Explain your Username and Avatar

My handle is a combination of official abbreviation of my Rank that I held during my short stint in Indian Army (of which, I'm very proud of) and my First Name that literally means Lord of the Kings which I'm told is one of the myriad names of Lord Shiva.

My Avatar is taken from one of the artworks of my most fav rock band.

Phew.:D

Last edited:
My user name is my chat name from late 90s yahoo & ICQ chatrooms.

Back then anonymity was just an concept and this name seems like a good harmless handle to lure opposite sex into conversations.

Well....it stuck. ;)

P.S. : I'm relived that better half doesn't frequent this forum.

I hope your purpose of using this forum is different from the 90s as you would be quite disappointed by now...

While I joined HFV. I was a big fan of Max payne Game. So First 3 alphabets are from that name and middle 3 letters are from my first 3 alphabets of my name. Last alphabets are first 3 alphabets of the city I brought up:)

My pic is of my dawg. On another forum (Non audio related) I am tuffmutt. She is a street mutt i picked up when she was a month old. Has been stuck with me for 10 years through thick and thin. That is the pose she listen to music when Maggie's are singing.

I realized that I didn't have an avatar, so added one before posting. The username is my name, Sandeep :)

I love watching movies. My avatar is Bluray cover image for the Three Colors trilogy, a homage to Krzysztof Kieslowski, one of my favorite directors.
Nice one Sandeep,
I owned a DVD of the trilogy and loved it but lost it while moving houses I think. Loved the movie "Red". The one with the Judge in it, If I rememebr correctly. Very stylized visually and explored complex themes thi trilogy.

Nice one Sandeep,
I owned a DVD of the trilogy and loved it but lost it while moving houses I think. Loved the movie "Red". The one with the Judge in it, If I rememebr correctly. Very stylized visually and explored complex themes thi trilogy.
Yes! His movies can start off as complex and a bit confusing to the viewer, but quickly start making sense, pull us in and before we know it we are sucked into the narrative :)
If you are interested in exploring further, you might like:
1. Blind Chance (the uncut version)
2. A short film about killing & A short film about love (From "Dekalog")
3. The Double life of Veronique
4. Camera Buff

Though I did not spend much time while deciding on the id but what came to my mind at that time was that it looks like I was born (first four chars of my id) with knack for fidelity (first two chars from this) and because of this after several years of effort, I have a system that does not let me have a single day when I do not listen to music.

Yes! His movies can start off as complex and a bit confusing to the viewer, but quickly start making sense, pull us in and before we know it we are sucked into the narrative :)
If you are interested in exploring further, you might like:
1. Blind Chance (the uncut version)
2. A short film about killing & A short film about love (From "Dekalog")
3. The Double life of Veronique
4. Camera Buff
Thanks for the suggestions Sandeep. appreciate it. would like to watch more of his movies when I get a break from music. Lol

I got my handle from call of duty. It means beginner, and it's the lowest level. I use it because I consider myself one in any of my hobbies, and I continue to learn.

The Avatar is stolen from pagalguy forums. Initially I had photoshopped the horns to be green (for obvious reasons) but then I got a pair of hella redgrille horns in my car , and changed to red horns to reflect my car. I use the same Avatar across forums, so there you go.

My user name is my name Jayant, which in Sanskrit means victorious.
Avatar is my turntable playing The Nightfly by Donald Fagan of Steely Dan fame. A personal favorite album for auditioning audio gear
And the LP cover with Sonny Rollins record next to the turntable is stunning! I am also a huge Steely Dan (upto Gaucho) fan. In my early days of hifi, the explosive drums solo at the end of Aja was my test LP.

Also made a note to ask Sushant about the rack. Buying a rack (audiophile one, even locally) means huge loss in resale value. I would like one that looks like bedroom furniture (not audio furniture) - wood wood wood!

And to the point of this. My user name reflects my desire to go with basics as far as tech goes. Vivek is usually taken by the time I get to it, and so have variants with my last name (like many a Madrasi, the initial became a last name when confronted with passport and apps for US universities when in college) or initial.

Can’t be usually bothered with an avatar - after years I got a family photo on what’s app. Who knows, as usual Nikhil may inspire a change here too

LP cover with Sonny Rollins record next to the turntable is stunning! I am also a huge Steely Dan (upto Gaucho) fan. In my early days of hifi, the explosive drums solo at the end of Aja was my test LP.
Yes I just love the evocative feel of this artwork. The Sonny Rollins album was apparently Donald Fagan's favorite. Aja is my favorite audition record too! Becker and Fagan were such anal recording perfectionists, almost all their studio albums are an audiophiles dream

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back