FALD Tv price/quote thread

Directly at samsung or at say reliance digital?

Also, I don't think Q80R got the eARC update yet :(

It was available for 1.1 lacs before online as well. You'll have to ask around and bargain. It's out of stock as of now online.

X9500G should be easily available around 1 lac though. People have even got quotes around 96-97k.

Not sure about eARC and why you need it. If you need to send a clean digital signal to your sound system, isn't SPDI-F enough? It's not like you'll be using a 5 lac audio system with a 1 lac TV anyway.

It was available for 1.1 lacs before online as well. You'll have to ask around and bargain. It's out of stock as of now online.

X9500G should be easily available around 1 lac though. People have even got quotes around 96-97k.

Not sure about eARC and why you need it. If you need to send a clean digital signal to your sound system, isn't SPDI-F enough? It's not like you'll be using a 5 lac audio system with a 1 lac TV anyway.
No SPDI-F wouldn't cut it for uncompressed object based audio like Atmos or dTS x.
eArc is a must if you are planning for a good soundbar these days.

Guys wait till diwali there is no point in getting x950G at 1.1 or Q80R for 1.1.you will get their updated version for 10 k more around diwali.Q90T is a better tv than Q80R and 950H is better than 950G.

Buy these tvs only if there is a price difference of 20-30K.whats the point then buying a year old tvs

No SPDI-F wouldn't cut it for uncompressed object based audio like Atmos or dTS x.
eArc is a must if you are planning for a good soundbar these days.

What is the definition of a good sound-system according to you? It definitely ain't a soundbar lol. You can get amazing output over 3.5mm analog jack with a good cable, source and DAC which you won't be able to differentiate even on a Sennheiser HD820. Your audio source and output system matter the most, then your room setup and how you're handling echo and sound pollution, and then there's maybe a slight bit of difference due to your audio cable/format.

Unless you have 2+ lakhs of sound equipment, a completely soundproof and echo resistant room and you are an audio snob, eARC shouldn't matter. Even analog audio is way more than enough with a soundbar, which has mediocre audio anyway.

What's even the point of getting atmos audio if you're not using spatial speakers all over your room(and most importantly behind you) in a 7.1 and 5.1 system? It will produce directional sound anyway and you won't even get close to the result of a good stereo speaker setup.

I use studio monitors which are stereo over analog audio, put on real wood (no MDF or particle-board nonsense). However, I still get way better stereo separation and depth than you can produce from a soundbar.

What are the main incremental features in 9500G v 8500G?

They aren't even comparable. You can see the comparison from rtings here. The X9500G produces over 5 times the contrast, 3 times the brightness and has real local dimming which can produce HDR. Honestly, I wouldn't pay over 50k for X8500G if X9500G is available for 1 lakh. They are that different.

What is the definition of a good sound-system according to you? It definitely ain't a soundbar lol. You can get amazing output over 3.5mm analog jack with a good cable, source and DAC which you won't be able to differentiate even on a Sennheiser HD820. Your audio source and output system matter the most, then your room setup and how you're handling echo and sound pollution, and then there's maybe a slight bit of difference due to your audio cable/format.

Unless you have 2+ lakhs of sound equipment, a completely soundproof and echo resistant room and you are an audio snob, eARC shouldn't matter. Even analog audio is way more than enough with a soundbar, which has mediocre audio anyway.

What's even the point of getting atmos audio if you're not using spatial speakers all over your room(and most importantly behind you) in a 7.1 and 5.1 system? It will produce directional sound anyway and you won't even get close to the result of a good stereo speaker setup.

I use studio monitors which are stereo over analog audio, put on real wood (no MDF or particle-board nonsense). However, I still get way better stereo separation and depth than you can produce from a soundbar.
There are plenty of atmos enabled soundbars for around 1 lakh or less which can use dolby atmos and provide a decent directional experience. So it would be plain wrong to say eARC is useless without a 5 lakh audio setup.

There are plenty of atmos enabled soundbars for around 1 lakh or less which can use dolby atmos and provide a decent directional experience. So it would be plain wrong to say eARC is useless without a 5 lakh audio setup.

That's like saying there are plenty of TVs supporting Dolby Vision for less than 50k. Just because the soundbar supports Atmos doesn't mean anything.

And a soundbar inherently can't play Atmos because it can only provide directional sound coming from the TV to you. To get Atmos you need at least one speaker on top of you, a couple behind you, a couple to the side and a couple next to the TV, along with a subwoofer for the bass. That's why a 7.1 channel setup is so popular so that you can get the sound from behind, side, front and top. There's no way to get spatial sound without spatial separation of speakers.

Another way to get 3D sound is through headphones since they directly plug into your ears and can produce spatial sound through some tweaks and binaural audio source.

Not sure about eARC and why you need it. If you need to send a clean digital signal to your sound system, isn't SPDI-F enough?
My equipment is Atmos enabled, hence eARC is an impartant aspect for me while deciding on a TV. I hope the streaming scenario will improve in an year or 2 and we will get lot of Atmos content and most of it will be streamed as well. However, it is not a must. Hence I mentioned "prefer eARC".

That's like saying there are plenty of TVs supporting Dolby Vision for less than 50k. Just because the soundbar supports Atmos doesn't mean anything.

And a soundbar inherently can't play Atmos because it can only provide directional sound coming from the TV to you. To get Atmos you need at least one speaker on top of you, a couple behind you, a couple to the side and a couple next to the TV, along with a subwoofer for the bass. That's why a 7.1 channel setup is so popular so that you can get the sound from behind, side, front and top. There's no way to get spatial sound without spatial separation of speakers.

Another way to get 3D sound is through headphones since they directly plug into your ears and can produce spatial sound through some tweaks and binaural audio source.
If you read my comment carefully, you will see I mentioned "provide decent directional experience". Bars like Jbl Bar 9.1 or LG SN11RG or Samsung Q90r etc come with dedicated surround/sattelite speakers, upfiring atmos speakers and decent subwoofers to provide a decent surround/atmos experience for people who can not setup a dedicated surround setup for whatever reasons. Yes, I agree that they won't match the quality of a dedicated setup costing twice as much, but dismissing them altogether without even giving them a fair chance is a bold move, I would say. While 50k Dolby Vision TVs are ill equipped to produce Dolby Vision, mid-high end soundbars have come a long way from their early days and can be considered a viable alternative for space constrained setups.

In short, saying eARC is useless, is again a bold statement. Might be useless for your specific case, but not for everyone else.

If you read my comment carefully, you will see I mentioned "provide decent directional experience". Bars like Jbl Bar 9.1 or LG SN11RG or Samsung Q90r etc come with dedicated surround/sattelite speakers, upfiring atmos speakers and decent subwoofers to provide a decent surround/atmos experience for people who can not setup a dedicated surround setup for whatever reasons. Yes, I agree that they won't match the quality of a dedicated setup costing twice as much, but dismissing them altogether without even giving them a fair chance is a bold move, I would say. While 50k Dolby Vision TVs are ill equipped to produce Dolby Vision, mid-high end soundbars have come a long way from their early days and can be considered a viable alternative for space constrained setups.

In short, saying eARC is useless, is again a bold statement. Might be useless for your specific case, but not for everyone else.

I'm not saying they are bad speakers. In fact, the Samsung one is an amazing system for the money. What I'm saying is that they are good speakers on their own merit and not because they are atmos. For example, my OnePlus 7 pro has dolby atmos FFS. My 1000 rupee Boat speaker I use for bathroom music still beats it while playing compressed MP3.

Again, Dolby Atmos truly shines when you're playing it on a surround sound setup. If you have a soundbar, no matter how good of a quality it will still not benefit on DTS x v/s playing OPUS or FLAC or regular 5.1/7.1 channel audio. It will still make amazing sound, but atmos or eARC won't make much of a difference.

Last edited:
Again, Dolby Atmos truly shines when you're playing it on a surround sound setup.
While this is a good generalization, you cannot assume that a buyer of 1L TV will not tag it to a surround sound setup. In fact, I currently own a TV worth 40k and still run the audio from OTT content thru my AVR, most of the time.

Again, Dolby Atmos truly shines when you're playing it on a surround sound setup. If you have a soundbar, no matter how good of a quality it will still not benefit on DTS x v/s playing OPUS or FLAC or regular 5.1/7.1 channel audio. It will still make amazing sound, but atmos or eARC won't make much of a difference.

Have you heard or had a demo of any of the sound bars I mentioned? If you have and still you think there is no difference in the experience with/without atmos/surround input then I don't know what else to say.

Comparing phone speakers to high end atmos sound bars, I am speechless here.

Comparing phone speakers to high end atmos sound bars, I am speechless here.

Taking it out of context, are we. What I said was the phone is atmos certified and can play atmos audio, and it still sounds like crap compared to MP3 on a cheap speaker. Atmos is just a way to encode spatial audio. If your speakers aren't arranged spatially, it can't do much and will sound the same.

Have you heard or had a demo of any of the sound bars I mentioned? If you have and still you think there is no difference in the experience with/without atmos/surround input then I don't know what else to say.

I'm not saying surround sound won't make a difference but surround sound can even be passed through SPDI-F. I'm saying you won't get any difference from slightly compressed surround sound via SPDI-F v/s full bandwidth since these speakers won't be able to resolve that much.

While this is a good generalization, you cannot assume that a buyer of 1L TV will not tag it to a surround sound setup. In fact, I currently own a TV worth 40k and still run the audio from OTT content thru my AVR, most of the time.

Surround sound can still be passed through SPDI-F completely uncompressed via DTS. Only DTS HD you won't be able to stream and will be streamed at CD quality, which is still extremely high.

Also, almost all TVs have ARC (not eARC) which can pass through DTS HD and True HD too as well as 5.1 Dolby Atmos. The only difference between that and eARC is 7.1 uncompressed support.

Last edited:
Taking it out of context, are we. What I said was the phone is atmos certified and can play atmos audio, and it still sounds like crap compared to MP3 on a cheap speaker. Atmos is just a way to encode spatial audio. If your speakers aren't arranged spatially, it can't do much and will sound the same.

I'm not saying surround sound won't make a difference but surround sound can even be passed through SPDI-F. I'm saying you won't get any difference from slightly compressed surround sound via SPDI-F v/s full bandwidth since these speakers won't be able to resolve that much.
Well, never even once i said anything about Atmos Certification. I am repeating these words again, for your benefit "soundbars like Jbl Bar 9.1, Lg SN11RG, Q90r etc do provide decent directional experience" including height channels (which is not possible with a pure 5.1 setup).

Another reason to use HDMI as the preferred choice of connection is ease of use via CEC. So again, it might not matter to you personally but there are hundred of use cases out there. So throwing a generic statement like "eARC is useless" is a very bold statement, no matter how much you justify it.

Peace!

"soundbars like Jbl Bar 9.1, Lg SN11RG, Q90r etc do provide decent directional experience" including height channels (which is not possible with a pure 5.1 setup)

WTF! A 5.1 channel setup is inherently directional. You can set up 2 speakers behind yourself and 2 to side of the TV with one in the middle. While these do have more channels and height, they still won't be able to provide audio from behind you at all.

And again, Q90R isn't even available in India and you aren't going to buy 80k-1 lac soundbar with a 1 lac TV.

Another reason to use HDMI as the preferred choice of connection is ease of use via CEC. So again, it might not matter to you personally but there are hundred of use cases out there. So throwing a generic statement like "eARC is useless" is a very bold statement, no matter how much you justify it.

I never said eARC is useless. In fact it's a must if you have a pure 7.1 channel system. But you still get ARC with regular TVs which can do everything except DTS HD uncompressed at 7.1 channel. That is, you can still do DTS HD compressed 7.1 or DTS 7.1 uncompressed or anything below.

Even if you buy 1 lac soundbar with a 1 lac TV you won't notice difference between compressed and uncompressed audio if it's 1 Mbps in bandwidth like ARC at all. Heck even the 380 Kbps of SPDI-F is enough.

A lot of tests have shown that well mastered audio beyond 320 Kbps is placebo anyway. Anyway, if you own these soundbars, please go for an eARC TV. You can have your spatial 3D sound which sounds so much better over eARC.

I have always wanted to buy CX but yesterday the store guy quoted 1.59L for the same. This is the first time I am spending such a large amount of money on electronics hence I am scared about the burn-in issue plus it is way over the budget. I would want the TV to last at least 5-6 years

It was 1.5XL for the 65 Inch. This quote was from Phoenix mall, Whitefield.
ok, even I'm in search of 65'' ,waiting for the Bank Offers, if I enquire I too will update

WTF! A 5.1 channel setup is inherently directional. You can set up 2 speakers behind yourself and 2 to side of the TV with one in the middle. While these do have more channels and height, they still won't be able to provide audio from behind you at all.

And again, Q90R isn't even available in India and you aren't going to buy 80k-1 lac soundbar with a 1 lac TV.

I never said eARC is useless. In fact it's a must if you have a pure 7.1 channel system. But you still get ARC with regular TVs which can do everything except DTS HD uncompressed at 7.1 channel. That is, you can still do DTS HD compressed 7.1 or DTS 7.1 uncompressed or anything below.

Even if you buy 1 lac soundbar with a 1 lac TV you won't notice difference between compressed and uncompressed audio if it's 1 Mbps in bandwidth like ARC at all. Heck even the 380 Kbps of SPDI-F is enough.

A lot of tests have shown that well mastered audio beyond 320 Kbps is placebo anyway. Anyway, if you own these soundbars, please go for an eARC TV. You can have your spatial 3D sound which sounds so much better over eARC.
Please do me a favor and checkout the soundbars I mentioned or read my comment again. All of them come with 2 surround/satellite speakers which I can put behind me for a 5.1 setup. Plus they have up firing dedicated atmos speakers to provide the height channels.

I don't want to comment on the rest of your reply as it's too presumptious and I see no sound logic there.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back