Forums frequented by Indians

KoolPal

Hi guys,

Was thrilled to find this forum which is so active & with varied interests.

Wanted to ask which other forums are there which are India centric & active.

I have come across many forums but they tend to be US or Europe specific & are not relevant in Indian context.

I am looking for forums on health, parenting, home improvement, community, day to day living, city entertainment life, movies, shopping and anything else you guys frequently visit.

Please share links & your comments on it.

Thanks a ton.

Here is a small list since you say Indian forums only:

For Audio (apart from hifivision.com)
The Global Audiophile
India's Audio Video HiFi Home Theater Stereo Consumer Electronics Discussion Forum

For Automobiles:
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Portal
GearHeads India

For all things DIY & hobbies:
Home to the Indian DIY'er and Hobbyist (FYI, I started and run this forum)

For Computers and stuff:
TechEnclave - Indian Technology Forum - Home
www.thinkdigit.com

Will add more as I remember...

Last edited:
can someone provide me a team-bhp invite? everytime their mods reject my request following my justification to join

thinkdigit and techenclave has a lot of noise. There are insincere and casual members there. HFV is much much better, kudos to HFV members! :clapping:

Only other comparable forum is team-bhp for cars. For general topics(history, sports, health etc), however, I am yet to find any good indian forum.

Perhaps its the time to create one?

thinkdigit and techenclave has a lot of noise. There are insincere and casual members there. HFV is much much better, kudos to HFV members! :clapping:

Only other comparable forum is team-bhp for cars. For general topics(history, sports, health etc), however, I am yet to find any good indian forum.

Perhaps its the time to create one?

I don't think so, i could find very sincere and knowledgeable members there..:cool:

Thanks ton guys for these links. Keep 'em coming!

Small clarification: I didn't mean Indian forums specifically. I meant forums where many Indians participate & where information shared is in Indian context. Hope this helps in sharing more links. :)

I use Yahoo answers especially for Photography and Cameras. This is not exactly a forum but quite similar.

thephotographer.in and jjmehta forums for photography, xbhp.in for motorbikes, team-bhp.com for cars, theaudiophile.net for hifi, techenclave for pc, gadgets.

try
sulekha.com
expatwoman.com
expatblog.com
expatforum.com
indusladies.com

These forum deal with lives of iNDIAN community abroad.

Frankly, I am ashamed of some of the indian forums like Techenclave, which is full of foul-mouthed, ill mannered, precocious immature "techies".
Team BHP follows a elitist 'holier than thou' approach with ultra snobbish culture where they are proud that they do not accept your membership application in first 10 tries.

Regards

Back