Explain your Username and Avatar

(Curious to know what FM @WHATSINANAME would have to say) :):D

Well I'm a little paranoid about online security and such, so try to be as anonymous as possible on the internet.

The username, of course, is a reference to Shakespeare's famous quote, and kind of derives from my thinking (at the time I began to use it - long ago when I was young and stupid) of wanting to make my own way in the world, and not depend on the family name.

Quite an interesting thread, my user name is my first handle name once I stepped on forums which love to carry almost everywhere. My avtar is my company logo. BTW, am Sajan from Cochin.

Cool thread!

My user name is my first name and last initial.

Till recently, my avataar was the iconic cover of 21st Century Schizoid Man album by King Crimson - One of my favourite albums and bands.

In the Corona times, I came across a masked version of the Schizoid Man and decided to use it as my avataar as it very aptly depicts the state of mind of people today shying away from social interactions and are increasing becoming more 'Schizoid'!

My user name: shinshya; shin - New, shya - Member in Japanese language. I am not a new member anymore, though, having been associated with this great forum for more than a decade. Have become bit active these days as I developed more passion on music and gears. By the way, my real name is Ali Subhahan Shaik. I am humble and polite in nature.

I probably got online into the world wide web in the 90's. When any email account you had would be discontinued if not accessed within 3 months. Might sound funny to the younger audience here :D

Anyways, just like our younger audience, I wanted a catchy online avatar. Trust me my name is too ghisa pita and boring :D

Anyways the on line dating sites like inmatch.com were all the rage then. And there was absolutely no chance of a hit, if I ever posted myself under my original name. Who wants to date a prehistoric zombie.

So after many brain storming pub sessions with my friends, we felt lash was a catchy wood. Come on we were kids then..and lash was still not a kinky word then :D

So my first email id ever , also my first ever yahoo chats were under [email protected]. Then I went for a sail and came back, and found my account was deactivated, as I couldn't acess it from the middle of the deep sea. So I opened another account with, you guessed it [email protected]. This also met the same fate. So I decided to make it newalsh09, and it continued to this day.

But sadly this name never even got me coofee time, forget a date :D

I guess one shouldn't decide a name at the behest of even the most well intentioned friends when drunk :D

This was my CS1.6 gaming name while in college. I was pretty successful in many inter-college gaming fests, hence stuck to it as a sentiment. The name evolved from my previous gaming name called 'Apotheosis - Transformation from Man to God', from a Dan Brown book. Atom was taken from the movie Real Steel, where the robot's name is Atom. Combined Apo from Apotheosis and Atom to ApoAtom.

username is my first name.
avataar is Louise from the Animated movie Princess and The Frog. He is an alligator. He got those big teeth and introduced in the movie like a villain about to pounce on its prey. It turns out in few seconds that Louis is a big jazz fan and plays trumpet himself. All he was doing is to catch a listener. Funny is not it

My User Name: Indian Ears.....
Indian - I am proud to be one
Ears - the most important asset for an Audiophile :)

My Avatar is a nicely animated Spool Deck.... Sadly I cant afford to indulge in Spools .... even though they are probably the best source of high quality recordings (an album on spools typically costs US$ 500). Also only a few albums are available on spools.

P.S: I un-ashamedly declare that I am an Audiophile First, and a Music lover second...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back