Finally a Dedicated Media Room

$11995, at launch. $6995 for the base version.
Well, the base version will do much worse upscaling than MadVR on my PC and cost over 3x as much (plus shipping and 40+% import duty in India). As much as I want to upscale YouTube and Netflix, I just don't feel like it makes any sense. The extreme is the only one worth even considering since it comes with an RTX 3080, HDMI 2.1 and actually maxes out all the processing.

My thinking is like this: If you do make 8-figures a year, just go for the extreme. If you don't, an HTPC with MadVR will do a lot more for a lot less money than the base version.

I am using laptop cooler on top of my denon x1500h, it cools great, fan is silent, i was skeptical about using laptop cooler but it works great and cost only 650rs.

Flipkart SmartBuy FKCPK17 2 Fan Cooling Pad
You can also separate both fans from the metal pad and stick on the top of AVR directly.
Metal pad is only for providing the flat surface for laptop.

Well, the base version will do much worse upscaling than MadVR on my PC and cost over 3x as much (plus shipping and 40+% import duty in India). As much as I want to upscale YouTube and Netflix, I just don't feel like it makes any sense. The extreme is the only one worth even considering since it comes with an RTX 3080, HDMI 2.1 and actually maxes out all the processing.

My thinking is like this: If you do make 8-figures a year, just go for the extreme. If you don't, an HTPC with MadVR will do a lot more for a lot less money than the base version.
Makes sense. I have madvr in my htpc.

Well, the base version will do much worse upscaling than MadVR on my PC and cost over 3x as much (plus shipping and 40+% import duty in India).

The Envy isn't really targeted at the "HTPC as main source" user base.

As much as I want to upscale YouTube and Netflix, I just don't feel like it makes any sense. The extreme is the only one worth even considering since it comes with an RTX 3080, HDMI 2.1 and actually maxes out all the processing.

A significant portion of the value of the Envy is in the DTM for HDR, for all sources. If you don't have a native JVC 4K, you're probably looking at an Envy/Lumagen for that.

HST, I also believe that the Extreme represents the better value proposition of the two models. Especially if you have a JVC NX series projector.

As you go higher in spending money on something, the law of diminishing returns kicks in.
Just for example, the NX 5 and the NX 7. Both excellent projectors. The NX 7 has a color filter, double the native contrast, extra Iris and is a 100 lumen brighter projector than the NX 5. These are most notable differences in theory between the two. How much performance difference can you see on the screen, in real world ? Probably not so much. Atleast not the 2 lakh worth price difference between the two. The differences, for sure are there, and you can make them out in a completely blacked out black velvet room.

At 12k $ and at 6-7k$ the Extreme and the Lumagen are a complete Joke. Absolutely not VFM. But if one has surplus money or has unused money lying around then why not ? Instead of DTM im more interested in the Non Linear Stretching which the Lumagen does with ease, and im sure the Envy does it too and im ready to pay the price of Lumagen for that in near future.
But is it VFM ? Absolutely not, but there's no option.

Last edited:
Hello Guys, Looks like both ps5 and xbox series X dont support 4k Blu ray dolby vision as i read in few articles and seen HDTV Test youtube video for confirmation. So i am thinking to go with blu ray player. Is panasonic UB820 player available in india, or is anyone using 4k blu ray players in there setups if so what you are using, please let me know guys.
Hello All, Finally purchased a Sony UBP X700 blu-ray player, as there is no other option. Played The Matrix(Dolby Vision) looked fantastic on my LG CX 65.

Hello All, Finally purchased a Sony UBP X700 blu-ray player, as there is no other option. Played The Matrix(Dolby Vision) looked fantastic on my LG CX 65.
I think the ubp700 has a bug. When DV is enabled it plays everything in DV. Try playing a 1080p content through HD and check. May be it’s fixed now

I think the ubp700 has a bug. When DV is enabled it plays everything in DV. Try playing a 1080p content through HD and check. May be it’s fixed now
Hey Yes. But same thing was tested by one of the member in reddit, where he posted the pics after testing all types of content. Picture looked as the original content so no problem. But i did not tested but will check anyway and post my comments here, thanks.

meanwhile check his pic :

Testing DV On/Off with Sony UBP-X700 - Imgur

Hey Yes. But same thing was tested by one of the member in reddit, where he posted the pics after testing all types of content. Picture looked as the original content so no problem. But i did not tested but will check anyway and post my comments here, thanks.

meanwhile check his pic :

Testing DV On/Off with Sony UBP-X700 - Imgur
Ok if it looks like original content it’s fine. I didn’t dive deep in to this as I got it for a different purpose. As far as I remember I played one 1080p video and it seemed enhanced. Not sure though so you check from ur end and confirm

Ok if it looks like original content it’s fine. I didn’t dive deep in to this as I got it for a different purpose. As far as I remember I played one 1080p video and it seemed enhanced. Not sure though so you check from ur end and confirm
hey yesterday i checked with avatar blu ray,
Here it is :- First i set dolby vision output to ON.

When i pressed display button on x700 remote, it showed as HDR, when i turned it off it showed SDR. But strange thing is when i checked settings picture mode in LG CX OLED it showed Dolby Vision Picture Mode with dolby vision output to ON on x700 player. So here itself is not consistent in information.

Now comparing before and after dolby vision output on/off, I dont see day and night difference. But i see just a brightness increase with dolby vision on(cant be confident in this as my eyes may fooling me), but colors looked original without altering original content. But as i checked with back and forth by going back to menu in x700 turning dolby vision output on/off, it is only worth checking by comparing side by side. Because my testing cant be deciding factor to keep it on always if you also play non-dolby vision discs.

However i only purchased x700 to play Dolby Vision discs, because anyhow i rip HDR10 blurays to my PC hard drive and will play from PC.

So here for my usecase i will keep it ON always. As i dont watch normal bluray from x700 as i have a PC already.

Note:- we can rip dolby vision content into an mkv as is using Makemkv software, but the problem is only nvidia shield can play dolbyvision through mkv, so rightnow "madvr" with MPC-HC does not support mkv dolby vision playback from PC.

hey yesterday i checked with avatar blu ray,
Here it is :- First i set dolby vision output to ON.

When i pressed display button on x700 remote, it showed as HDR, when i turned it off it showed SDR. But strange thing is when i checked settings picture mode in LG CX OLED it showed Dolby Vision Picture Mode with dolby vision output to ON on x700 player. So here itself is not consistent in information.

Now comparing before and after dolby vision output on/off, I dont see day and night difference. But i see just a brightness increase with dolby vision on(cant be confident in this as my eyes may fooling me), but colors looked original without altering original content. But as i checked with back and forth by going back to menu in x700 turning dolby vision output on/off, it is only worth checking by comparing side by side. Because my testing cant be deciding factor to keep it on always if you also play non-dolby vision discs.

However i only purchased x700 to play Dolby Vision discs, because anyhow i rip HDR10 blurays to my PC hard drive and will play from PC.

So here for my usecase i will keep it ON always. As i dont watch normal bluray from x700 as i have a PC already.

Note:- we can rip dolby vision content into an mkv as is using Makemkv software, but the problem is only nvidia shield can play dolbyvision through mkv, so rightnow "madvr" with MPC-HC does not support mkv dolby vision playback from PC.
Shield play DV only in Netflix. No clue on amazon. Through usb it won’t through kodi, vlc etc. I even tried playing the DV demo disc through usb in c9 and it played it as HDR and not DV

Shield play DV only in Netflix. No clue on amazon. Through usb it won’t through kodi, vlc etc. I even tried playing the DV demo disc through usb in c9 and it played it as HDR and not DV
Sorry I meant plex in shield will play Dolby Vision from mkv, once please check and confirm, I heard latest shield will play that.

Good to see UMIK 1 in the gears :)
It's unavoidable for everyone who is aiming to improvise setup based on measurements and don't rely only on ears
Hi, i just observed your signature, you mentioned you are using two different subwoofers PB2000 pro and PB1000, you able to get flat response with minidsp can you show your graph please, i read lot of articles suggesting two identical subwoofers, in your case it is mixed. Also for how much price you got xpa 5 amp and from where ?

Hi, i just observed your signature, you mentioned you are using two different subwoofers PB2000 pro and PB1000, you able to get flat response with minidsp can you show your graph please, i read lot of articles suggesting two identical subwoofers, in your case it is mixed. Also for how much price you got xpa 5 amp and from where ?
Hi,
MiniDSP 2X4 HD definitely helped to integrate the two subs really well.
In terms of loudness, I was able to gain about 2db by adding second sub (this is measured). The second sub has helped a great deal taking care of some nulls as well around my crossover.

I did a gain and level match while setting up EQ on the MiniDSP and therefore both subs are giving almost same efforts.

Since I had UMIK 1, I could set frequency response for subs positioning and I did find out the better location for the subs in my Room to create a more room filling and tight bass. Infact, the tool in REW to integrate the Subs with Mains is also amazing.

The cumulative impact of all this made me feel that even if I had bought second sub as PB 1000, I would have got same impact (may be I might have missed 17-18 hz tactile impact).

I have been posting lot of FR graphs in one of the threads I started for UMIK 1, I will URL share here also.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back