Explain your Username and Avatar

User name : I registered with Bloom@83 back in 2014 when reading Ulysses , where I heavily identified myself with Leopold Bloom the protagonist. Like him I was aimlessly searching for something to redefine his life at that time.
83 is obviously birthyear.

My Avatar denotes two of the things in life that has given me unadulterated joy : Beatles and vinyl.
PS: I’m a music lover first and audiophile second. ;)

My name is Clive. My avatar is the treble clef symbol as I'm a merit holder in the Grade 3 violin exams from the Trinity College of Music (Mumbai exam center).
Welcome to the forum, Clive. Have you posted your recordings on YouTube etc? In that case, please provide a link, I’d like to listen.

Hi Sachin, I haven't posted any recordings yet on social media. Will surely send you a link when it's done. Here is one document I'll always cherish! Gone are the days when manual typewriters were used to print on certificates!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-16-12-06-42.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-16-12-06-42.png
    936.9 KB · Views: 42
My username is a combination of Alphabets derived from my first & last name
My avatar is the different me, Who I am

User name - my name + surname.
Avatar - version one of my OB speaker built 3 years ago which has got several modifications since then

My username and avatar are completely related to music.

Username is also my email ID. It's basically short for "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying". This was an album released in 1986 by a band called Megadeth. It's a very important album to me.

Avatar is logo of my favourite band "Dream Theater".

Well my handle and avatar are self explanatory. Kinda explains all the circus that I do in terms DIY or otherwise : all for music!

And the doggy is wearing a T Shirt which says I love techno - thanks to my Dad, I've been exposed to good deal of electronic music right from the 80s. I switch to melodious/soothing music as a detox.

My Username is the combination of first 4 letters of my first name: Sathish, and Tom referring to Actor "Tom Cruise" (hardcore Fan since childhood). This is also my Email ID.
I was a little bit hesitant to put my self portrait as Avatar while joining this Forum 2.5 Years ago. I started learning more about Stereo & HT through this forum and all the members are very friendly and helpful. I think this is the right moment for me to change my Avatar to my Self Portrait.
Thank you all.
Seriously, I was under the impression that your username meant "sound" in Tamil. Sathtom. It sounds like "sound'. Lol.

Since you're from Chennai and into music, I thought what an apt and creative username.

Never thought of a Tom Cruise connection. :)

This is a nice thread to browse through :)

My username is taken from the first email ID I created.
My avatar is the Subaru WRX (stick shift) that I owned in San Diego.

Well I am a big fan of Raj Kapurji and Mukeshji. Was a professional singer used to sing old Hindi songs. Hence the user name SRI 420, one of the iconic film of Raj Kapurji with melodious songs of Mukeshji.

sound_cycle is way too descriptive. The other money sink of mine is two wheeled, so it made perfect sense to just conflate it with this hobby. The avatar pic is of course a stoned jelly fish from the 6th muse album, a dead give away as to how my brain "works"

My username refers to a species of spiders that are usually large in size. I chose it to instill fear in the hearts of my opponents playing in video games.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back