Foobar skins

darkonev301bytedgod33pj.jpg

By s_sachin at 2012-06-22

If foobar can be controlled using keyboard shortcuts (which all media players do), then mce remote can be used. Foobar is also supported in Eventghost and you can configure your mce remote to control it. Eventghost has one advantage over normal keyboard shortcuts - the application need not be in focus to respond to commands. You can minimize the player and still the player will respond to mce commands.

Have you guys tried - used J River with Event Style @ 25m/s ??
I 'preferred' it to my long trusted 'Foobar' !!
I have switched out of Foobar & use J River...
You may want to try the 30 day trial - just a suggestion....

i am planning two separate logins for my htpc, one already auto launches xbmc and another foobar, good that android has app. I can surely keep another login for jriver but will wait for some more reviews

i think youe hve to go to the columnc UI in preferences.

Import the file DarkOne v3.0.fcl from the folder
...\foobar2000\themes\DarkOne via File ? Preferences ?
Display ? Columns UI ? Main tab ? FCL importing and
exporting ? Import.

this is from the manual.

i think youe hve to go to the columnc UI in preferences.

Import the file DarkOne v3.0.fcl from the folder
...\foobar2000\themes\DarkOne via File ? Preferences ?
Display ? Columns UI ? Main tab ? FCL importing and
exporting ? Import.

this is from the manual.

I am able to find .FCL file in the folder.
However, There is nothing like Columns UI under preferences.
This is all what I see under preferences.
2llkcoi.png

Any pointer please....

I'm going to bring out a piece of software and cal it Fore.

Of course, it will have different err... appearances. :cool:

(I'll get my coat...)

Woke up the old thread to say this: I came across this foobar skin called 'Yin Yang'. It is truly beautiful (and compatible with foobar2000 v1.1).
Sorry can't attach screenshots due to size limit, here is the link to the pic: YinYang (deviantart.net)

Have you guys tried - used J River with Event Style @ 25m/s ?? I 'preferred' it to my long trusted 'Foobar' !!
I have switched out of Foobar & use J River...You may want to try the 30 day trial - just a suggestion....

I have tried J River and could not find any difference in sound between that and Foobar. And I think JR has become too bloated now. It is stupid of them to try to play everything under the sun in one software. They should have brought an audio only version and a video only version, and a combined one for people who do not worry too much about quality.

Cheers

It's great to know abt this app Vivek.. but HOW do I use it? I'm so stupid to ask this but where would I point my android cell phone?.. Can my laptop response to it's signal?

The phone does not have to point anywhere, as both pc and phone will be on same wireless network. there are some server components that need to be installed for foobar (like foobar upnp) and the phone app connects to the server getting all the information.

Audiophile music server running XBMC - YouTube

this should give you an idea, although used for XMBC

Too complicated for me. I use the good old basic foobar skin which shows the play list and nothing else on white back ground and runs flawlessly on my atom based netbook with 1GB RAM, using less than 20% of CPU capacity. All the screen shots that are posted look very nice but I get confused when I am trying to find out what exactly is playing. Had the same issue with WMP as well. Too many columns, many pictures etc.
So it seems that I am not techno savvy.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back