Fixed vs Manual Pull down screen?

manishk13

Hi

I was originally thinking of a fixed screen , however after visiting Santosh (thanks buddy) and reading recommendations here (opinion seems to be for pull down due to dusty Indian conditions) it seems pull down is better for India.

Am thinking of Panoview 120" manual pull down currently

Can some expert pls advice on pull down vs fixed?

Thanks
Manish

dear manish,
I would suggest u to go for a fixed screen rather than a pull down because when the air conditioning or even the fan is on then the pull down screen tends to slightly move a bit creating a wave like effect which is quite annoying.

AS far as the dust is concerned either keep it covered or cleaning it once a week with colin would do.

Hello Manish,

For me too a pull down screen is the way to go forward due to dust and let us not forget if the screen is a fixed one there is always a chance of it getting damaged in the hands of children or by the servants and effectively be guided that when one is not watching a movie why should the screen be seen, sooner then later it will start getting on your nerve.

V.

Hi

I was originally thinking of a fixed screen , however after visiting Santosh (thanks buddy) and reading recommendations here (opinion seems to be for pull down due to dusty Indian conditions) it seems pull down is better for India.

Am thinking of Panoview 120" manual pull down currently

Can some expert pls advice on pull down vs fixed?

Thanks
Manish

Hi,

I am using a dalite screen since 3 years, i do not have a fan in my mini theatre, i have an air condition and i have never seen the screen moving and with no wave effect. In my case this is possible because i have a good distance between the screen and air condition while let me not forget dalite are among the world leaders in screen, so they really know how to take care of such a thing.

In my case there is no question of dust because there is no window and moreover it is a dedicated room, the people who have the set up in a living room, etc are at a better risk but surely they can manage to quite a extent.

V.

dear manish,
I would suggest u to go for a fixed screen rather than a pull down because when the air conditioning or even the fan is on then the pull down screen tends to slightly move a bit creating a wave like effect which is quite annoying.

AS far as the dust is concerned either keep it covered or cleaning it once a week with colin would do.

Last edited:
I agree with vinay, I too am using a Dalite pull down and have no issues with a visible moving effect on the screen with an AC, it does move a little bit but it is not visible during use at the viewing position.

Fixed screens may be suitable for dedicated theaters, while pull downs are more appropriate for living rooms in general or in my case where mounting a fixed screen was not an option due to other constraints.

Ok, I'll go for pull down as well. Seems the more logical option. Where to buy Dalite and Panoview screens from in India? Which is the better option? What is the maximum inches of the screen available?

I am using grandview manual pull down,as of now i am satisfied with the product, i wanted to go for dalite but due to non availability and cost dropped the idea.

Did you check for the dalite screen with sight & sound, also do check with sound of music, delhi? Why do you want to pull out from grandview?

V.

I am using grandview manual pull down,as of now i am satisfied with the product, i wanted to go for dalite but due to non availability and cost dropped the idea.

The Dalite, I think, is only available against order.

I waited a month or two for mine. If you are in a hurry it may not be the best idea.

Did you check for the dalite screen with sight & sound, also do check with sound of music, delhi? Why do you want to pull out from grandview?

V.

Hi Vinay

Nope i am not pulling out of grandivew, i am happy with the screen, i am just telling the experience i had due to which i went for grandview.As i could not get dalite from anywhere at that time.Stocks were not available and i got tired of wait time.

there is one thing with fixed frame which you wont get with manual pulldown..to demo various screen fabrics with ur prj at ur home..it is a time consuming process similar to auditioning speakers, choosing the one which appeals best to the eye..
right now i m having 9 different shades of matt white and i am waiting for one more before i make my decision..

In Pull down, which seems the logical way to go, is there automatic v manual? Automatic would be the way to go?

What are the prices of dalite and panoview 150", 120" screens approx and how much time does it take to deliver? I have contacted sight and sound...

I want to buy a da-lite projector (120 inches) but I don't know exactly which type to buy. Kindly advise.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back