Evaluation of a deal on Denon 1509+ Pro FX fusion 5 series

Arun13

Hi Guys,

Wanted your inputs on a deal that is on currently at the Pro FX showroom for:
Denon 1509 Amp - Black Color
Pro FX 5 series speakers - Cherry Color
Panasonic 32 in LCD - only wall mount
For Rs.60,000.

Am not too much of an audiophile. So, while the effects seemed pretty good, i wanted your inputs on whether this is a really good deal to go ahead and pick up.
Cheers,
Arun

Hi Guys,

Wanted your inputs on a deal that is on currently at the Pro FX showroom for:
Denon 1509 Amp - Black Color
Pro FX 5 series speakers - Cherry Color
Panasonic 32 in LCD - only wall mount
For Rs.60,000.

Am not too much of an audiophile. So, while the effects seemed pretty good, i wanted your inputs on whether this is a really good deal to go ahead and pick up.
Cheers,
Arun

Price is good,but spk are average type.
I can say spk are 7.5/10 others an be 9/10

I will rate speakers only 6/10. Rti A3 bookshelves sounded so much better than those Fusion towers!

I agree,they are ok for mov not music.I heard @ goregaon exhibition,they were very edgy,harsh.Kef were better.

For 60K its a good deal especially if you're starting out with any of them like an LCD TV and/or a HT setup. Pro FX speakers are so so and not too good, but still pretty decent. Try to negotiate for more reduction or something else like a universal remote or HDMI cable, etc.

I will rate speakers only 6/10. Rti A3 bookshelves sounded so much better than those Fusion towers!

Thanks for you feedback...could you also please let me know your thoughts from the following perspective:

I dont own a music system as of now (am making do with my Worldspace receiver connected to Altec Lansing) and am looking at this set up serving me for the next 4-5 years while i slowly accumulate money to build a proper system step by step. The last one i had bought was an Onkyo around 8 years back which i gave to my dad :). Room size is around 12*12 and am hoping i can connect my I pod and Worldspace to this

Arun,

If it's only music you're looking for then at 60K you can do a lot better that this. But if you're looking to acquire an LCD TV and a HT unit and this is the best you can find in your budget then by all means go for it.

My advice is hunt around and see if going separately for a 32" LCD TV and a HTIB will cost less and by how much? TVs all will be the same but how will a HTIB in the same budget compare against this one on offer. Then you can make the decision.

Thanks for you feedback...could you also please let me know your thoughts from the following perspective:

I dont own a music system as of now (am making do with my Worldspace receiver connected to Altec Lansing) and am looking at this set up serving me for the next 4-5 years while i slowly accumulate money to build a proper system step by step. The last one i had bought was an Onkyo around 8 years back which i gave to my dad :). Room size is around 12*12 and am hoping i can connect my I pod and Worldspace to this

If you really like this system,it is ok for mov,but for music ,you need to upgrade step by step.

1st to come will be stereo amp,check with these spk,if you like the sound,thats it.or add new spk too.

Other way Denon avr are good for music too,you can get another pair of BS which are good for music.

Thanks guys...really appreciate you taking time out to guide me. Will look around a bit and try to see if there is any deal which is better and also check on the LCD TV bit.

Will keep you posted and also ensure that i put in my feedback in case i do happen to pick up the set.

Cheers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back