Final decision-help required

Umsanghvi

Hey guys i am relatively new to the world of audio systems and dont know much.
i am planning to get a HT system for my residence and after auditioning many brands have decided to go with one of these two choices:

1)
Denon 1610 AV receiver
9 .00 Wharfadale 5.1 9.0 Diamond series book shelf solution(5.1)

or:

2)
Yamaha RX V365 receiver
Sonodyne Sonus V2 series(the whole 5.1 set)

pls tell me which is the best buy.
looking forward to help from all gurus here.

Hi,

I am no guru but i will tell you this. Your first choice looks better.You may also look at the entry level Marantz AVR too.

If you want to still go with Sonodyne speakers you may take a look at their entry level AVR AV 300R. Guys from India on another forum had some very good words about this AVR. May match well with the sonodyne speakers too. But whatever you do, please do get an audition before deciding.

Home Audio > AV Series

Happy Hunting!

Cheers,
sri

Last edited:
If you can give your budget and preferences (movie/Music), people in the forum can give you more choices unless one has to choose between the two.

Denon + Wharfs

Hey guys i am relatively new to the world of audio systems and dont know much.
i am planning to get a HT system for my residence and after auditioning many brands have decided to go with one of these two choices:

1)
Denon 1610 AV receiver
9 .00 Wharfadale 5.1 9.0 Diamond series book shelf solution(5.1)

or:

2)
Yamaha RX V365 receiver
Sonodyne Sonus V2 series(the whole 5.1 set)

pls tell me which is the best buy.
looking forward to help from all gurus here.

If you can give your budget and preferences (movie/Music), people in the forum can give you more choices unless one has to choose between the two.

my budget is around 90k. what are the other choices i can play with?
i will be using them mainly for movies and more of hindi music and some english.
no much of heavy metal and stuff..
i want the dialogues in movies to be clear and audible.many speakers fail to satisfy that..

Last edited:
90 K is a good budget.

I would suggest that you get either the Denon 1610 (aprox Rs 25K) or 1910 (aprox Rs 40K). Both are excellent and you can buy either without any concerns.

Speakers have a bigger impact on the sound, and speaker choice is more subjective. Suggest that you spend time auditioning different speakers. You will get a lot of suggestions on this forum. An easy way to start is to go to ProFX and audition the Denon with Polk speakers (RTi series) and KEF speakers (IQ series).

I have the Denon 1910 with Polk RTi speakers, and am very happy with the setup.

If you don't have a lot of time for auditions, go with yr original selection of Denon + Wharfedale. Its an excellent combo. How much are you getting it for ?

Last edited:
With a 90k budget you can do a lot.

Source - Are you going to play rips, dvds or bd? Depending upon the options, the player may need an upgrade.

AVR - Denon 1610/1910 or Yamaha 663/863 depending upon need for upscaling. Check the specifications to see what makes sense for you. For example, if music is primarily via ipod then choose models which work with a dock. Check out the HDMI capabilities (passthru/decoding...) will help in the medium term if you are not already playing HD content. Marantz and Onkyo are the other popular options. Budget around 25-30k

Speakers - 50-60k - Check the price thread under speakers for prices.
Q Acoustics 1010i bundle is around 45k, Wharfedale - 9.2 bundle with Sw150 should also be in the same price range.
There are many more options like the Polk and Jamo which are popular.

Interconnects - 5k

It pays to be patient and carefully choosing the components.

for the wharf setup stated in the first post the quotation given to me is 27k for the 1610 denon and 75k for the 9.1 wharfs setup.
is it good enough?is there any place in bangalore where i can find it for cheaper?
and i will also check out the Q acoustic models recommended by everyone.

27k for Denon 1610 is ok.

Someone else will need to guide you on the pricing for the Wharfs.

Following Wharf package is offered @ 49k and after discount @ 43k at Mulund, Mumbai:

Pair of Diamond 9.1, Diamond 9 cc (Center), Diamond 9.0 Surrounds + Wharf 100 W SW or Jamo 200 W Sub-woofer.

You need to do lot of bargain as prices are almost similiar in BLR or MUM.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back