Favourite speakers under INR 20k

I have bose 201, and they are not good. I pair them with marantz but it seem more like noise than music!!

Totally agree with Vishug. Recently we also had a chance to listen to the 301s (fm Mubeen's) at the Pune meet and they are equally bad if not worse. We tried pairing it with decent amplification as well, but to no avail. And this is not just a personal opinion, they were unanimously voted trash by everyone. :p

Hi guys.

Need some advice.

I just bought a used Onkyo tx sr505 to kick.start my home theatre kit.

I plan to stagger my purchases for speaker pairs over time and so they have to eventually sound well together. Music use will be 70% and movies 30%. Mostly listen to floyd, knopfler. Tom petty, led zep etc. I need to start buying as below with a budget of rs approx 20,000 each time

1. Front pair
2. Woofer & Centre
3. Surround pair

I would initially use the system only to listen to music. Would love floor standers but dont have space. So I would need to restrict to bookshelves.

Please recommend the best sounding speakers in my budget.

Thanks guys for the help.

Nakul
(mumbai)

Nakul,

Congrats on your AVR! I have a similar one, sr506. I was using it with Mission m33i floorstanders.
These recievers usually have a slight v shaped signature, punchy bass and extra crisp treble( not too hot/harsh though). So try to get bookshelves with pretty good mid range.
Also imho, as far as HT goes the meat of the presentation depends on a good centre and sub woofer. So whatever you choose, see to it that you can get a matching centre for an affordable price.

Hi guys.

Need some advice.

I just bought a used Onkyo tx sr505 to kick.start my home theatre kit.

I plan to stagger my purchases for speaker pairs over time and so they have to eventually sound well together. Music use will be 70% and movies 30%. Mostly listen to floyd, knopfler. Tom petty, led zep etc. I need to start buying as below with a budget of rs approx 20,000 each time

1. Front pair
2. Woofer & Centre
3. Surround pair

I would initially use the system only to listen to music. Would love floor standers but dont have space. So I would need to restrict to bookshelves.

Please recommend the best sounding speakers in my budget.

Thanks guys for the help.

Nakul
(mumbai)
Hi Nakul congrats :clapping:
Can you please tell us where did you buy Onkyo tx sr505 and at what price
Thanks
-Alok

Thanks iaudio and afj.

The floorstanders are tough as I have issues positioning them and giving them adequate breathing space. So I will have to go in the direction of bookshelf speakers.

Im not to sure about the bose 301's as I see too many extreme viewpoints in some of the posts above.

Thanks iaudio and afj.

The floorstanders are tough as I have issues positioning them and giving them adequate breathing space. So I will have to go in the direction of bookshelf speakers.

Im not to sure about the bose 301's as I see too many extreme viewpoints in some of the posts above.

All suggestions are our opinions. It's for you to audition and finally decide. Don't go in blind. Or in this case deaf:)

Afj...thats my biggest problem.i love my music but have been listening to mediocre systems all my life.. I auditioned ready systems with pioneer and jbl at reliance digital and mission and yamaha at vijay sales. They all sounded superb. I am truly deaf :D .. That precisely why I need advice from this forum..

Thanks

Afj...thats my biggest problem.i love my music but have been listening to mediocre systems all my life.. I auditioned ready systems with pioneer and jbl at reliance digital and mission and yamaha at vijay sales. They all sounded superb. I am truly deaf :D .. That precisely why I need advice from this forum..

Thanks

Nakul, I can identify with you. I love my music (as you say :) ) too, and all my life I have been listening to active computer speakers, spent money on sound cards and different speakers and tweaks. Very soon there will be my first tiny baby step into the world of quality audio, or so I am hoping.
I have been looking at systems, trying and trying more to discern one from the other, I can say I am getting there and comfortable now with my approach. Keep listening I would say, listen the same setup more than once with an interval of a few days, and in that interval listen some more different setups. You will know the difference and what you want will be very clear. This has been my experience.
Perhaps we will walk into the realm of quality audio together and share our experiences!

Pioneer SP-BS41LR they are far exceed their asking price of 12k.
I personally feel they rock. I'd pick them over a Wharf 9.1 /10.1. Better dynamics and slam. Was good enough to fill a 400 sqft room when we heard them in Pune. It had enough of bass slam. And they were placed well clear of walls - A good 4-5 feet from the rear walls and probably 6 - 8 feet from side walls .
It says a lot about the drivers being used as well as the designer

Dear Friends,

I am planning to buy speakers in the range of 10k to 15k, They will be paired with Topping Amp time being, if for some reason i am not happy with topping amp then i will upgrade the amp in next 6 months or so.

Time being i have short listed Cambridge Audio S30, infact i was going to buy next week from Bangalore. Do you feel this pioneer speaker is a better deal than CA S30 considering i may upgrade the amp in 6 months to 1 year time frame.

Please help.

Regards, Amit

I just saw that the Fluance speakers are coming to around 14k with the coupon code "ILOVEINDIA" shipped to India on shopyourworld.com. But not sure whether there are any other charges included in the same.

Edit: Looks like a good option but looking at the price it is going in amazon.com for around $100 the shopyourworld price looks very high but I think the shipping/customs and other charges pack up to this rate might be.
Thanks

I have listened to the Paradigm Atom Monitor v7 yesterday.. must say they are compact & absolutely superb. Strongly suggested for small/medium living areas or large bedrooms.. price around 19k.

I have listened to the Paradigm Atom Monitor v7 yesterday.. must say they are compact & absolutely superb. Strongly suggested for small/medium living areas or large bedrooms.. price around 19k.

Where can they be auditioned in NCR?
Also which amp they pair best with?

Have been looking around for decent pair of bookshelf speakers to pair with my Yamaha AS500. Currently running the AS500 with the MA M4 floor standers. With a sub 20k budget what do you guys recommend to pair with the AS500 ?

Dear Friends,
Time being i have short listed Cambridge Audio S30, infact i was going to buy next week from Bangalore. Do you feel this pioneer speaker is a better deal than CA S30 considering i may upgrade the amp in 6 months to 1 year time frame.
Regards, Amit

For music ,I will vote S30 for balanced sound.Some may ind that fine details are missing,but when we compared it with pioneer,I found pioneer as very warm with thick Bass.S30 was sounding open & Bass is natural.Vocals are better with S30.
If you pair it with a bit bright amp,you can get better details.
Post 372-
http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/31248-hfv-pune-meet-38.html
Post 38-
http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/16258-post-your-av-audition-demo-here-4.html

For music ,I will vote S30 for balanced sound.Some may ind that fine details are missing,but when we compared it with pioneer,I found pioneer as very warm with thick Bass.S30 was sounding open & Bass is natural.Vocals are better with S30.
If you pair it with a bit bright amp,you can get better details.
Post 372-
http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/31248-hfv-pune-meet-38.html
Post 38-
http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/16258-post-your-av-audition-demo-here-4.html

Thanks a lot Spirovious for your help.

Regards, Amit

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back