he called me, and I requested to speak in English, he handover to another person, he explained they wants 4 digit pin, and their need is to register that pin to ebay. They are just new registered seller, so wants to go next level, this pin necessary, its for shipping purpose too. If you're not ready to share we're going to cancel this transaction. (This was the lowest amount, if they cancel this order I've to spend more money,that's why share that pin)

Robin,
What ebay has done by suspending your account is standard operating procedure. They are most probably not targeting you. Look at it this way, they may be protecting you from digital identity theft.
What has ebay to gain by pissing off one customer?
Speak to your bank, speak to ebay, explain and also hear what they have to say. There may be justification, there may not be.
As I said earlier, this incident seems serious and borders on identity theft. Get the facts, and possibly raise a police complaint. 6K and/or ebay is not the issue here.

Cheers,
Raghu

Hi

If it is Credit Card payment, this would be as good as online fraud, lodge a complaint against EBAY India and definitely the matter will take some time, see if you can speak to the Credit Card issuer if anything can be done.....infact a lot of newspaper articles came about card fraud etc.....

Now please ensure no more calls and put everything over email....i am sure a simple google search will throw up some ebay email ids for dispute redresses etc.

Hi

If it is Credit Card payment, this would be as good as online fraud, lodge a complaint against EBAY India and definitely the matter will take some time, see if you can speak to the Credit Card issuer if anything can be done.....infact a lot of newspaper articles came about card fraud etc.....

Now please ensure no more calls and put everything over email....i am sure a simple google search will throw up some ebay email ids for dispute redresses etc.

I re-set my user name and password. But fraud seller changed my personal information. My name changed to robo lalu instead of robin landanson. He changed my email id also, so all the communication's related to his mail only. I can't edit my personal data, all these connected with his mail id....

I only had 1 chargeback in my life (that too with Ramada hotels) with Visa and every month Visa would send me a statement that the charge has been disputed by me and after 6 months, they closed the case and returned my money.

Which Ramada hotel? Is it Ahmedabad?

You got taken for a ride because of your own mistake. The Net and media is always warning people NEVER to share any pin numbers or passwords. You breached that and paid a price.

Don't waste time talking to Americans on a phone line. You might never dechiper what they are saying and THEY might not understand what you are saying ! Even Indians with good English accents find it very hard following what some Americans say and it's MUCH more difficult over a phone line.

As suggested put everything down on email. That way you have a record.
Contact everyone.. Ebay, the credit card company / your bank which issued the cards.

Don't give up on your loss so easily. You need to fight to get it back. Cancel all credit cards that you use and get new ones issued. It's easy to do. Inform the credit card company by email and not over the phone. These things are taken very seriously by the card companies. Give ALL the information you have about the 'company' that cheated you. Their phone numbers , company name, location etc.

If you don't chase them ,they will just get bolder and maybe get back at you again with the stolen information ! If someone snatched your cellphone and ran away ,will you say " what a thief he stole my phone" and stay put ? No, you would make a lot of noise and chase them ! Do the same thing now!

Here I'm adding some screenshots. Ebay mail shows that item delivered, but airway bill showing item reached in new delhi. And you can saw destination pin code (jhansi district UP). My pin code is 695011

Last edited:
Not only about money... its much more about cheating!!!!

Try all the ways what a consumer can do. Take fellow mates suggestions also.

Sorry about what happened with you Robin. I've made numerous transactions over eBay and not every transaction has been smooth, BUT, eBay.in's customer service was always helpful, courteous and have bent over backwards to resolve issues and they've always been resolved. I find it strange that they'd route you to eBay international and I find it even stranger that you attempted to reach them. Why??!! People have been advising you here to approach your CC provider. Have you done that? When you called customer care/service did you ask for a complaint # so you could quote that in the future? What's the use of posting screenshots or pics here? It does not help in resolution. You should be mailing this to eBay.in's customer care folks. I'd advise you to open up a channel with eBay again, they have a well defined process to resolve issues. Please try to send them a mail detailing the whole issue. Keep a mail trail. Try it. It'll work. After all these channels don't work, please report back and maybe then folks here will be able to advise you to try other options. EBay.in and international have been doing business for years, reach out to them again.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back