First Home Theater : Need Suggestion

rahuljumde

Hi

i am very fond of music and want to setup my First home theater system. I don't understand much of the technical stuff but also don't want to go with package home theater available in in market.

Requirments

Usage : 60% Music 40% Movies
Room Size : 18 X 12
Budget : upto 70K

In Pune one of he dealer suggested me below combination for 1Lakh

Denon AVR X- 540BT 5.2
jamo s426
jamo sub 260

is it a good combination ?

Or shall I go for
Denon AVR X- 540BT 5.2
Taga harmony inmove 5.1 or Wharfedale DX-1SE Home Theatre Cinema Package

Please suggest

Hi

If it is music....pls look at the Marantz NR series of AVR.....you will not regret it...

Most speakers blend well with Marantz....audition and decide....

Check also for Boston Acoustic speakers, Morel Primo....Mission....

Thanks a lot efernand1 for reply , let me check the Marantz NR series, any specific suggestion for Speaker system, BOSTON ACOUSTICS A23 5.1 HOME THEATRE PACKAGE is available on HiFimart @ 49000 are those good ?
I think in Pune there are very few places we can get the audition and may not be Marantz AVR of specific speakers available with them :(

Last edited:
Hi Rahul,

Adding just my 2 cents here:

The Denon 540BT is a very very basic and entry level AVR. As suggested by efernand1 look for Marantz. It is superior to Denon. For a decent performance look for Denon 2400 and above.

The combined price you mentioned, I feel is a steep price. If possible, please take the individual price of AVR and the speakers (5 speakers and 1 sub woofer price again separately). But my feeling is that the price is high.

Boston Acoustics A26 are also good and are selling for around 16k on hifimart. I feel that sound is very subjective hence audition of speakers is best before buying.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot efernand1 for reply , let me check the Marantz NR series, any specific suggestion for Speaker system, BOSTON ACOUSTICS A23 5.1 HOME THEATRE PACKAGE is available on HiFimart @ 49000 are those good ?
I think in Pune there are very few places we can get the audition and may not be Marantz AVR of specific speakers available with them :(

Marantz AVR & most speakers should be available for audition in Pune

Thanks pushkarajd and jmascreen

Got below dealer names from Justdial for Marantz AVR

Nisu Tech, Camp
Acoustics Solution And Consultation, Chandani chowk
Future Living Camp

If you can suggest any specific good dealer, will be helpful

Also are there technicians available to do the wiring job, if I don't buy the AVR and Speaker from a dealer ?

Do I get the warranty and support if I buy it from HiFiMart ?

Recently I purchased Denon avr-x1400h and Wharfedale DX-1SE from AV Excellence.

I would recommend above combo for movies, for music please audition Marantz.

I tried Denon AVR-x1400h with Wharfedale 225, I did not liked music on it.

Hi Rahul,

You can definitely buy from hifimart. I very recently puchased my Marantz from hifimart and it was a very good experience. You can talk to Mr. Anil and he can definitely give you a good deal wrt price.

Wiring should be pretty easy unless you have anything special which is concealed or other complex.

If you want to buy any specific audio cables, then go for OFC Free cables which are 12 AWG or below (10 AWG would be very good but will be costly)

Hi

Yes those Bostons are good...bass can go as low as 28hz.....decent mini bookshelf....also look at other brands...use the same movie clip or music song and decide....

Marantz look for 1506 or 1508 models.....

Usage : 60% Music 40% Movies
Room Size : 18 X 12
Budget : upto 70K

Any entry level 5.x AVR (25K) + Taga inmove 5.0 speaker from ebay.in (25K or less using coupon code) + Taga TSW 200 (12 inch sub)..

If you take Taga inmove 5.1 speakers package, it comes with 8 inch subwoofer.. So pick Taga inmove 5.0 and add a capable subwoofer..

Yamaha v 483 and wharfedale dx - 1se

+1 for this combo, Entry level AVR from Denon are not good, especially for Music. Buy yamaha if its Entry level and for even midrange AVR. Yamaha is decent with Music as well. Though Marantz if in Budget, would be preferred anyday.

Chose Your front speakers after auditioning and match rest of the system according to them, allocate large portion of your budget for front speakers because your music is mostly stereo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all for the pointers. let me begin my AVR and speaker hunting. I will keep you all updated.

1 small query though, are bookshelf speaker better or floor standing, say within a budget of 50K

If need to compare between JAMO S426 and Wharfedale DX-1SE,
I am not able to take decision to go for floorstanding or bookshelf

Floorstanding occupy more space but if quality is good I am ready to compromise on that

1 small query though, are bookshelf speaker better or floor standing, say within a budget of 50K

If need to compare between JAMO S426 and Wharfedale DX-1SE,
I am not able to take decision to go for floorstanding or bookshelf

Floorstanding occupy more space but if quality is good I am ready to compromise on that

Since you anyways would be adding subwoofer, a small BS is all you need.. it is also easier for mounting & placement in the room than a FS..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back