General Chit chat - say Hi!

spirovious

Well ,

I am not sure whether its allowed OR not,I just started this thread to talk to those who are online.

After being here for almost 2 yrs ,I feel this thread may help just to talk & say hallo to the member with whom you do share your hifi experiences without disturbing other threads.Get guided by them & even guide others.PM them for final decisions.

So to begin with -

I can see thevortex ( helped me to config my D2X here), Cranky (cleared my doubts abt Philips LCD) are online who .S0

Hi,Thevortex & Cranky ,anything special today?

@moderator- If I am doing wrong,pls.remove the thread.

Last edited:
Nothing special, Spiro. I am just looking for a very good DAC solution that would help me use my PS3 as a front end.

@theVortex & Srini: Even I am looking for DAC for my xtreamer and Laptop. I need a DAC that can do USB and SPDIF. So, after reading Ashish's review, think the Beresford 7520 and the Beresford Caiman fit the bill. I had contacted anandkrishnantc who owns a 7520 and he had agreed to bring his DAC over to my place. I still haven't taken him on the offer. Might happen sometime soon. Will keep you guys posted.

@Srini: How are your Wharf DFS speakers? Since you already had conventional speakers for your surrounds, I would like to understand if you are able to feel the magic(larger area coverage, stage etc) of dipoles?

Which DAC are you looking for? any better solution other than D2X?
a tube based?

Some tube-based or NOS DAC is what I am looking for. Peter Daniel's NOS DAC is always an option. But I am looking more towards Viren to see what he is going to come up with. Fingers and toes crossed.

@thevortex- How does D2X sounds with tube amps?Far better than Nad?

In short - yes.

I have been postponing this writing of my personal experience as a review for some time now. Hopefully I will get it done sometime in the next couple of weeks. :)

thanks santosh

How about some jokes/ small stories with a hi message.
[removed the joke, felt may offend some communities]

Last edited:
hi all,
funny quote..
"The best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating systems." -- Bill Gates

hi all,
funny quote..
"The best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating systems." -- Bill Gates
Can he really have said that? I guess not. Too true. :D

hi all, new blue ray yummy price update there in general chit chat..all gray buy reliable prices n sellers.

Can he really have said that? I guess not. Too true. :D
:lol:

Saw the Google Nexus One phone today. Very well built I must say. Functionality is more or less like the HTC Hero. Processor is faster and has a newer version of the Google Android O/S.

Not sure why, I liked the look & feel of the HTC Hero better. The Nexus has too many rounded corners for my liking. What do you guys feel?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back