FiiO D3 - What to expect

dips0502

I have the Topping TP 20 driving a pair of Usher S-520. I currently do not have a dedicated DAC. I play music mostly through the 3.5 mm analog out from my smart phone. It becomes reasonably audible when the volume knob is between the 12 and 3. That is ok with me.

However, I want to use this with the Asus O-Play HD2 media player. The RCA out from it is fed into the TP 20, but then it seems the TP 20 struggles to drive the speakers. The volume from the speakers is faint when compared to what I get if I play music from the smartphone. Will a better DAC solve my problem?

I am currently not in a position to spend too much on a DAC, but I can spend some money on the FiiO D3. Will the FiiO D3 do the job I want from it? T

Does your media player have Digital out? (It can be in the form of USB/Coax/Optical)
If you have a digital out then yes , you can connect an external DAC. Get something better than D3/D5 as they are terrible.

Yes. The media player does have a Digital Out. S/PDIF Out (Coaxial + Optical). What would you recommend in under 5k?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back