FIRE TV 4K dolby atmos

annapl

i have a fire tv 4k connected to my yamaha rx-a3060 and its connected to benq full hd projector
the problem is im unable to get dolby atmos stream any help guys?

For Atmos to work in Prime, please follow the steps below,

1. HDCP 2.2 and above
2. 4k video
3. 20Mbps or higher internet speed
4. Receiver supports Atmos
5. FireTV stick connected to Receiver

Ensure Atmos is available in the content by checking in the internet. Everyone thinks Jack Ryan is in Atmos but it is not. Tomorrow war has Atmos.

Once above criteria satisfied, you need to use hamburger menu to change audio options and Atmos will be available.

Receiver will not show Atmos but you can hear the difference if you switch between DD+ and Atmos.

Alternatively, connect FTV4k to your TV and enable ARC. In my LG TV, I set it as not passthrough but AUTO. Voila, Receiver is showing Atmos.

It worked for me!

Netflix supports only Dolby Vison and does not support Atmos due to OS is bit old in FTV4k. Netflix supports Atmos in FTV Cube.

I use Netflix in LG to get Atmos.

4K Firestick connected to Marantz 7010 shows Atmos in receiver for Tomorrow War o Amazon Prime.

4K Firestick connected to Marantz 7010 shows Atmos in receiver for Tomorrow War o Amazon Prime.
What is amp config and speaker layout in Marantz settings? Yamaha also need proper settings so that firetv will send atmos signal.

What is amp config and speaker layout in Marantz settings? Yamaha also need proper settings so that firetv will send atmos signal.
Mine 5.1 in Yamaha. My confusion is FTV connected to LG shows Atmos. But if I connect directly to Yamaha, it does not show in display panel.

So I assumed FTV doesn't really check speaker configuration to pass Atmos.

I also tried sending sound to LG in FTV settings and use ARC to send it back to Yamaha. It still shows DD+.

For Atmos to work in Prime, please follow the steps below,

1. HDCP 2.2 and above
2. 4k video
3. 20Mbps or higher internet speed
4. Receiver supports Atmos
5. FireTV stick connected to Receiver

Ensure Atmos is available in the content by checking in the internet. Everyone thinks Jack Ryan is in Atmos but it is not. Tomorrow war has Atmos.

Once above criteria satisfied, you need to use hamburger menu to change audio options and Atmos will be available.

Receiver will not show Atmos but you can hear the difference if you switch between DD+ and Atmos.

Alternatively, connect FTV4k to your TV and enable ARC. In my LG TV, I set it as not passthrough but AUTO. Voila, Receiver is showing Atmos.

It worked for me!

Netflix supports only Dolby Vison and does not support Atmos due to OS is bit old in FTV4k. Netflix supports Atmos in FTV Cube.

I use Netflix in LG to get Atmos.
all criteria reached but i think the display should be 4k hdr to enable atmos streams

Are you certain, I don't see that it outputs ATMOS.. it converts everything into DD+, and that tbh is utter garbage.
Only in a 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 or 7.1.4 amp layout your avr will decode atmos. I am assuming you have a 5.1 set up since you are getting dd+

I have MI TV 75", which has the capability to output atmos. However I didnt get atmos in the first try, and had to learn the tips the hard way. Here are few pointers, which maybe helpful

Ensure you have enabled atmos option in your receiver
You should have atmos speakers connected :)
The cable from your source to receiver should not be too long, try to limit it within 8 feet
Have a good broadband connection, if possible with atleast 50 MBPS speed
Enable options on your source (Nothing to be done in fireTV though)
Ensure your receiver is turned on, before your source. By that way, sync will be more effective
Not all content in Netflix and Prime will have atmos. Only selected ones has, so ensure you are playing something with atmos content
Start playing, only after the sync between source and receiver is complete
And finally, if atmos is not getting detected. Please shut down all equipments and retry

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back