electrical protection for my Onkyo 609

007india

Hi All!

I would like to know if its safe to use a v-guard stabiliser 1.2kw with a MX spike buster connected to my Onkyo 609 AVR?

here the connections are:

Mains(220v) > 1.2KW stabiliser > spike buster > AVR,TV,DVD,STB.

Is it safe? some where I have seen, UPS/inverters are not be used for LCD TVs. Similarly I would like to know if its safe to use stabiliser for my TOSHIBA TV and Onkyo AVR.

That may protect your devices. The best option will be online UPS but it is very expensive. Prepare to shell out atleast 25K for a decent one. I will recommend a line interactive UPS over the vguard stabilizer. It is much cheaper than online UPS and gives a voltage stabilzer function in addition to the backup. Get a sinewave one if possible. For added protection you can connect a spike buster, but most of them come with spike buster and filters.

There is no harm in using UPS for LCD/LED TV. If you can protect your valuable and delicate computer with UPS then why don't LCDs? Both of them use SMPS for power section and wave form doesn't matter for SMPS. I have been using an ordinary offline 600VA UPS for my LCD since last 2 years. No problem till date.

I Just got installed a 1.2KVA line interactive UPS with 40AH battery today for 11K. It has wide voltage range from 135-270. Now my AVR is no more shutting down due to low voltage (Denon will shut down if voltage falls below 150V). I have a 5KVA servo stab too that takes care of overall voltage stabilization of entire house.

hi baiju,

Can you pls share the model and price of online ups and servo stab you are using. I am planning for a similiar power supply for my denon 1912.if possible, pls share from where you bought them.

Thanks,
Antony

^^. UPS is line interactive quasi sine wave, not online and sinewave. Make supra. First I thought of 2KVA online UPS but 26K excluding battery was out of my budget. There is a 1KVA online model for 12K but you will need four batteries. I bought 1.2KVA (6K) and 40AH battery for 11K including tax. For higher models you will need two or more batteries. For UPS just post a message on their website and they will contact you.

Servo is locally made and it cost me 15K and 1K for a two pole changeover switch.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back