Free 8 DVD's

I think Vinay must now lay down some ground rules :=

1) All recipients of the dvds should contriute for couriering..

2) Vinay's allotment of titles will be final, means i wont be able to say.. i dont want this title, can u exchange me for xxy etc..
Vinay will sort out the duplicates.

3) I hope vinay will declare the excel spreadsheet at the end and numbers alloted to different recipients..

regards

I will surely follow the points 2 & 3, unless someone has a good alternative suggestion.

About the courier charges, it is okay i will bear the expenses, though the cost is going to go higher because i will have to use a well branded courier, as these 8 movies will be expensive, the English one's are costing each at an average of 500 bucks while the Hindi one's average cost is around 200/400 bucks, i will tell the courier company to write on the receipt that 8 DVDs received, that way chance of robbery and related could drop, I am planning to use a strong envelope and bubble wrap the DVDs, any other suggestions?

Vinay.

2) Vinay's allotment of titles will be final, means i wont be able to say.. i dont want this title, can u exchange me for xxy etc..

3) I hope vinay will declare the excel spreadsheet at the end and numbers alloted to different recipients..

regards

Dear Members,

The updated numbers are there now in the first page/initial post.

Vinay.

Last edited:
Mr. Skumar, i am happy to see that last night you have touched 200 posts therefore please choose the 8 numbers.
Vinay.

Vinay,

Thanks for keeping track and I request you to allot me a random set out of the numbers which are not picked up so far by other members. Or I will have to go thru the posts on this thread and make a list of numbers chosen, which may be not needed as you are already doing it. Thanks for your generosity and may your tribe grow...

Edit:
Well, I saw your post just now and my picks are:
18, 123, 234, 202, 48, 155, 75, 89

Last edited:
The numbers which are there in post 63, are the one's which are not yet picked up by any of the members, so please feel free to choose among them.

If there are more queries then please do let me know.

Vinay.

Vinay,

Thanks for keeping track and I request you to allot me a random set out of the numbers which are not picked up so far by other members. Or I will have to go thru the posts on this thread and make a list of numbers chosen, which may be not needed as you are already doing it. Thanks for your generosity and may your tribe grow...

Moserw,

If you wish you can give 8 more numbers in the free 8 DVDs thread, i will be happy.

Vinay,

Sure I can take 8 more DVDs to make it 16. Let the others decide first and if at the end any DVDs are left (whether 8 or more or less) then I will take the remaining. I'm sure I can find good use for them especially with my Oppo 983 which is very good at upscaling.

Once again thanks for your very generous offer.

Moserw, please choose another 8 numbers now from post # 63, you deserve this additional lot.

Vinay.

Vinay,

Sure I can take 8 more DVDs to make it 16. Let the others decide first and if at the end any DVDs are left (whether 8 or more or less) then I will take the remaining. I'm sure I can find good use for them especially with my Oppo 983 which is very good at upscaling.

Once again thanks for your very generous offer.

Ok, here goes, I will take 239, 241, 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248.

But do let me know if any other member is falling short in which case I will forego and let another member have them.

Moserw, please choose another 8 numbers now from post # 63, you deserve this additional lot.

Vinay.

okay shall we leave it to vinay so that the others too can get more than the mentioned number of 8 :lol:

But seriously vinay thanks a ton for the initiative

regards

+1000 to that. Especially every recipient should bear the cost of delivery/courier. It is generous enough of Vinay to give away the lot. He should not pay for his generosity.

Hello guys,
I was thinking of a problem just thought I would share with you guys. say Vinay is offering 8 DVDs randomly selecting from his collection of 250 dvds lets say another person has 300 dvds. Now the question is what is the probability that one of vinay's dvd offered to the other person would be idential? :D
thanks.

okay shall we leave it to vinay so that the others too can get more than the mentioned number of 8 :lol:

Maybe Vinay can send a open invitation to all for disposing un-allocated dvds.
Around 60-70 dvds are un=allocated, if i counted right.

Hello guys,
I was thinking of a problem just thought I would share with you guys. say Vinay is offering 8 DVDs randomly selecting from his collection of 250 dvds lets say another person has 300 dvds. Now the question is what is the probability that one of vinay's dvd offered to the other person would be idential? :D
thanks.

If sumone is already having 300 DVDs:licklips:, He should voluntarily opt out of the allotment process and leave it for Ration Card guys like me. SIMPLE.:D :pHehehehe

OR

Then the allotee has to swap it with someone else. This reminds me of old card collecting day of childhood.

If sumone is already having 300 DVDs:licklips:, He should voluntarily opt out of the allotment process and leave it for Ration Card guys like me. SIMPLE.:D :pHehehehe

OR

Then the allotee has to swap it with someone else. This reminds me of old card collecting day of childhood.

I believe let things be as they are. If you get something you already have then give it to someone else or just leave it. If you ask for a swap then everyone will ask for a swap (for movies they don't like) by claiming they already have it. That will not work out right? That's one reason Vinay did not want to put out the list in the first place since people would scramble for the better movies. This way its Russian Roulette and everybody has a fair chance.

Suparteep,

I think in the next few days other members will pick the balance DVDs. I gave Moserw, additional lot of 8 DVDs because he has helped me a lot in getting into the world of high definition movies, 720p.

It is great joy for me that you'll are happy with the gift offer.

Vinay.

Suparteep,

I think in the next few days other members will pick the balance DVDs. I gave Moserw, additional lot of 8 DVDs because he has helped me a lot in getting into the world of high definition movies, 720p.

It is great joy for me that you'll are happy with the gift offer.

Vinay.

thanks vinay - you are a sport

There are some members who have given serial numbers which were earlier chosen by others, in such a case i will be taking the next serial number available, please confirm if this is alright with you'll otherwise please tell suggest.

Vinay.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back