[Experts comment required] Using Local 3-way speaker Column with yamaha YHT-196

kyahaiyaar

Hi Friends,

I have a query.. will it be fruitful to use 3-way speaker column (like this)
url

which can be procured from Lajpat rai market Delhi with YAMAHA YHT-196 as front speakers??

Eagerly waiting for answers from experts and fellow members...

I think it should be a lot better than satellites and may be better than small bookshelf speakers for listening 2 channel audio. But audition the speakers with your avr to check if the sound suits your ears.

I think it should be a lot better than satellites and may be better than small bookshelf speakers for listening 2 channel audio. But audition the speakers with your avr to check if the sound suits your ears.

In that case i would have to take my AVR to Lajpat rai market which over crowded n too dusty:eek::eek: will see...but i just want to know if anyone here on his forum tried these kind of speakers for there home theaters.

I had tried speakers such as these local ones while I was in Gurgaon.
If you like it and not others within your budget. Why not, go ahead use them.

Very few people can stick to one set of speakers in their life time of music listening. You too can change them later.

Hi,
Just a quick note YHT-196 is designed for speakers 6ohms and above, if connecting a lower impedance speaker, check if the receiver is heating up.

Regards,
Rajiv

Very few people can stick to one set of speakers in their life time of music listening. You too can change them later.
Thanks sumanta.. Will try it.. Btw I too have sony hifi speakers.. Will try that first.. Lets c the results..

Hi,
Just a quick note YHT-196 is designed for speakers 6ohms and above, if connecting a lower impedance speaker, check if the receiver is heating up.

Regards,
Rajiv
Thank you rajiv.. Will keep that in mind..so basically the speakers impedance can be 6 ohms or more.. But should not be less than 6 ohms.. Right?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back