FE103En FR Backloaded horn type

i want to kno if anybody has done this before. i heard that woodwork for such backloaded horn type enclouser will be complex. i hav following doubts.
what precautions i need to take and what wood material is suitable?
what kind of amp and how much power is required to drive these full range drivers?
FE103en are enough for a small room (8' x 10') or should i go for other 6" to 8" models?
and most importantly i hav a strict budget of 15k

thanks
pranam

I dont think the budget will be an issue if you have the drivers, if not then you will not be able to meet the budget. I built a Mass loaded Transmission line speaker system of similar dimensions about 2 years ago using MDF, the material and labour cost me about 16K. Additional hardware was terminals and an inductor. The MLTL design was a bit less complex, but I spent a bit of extra money on the plans and the Bison board to dampen the enclosure, I suspect you can meet the budget with some proper planning. Most important-do you have the drivers in hand?

I dont think the budget will be an issue if you have the drivers, if not then you will not be able to meet the budget. I built a Mass loaded Transmission line speaker system of similar dimensions about 2 years ago using MDF, the material and labour cost me about 16K. Additional hardware was terminals and an inductor. The MLTL design was a bit less complex, but I spent a bit of extra money on the plans and the Bison board to dampen the enclosure, I suspect you can meet the budget with some proper planning. Most important-do you have the drivers in hand?

nop. i dont hav any drivers in hand. considering to purchase from madisound. also i came across audio nirvana drivers ( CommonSense Audio ). drivers are going to cost me almost 12k. so i am planning to extend my budget or initially will go for simple bass reflex design. from where did u got the drivers?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back