Finally a Dedicated Media Room

Hello Guys, is there a way to keep AVR cool, I have Split AC in room, but is that enough to keep the AVR cool or do I need to take cooling fans to keep on top of AVR, if so please suggest few cooling fans.

Hello Guys, is there a way to keep AVR cool, I have Split AC in room, but is that enough to keep the AVR cool or do I need to take cooling fans to keep on top of AVR, if so please suggest few cooling fans.
If avr is kept in open it will have enough ventilation. But if you are going to keep it in a closed rack, cooling fans is a must. I got dual Ac infinity usb fans and it’s performance is so good that I have ordered another pair. Only downside is it costs thrice.

If avr is kept in open it will have enough ventilation. But if you are going to keep it in a closed rack, cooling fans is a must. I got dual Ac infinity usb fans and it’s performance is so good that I have ordered another pair. Only downside is it costs thrice.
There is 6 inches gap on top of avr. Please post pics of what you have purchased. And it’s price please

There is 6 inches gap on top of avr. Please post pics of what you have purchased. And it’s price please
Having gap on top doesn’t matter. What matters is if it is kept open or in a closed rack. Mine also has 5-6 inches gap and back side is completely open. But 4500 heats up big time. But 2600 shouldn’t heat up much as compared to the 4500 so you can Just get a pair which should be more then enough and will cost you 3k. Actual cost is just 1k but it’s shipped from us. Refer below where I have attached images.

AC Infinity MULTIFAN S5 Quiet Dual 80mm USB Fan for Receiver DVR Playstation Xbox Computer Cabinet Cooling

Attachments

• A75D5124-71C4-4C03-BF95-8C3D17CA3A20.jpeg
    A75D5124-71C4-4C03-BF95-8C3D17CA3A20.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 743FDC7E-F547-481E-83CC-89D054CFD00A.jpeg
    743FDC7E-F547-481E-83CC-89D054CFD00A.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 113
Hello Guys, Late update, LG CX has a broken panel inside when LG person unboxed it. So it will be replaced soon, after that will post pics of that.

I have the 3600 in a cupboard closed on all 4 sides with a gap of 3in on top and back, 6in on either side .I keep the front doors of this cupboard open when the AVR is on. Apart from this, no other precautions are taken. So far, the AVR is ok in Hyd weather, sometimes we run it continuosly for 5..6hr. It gets a little hot though. You can wait till summer and see if you will need any USB fans etc.

Hello Guys, 90 percent complete.

Setup looks promising. One question regarding the design of the cabinet. Any reason for not covering the front with glass? Except off course the enclosure for centre speaker. It would ensure that equipment remains dust free. Can you throw some light on your considerations for designing the cabinet?

Setup looks promising. One question regarding the design of the cabinet. Any reason for not covering the front with glass? Except off course the enclosure for centre speaker. It would ensure that equipment remains dust free. Can you throw some light on your considerations for designing the cabinet?
I never thought of covering front portion. Just wanted to access everything easily.

Great congrats. Acoustic yet to be done (asking since this is dedicated media room)?
Ya it’s a dedicated room. But the furniture, sofas, and the boxes behind the sofas and floor carpet has avoided complete echo. So just for looks purpose need to add any sheets or foams further. But sounds awesome that setup.

Hello Guys, Looks like both ps5 and xbox series X dont support 4k Blu ray dolby vision as i read in few articles and seen HDTV Test youtube video for confirmation. So i am thinking to go with blu ray player. Is panasonic UB820 player available in india, or is anyone using 4k blu ray players in there setups if so what you are using, please let me know guys.

Hello Guys, Looks like both ps5 and xbox series X dont support 4k Blu ray dolby vision as i read in few articles and seen HDTV Test youtube video for confirmation. So i am thinking to go with blu ray player. Is panasonic UB820 player available in india, or is anyone using 4k blu ray players in there setups if so what you are using, please let me know guys.
You may want to get a BD drive and rip the discs to harddrive. A shield or any other box can drive your movies from the hard drive. Think if this approach works for you rather than a BD player.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back