feedback reqd on denon intergated stereo amps

The PMA2000 is a truly special amp, does many things right. Not much of a fan of the 1500 or the 500, the 700 is not too bad. Overall I find the denon amps have a very warm sound signature, and perform best when cranked hard. Not the best at detail retrieval, but a pretty smooth 'listen-all-day' kind of sound.

+1 to that cranky.have heard the setup of a close friend who runs a marantz cdp(forget model no,damn!) with a denon pma2000 through jamo d590 speakers.was my first real listen to great equipment.stunning to say the least.cheers

sure rallynut and cranky
im using the denon pma2000ivr with denon dcd700ae cd player and a pair of definitive technology bipolars bp700ae with qed cables and interconnects and once you get the speaker placement correct, the sound is in many ways better than my friend's nad c370/focal 826v combination. The denon is a clean but detailed amp and rivals the nads and marantzs any day.
cheers

I don't own Denon though I have listened to a number of those as well as other Japanese brands and British ones. Based on a rather growing following of Norge on this forum, I have auditioned one over the past month along with other amps. I have to say that its performance is average when compared to the likes of NAD, Rega, Naim, etc.

As you note below, it is comprable to the likes of Sanyo, Pioneer, or Onkyo and other mass merchandised lines. yes it offers excellent VFM but not comparable to the mid-fi brands like Rega or Naim yet.

This might upset fans of Denon & various other Jap made amplifier lovers but our home grown names such as Norge, Sonodyne & Pulz have reached the sound quality levels that can easily rival some makes/models of Jap/Brit made amplifiers. The finish should not be compared but a perfect example of superb build & sound quality is the Sonodyne Pre-Power Combo.

I am saying this cause I now own a Pulz & I have come from a back ground of old school Akai, Technics, Rotel, Yamaha & Sony amplifiers & this technology has not changed all that much other than the introduction of Digital Class amplifiers.

Denon makes great stuff so go ahead & buy it. However I do feel you can get a few more watts of power for a wee lesser money with other makes of stereo amplifiers

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back