General Chit chat - say Hi!

spirovious

Well ,

I am not sure whether its allowed OR not,I just started this thread to talk to those who are online.

After being here for almost 2 yrs ,I feel this thread may help just to talk & say hallo to the member with whom you do share your hifi experiences without disturbing other threads.Get guided by them & even guide others.PM them for final decisions.

So to begin with -

I can see thevortex ( helped me to config my D2X here), Cranky (cleared my doubts abt Philips LCD) are online who .S0

Hi,Thevortex & Cranky ,anything special today?

@moderator- If I am doing wrong,pls.remove the thread.

Last edited:
Nothing special, Spiro. I am just looking for a very good DAC solution that would help me use my PS3 as a front end.

@theVortex & Srini: Even I am looking for DAC for my xtreamer and Laptop. I need a DAC that can do USB and SPDIF. So, after reading Ashish's review, think the Beresford 7520 and the Beresford Caiman fit the bill. I had contacted anandkrishnantc who owns a 7520 and he had agreed to bring his DAC over to my place. I still haven't taken him on the offer. Might happen sometime soon. Will keep you guys posted.

@Srini: How are your Wharf DFS speakers? Since you already had conventional speakers for your surrounds, I would like to understand if you are able to feel the magic(larger area coverage, stage etc) of dipoles?

Which DAC are you looking for? any better solution other than D2X?
a tube based?

Some tube-based or NOS DAC is what I am looking for. Peter Daniel's NOS DAC is always an option. But I am looking more towards Viren to see what he is going to come up with. Fingers and toes crossed.

@thevortex- How does D2X sounds with tube amps?Far better than Nad?

In short - yes.

I have been postponing this writing of my personal experience as a review for some time now. Hopefully I will get it done sometime in the next couple of weeks. :)

thanks santosh

How about some jokes/ small stories with a hi message.
[removed the joke, felt may offend some communities]

Last edited:
hi all,
funny quote..
"The best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating systems." -- Bill Gates

hi all,
funny quote..
"The best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and I fished out listings of their operating systems." -- Bill Gates
Can he really have said that? I guess not. Too true. :D

hi all, new blue ray yummy price update there in general chit chat..all gray buy reliable prices n sellers.

Can he really have said that? I guess not. Too true. :D
:lol:

Saw the Google Nexus One phone today. Very well built I must say. Functionality is more or less like the HTC Hero. Processor is faster and has a newer version of the Google Android O/S.

Not sure why, I liked the look & feel of the HTC Hero better. The Nexus has too many rounded corners for my liking. What do you guys feel?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back