Floorstanders under Rs. 50000

ric6041

Hello Experts

I'm looking forward to stepping into the world of good sound and shortlisting good FS' under 50K INR.

I'm the nomadic type and change residence every two years so I don't want to limit myself to BS, meant for smaller rooms. Moreover, I like the way FS sound over BS any day (I love bass :licklips:)

My current shortlist looks like this:

1) WHARFEDALE Diamond 230 - 44k - No Demo in Bangalore :sad:. HELP!! Dealer told me that Wharf are no longer allowing demos!
2) PSB Image T5 - 49k - PSB dealer said no demo possible as model is discontinued :sad:
3) Polk RTi T5 - 50k - Auditioned and they sounded good. Just good, not great.
4) MORDAUNT SHORT Mezzo 6 - 44k (demo piece with some repairs done) - Will demo shortly
5) Heco Aleva 400 - 50k (demo piece) - They sound great
6) Monitor Audio Bronze 5 or 6 - Price NA - Yet to Demo
7) Paradigm Monitor 7 - 70k (clearly beyond my budget :sad:) - yet to demo

If anyone know of a better price that I can avail in Bangalore, please help me out.

I am looking expert's comments on the listed speakers to help me choose one.

Please help!!

U can add Dali Zensor 7 or 5 in it list. Hope Zensor 5 come in your budget.Also Elac Andrew Jones designed one .Have a good audition and decide.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hello Experts

I'm looking forward to stepping into the world of good sound and shortlisting good FS' under 50K INR.

I'm the nomadic type and change residence every two years so I don't want to limit myself to BS, meant for smaller rooms. Moreover, I like the way FS sound over BS any day (I love bass :licklips:)

1) WHARFEDALE Diamond 230 - 44k - No Demo in Bangalore :sad:. HELP!! Dealer told me that Wharf are no longer allowing demos!
2) PSB Image T5 - 49k - PSB dealer said no demo possible as model is discontinued :sad:
4) MORDAUNT SHORT Mezzo 6 - 44k (demo piece with some repairs done) - Will demo shortly

If anyone know of a better price that I can avail in Bangalore, please help me out.

Please help!!

If you are the kind of person who moves around a lot, BS or standmount speakers are better suited for movement and placement.
Decent BS speakers can give you room filling sound up to 200 sft easily. No harm in demo'ing them.
BTW, I don't think any manufacturer denies demo; it must be the dealer's decision not to put speakers on demo.
How can anyone buy something that appeals to the senses without a demo?
While speakers are the most important component in a setup, they need a good amp driving them. What is your game plan here?

FYI: I have standmounts, not in the budget you have planned, that perform quite well in all aspects.

Cheers,
Raghu

Hi
what type of bass you really like is matters. Is that clean bass from a bass guitar or people used to listen in cars like bom bom.

Iam using sonodyne sonus 2605v3. It has decent bass but not deep enough to go down to 32Hertz.

Sorry to change your wish. If you really need a deep bass, go for book shelf with subwoofer.
Good Luck

U can add Dali Zensor 7 or 5 in it list. Hope Zensor 5 come in your budget.Also Elac Andrew Jones designed one .Have a good audition and decide.

Hi Ranjith

Even I was interested in ELACs, but then Elac - F5 are listed for 62k so dropped them. I auditioned DALI Zensor 5 and 7, but their sound didn't appeal to my taste.

If you are the kind of person who moves around a lot, BS or standmount speakers are better suited for movement and placement.
Decent BS speakers can give you room filling sound up to 200 sft easily. No harm in demo'ing them.
BTW, I don't think any manufacturer denies demo; it must be the dealer's decision not to put speakers on demo.
How can anyone buy something that appeals to the senses without a demo?
While speakers are the most important component in a setup, they need a good amp driving them. What is your game plan here?

FYI: I have standmounts, not in the budget you have planned, that perform quite well in all aspects.

Cheers,
Raghu

Hi Raghu

I've narrowed down on Norge 1000 gold IA. I demoed a couple of BS too - KEF 100 and 300, Focals, but I somehow love the deep sound of the FS.

Yes may be the demo denial is a made up story by the dealer, but I think Total Sound are the only dealer for Wharfs in Bangalore.

Hi
what type of bass you really like is matters. Is that clean bass from a bass guitar or people used to listen in cars like bom bom.

Iam using sonodyne sonus 2605v3. It has decent bass but not deep enough to go down to 32Hertz.

Sorry to change your wish. If you really need a deep bass, go for book shelf with subwoofer.
Good Luck

I'm looking for deep but clean bass. Definitely not the boom-boom type ::)

BS + stands + SW will breach my budget.

Elac has been priced high here compared to the foreign price.Also you can check with Klipsch reference series speakers . Also KEF series.

KEF Q series are wonderful. While the Q100 is really for small listening spaces, I felt Q300 to be quite capable, may be up to 200 sft.
In fact they made me step up a range and go for the R series (R300s).
SW integration without bass management support from amp may be tricky. Never worked in my rig, maybe my room or my ignorance.

When hearing SM vs FS of the same manufacturer/lineup, I always felt the little guys to punch above their price, from a VFM view point.
Hence the advice to at least demo them, if possible. There may be something out there that may tick most your check boxes.
Look out for used speakers too on the forum. They are usually safe buys if you can audition them.

Cheers,
Raghu

KEF Q series are wonderful. While the Q100 is really for small listening spaces, I felt Q300 to be quite capable, may be up to 200 sft.
In fact they made me step up a range and go for the R series (R300s).
SW integration without bass management support from amp may be tricky. Never worked in my rig, maybe my room or my ignorance.

When hearing SM vs FS of the same manufacturer/lineup, I always felt the little guys to punch above their price, from a VFM view point.
Hence the advice to at least demo them, if possible. There may be something out there that may tick most your check boxes.
Look out for used speakers too on the forum. They are usually safe buys if you can audition them.

Cheers,
Raghu

Sure Raghu I will consider auditioning more BS. In fact, I started my search with BS and these were (now are) the contenders:

Elac Debut B6
Wharfedale Diamond 220
PSB Image B6
Mezzo 1, 2
Monitor Audio BX2

BTW, any suggestions on the FS?

Elac has been priced high here compared to the foreign price.Also you can check with Klipsch reference series speakers . Also KEF series.

I heard good things about Klipsch. Where can I audition them in Bangalore?

But Klipsch reference series are highly sensitive speakers which can be driven easily .Very good one.Have good audition.

I was quoted 65k MRP for rp-140sa surround speakers at Chennai Cinebels where as it was 399$ abroad .If u have any friends,relatives abroad .U can get it within our budget

Hello Experts

Please help!!

i have listened to the psb t5. they used to originally sell for 70k rupees. it is an extremely good speaker. good deep bass and pretty neutral mids. highs i felt are slightly harsh, but again only slightly. what amp are you pairing them with. i have heard them on the acoustic portrait and theyre very good

i have listened to the psb t5. they used to originally sell for 70k rupees. it is an extremely good speaker. good deep bass and pretty neutral mids. highs i felt are slightly harsh, but again only slightly. what amp are you pairing them with. i have heard them on the acoustic portrait and theyre very good

I'll pair them up with Norge.

Yes may be the demo denial is a made up story by the dealer, but I think Total Sound are the only dealer for Wharfs in Bangalore.

HT Store is also a Wharfedale dealer and have bought.
You should be able to demo as they have Wharfedale, Dali etc in demo room.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back