General Chit chat - say Hi!

wait for them all to become cheaper!

Actually, I want a decent camera with a phone attached, and, for that reason, I am becoming dissatisfied with my N82.

I don't need a "smart" phone --- but I do like having GPS.

Thad ,

mobile is never that good camera, due to size limitation,
as well as battery . Even so advertised megapixel ratings.

Take a basic 2mp camera phone and a digicam .
even well made 6MP digicam will be enough.Dont go by those 13mp camera marketing slogan .

Unless you are making posters you dont need 13mp.

... Indeed. My "proper" camera is only 5mp, but every one of them is better quality than the 5MP camera on my phone. I'd expect that; I'd just like the phone to be a bit better!

Oddly, it has taken some really great closeups of flowers, butterflies, etc. It is useless for scenes, and unreliable for groups.

Another bit of chit-chat: today I drove over 70km in Chennai. It was for a good reason, and I enjoyed the trips --- but, hey, I'm glad I'm not a taxi driver!

Here is a PJ

How will u send Roses to moon?

:
:
:
:

Think...

:
:
:

think...

Very Simple. Just say...

GULAB JA-MOON!!

:lol::clapping:

Hi Kaushik bhai,

Whats happening? Thanks for the razor tip, will try it out, damn mach3 catridges are so expensive.:p
When are you coming to Kerala to see Suri s speakers?
Titus
P.s I have started saving up for the Topping amp.

Hi Kaushik bhai,

Whats happening? Thanks for the razor tip, will try it out, damn mach3 catridges are so expensive.:p
When are you coming to Kerala to see Suri s speakers?
Titus
P.s I have started saving up for the Topping amp.

iaudio surely will do,
i am doing a little work for a client (not audio diy :) )..plan is by Feb end or march 1st week...
suris painting job will be over by then i guess..my dac PSU
is also pending..will retest in a few days..

iaudio surely will do,
i am doing a little work for a client (not audio diy :) )..plan is by Feb end or march 1st week...
suris painting job will be over by then i guess..my dac PSU
is also pending..will retest in a few days..

Kaushik,
If you are coming I will also plan it so that we can go together.

I just came back from Sikkil Gurucharans concert here. :D

iaudio ,

will do that ... :)

how was live show ? carnatic music i guess

The live show was good! It was great to get a chance to see him performing up close. But the guys were who were arranging the sound werent fully set up I guess. There was some prob with feedback to the artists!
Yes Carnatic music, Sikkil Gurucharan was the vocalist, accompanied by Mridangam, Ghatam and Violin.

I just came back from R Hemalatha's concert. Yesterday I saw RK Sriramkumar. A festival of violin solo, but I can only make these first two. Anyway; two of my favourite violinists and I never saw either play solo before.

I just came back from R Hemalatha's concert. Yesterday I saw RK Sriramkumar. A festival of violin solo, but I can only make these first two. Anyway; two of my favourite violinists and I never saw either play solo before.

Thad, thats nice. Lots of music happening in Chennai these days,eh?

But I do wish I had better understanding of carnatic music, at the moment I just close my eyes and enjoy the music!:)

I just close my eyes and enjoy the music!:)
Me too! Even though I used to go to mridangam classes (my user ID is a bit of a giveaway) I sometimes can't even follow the tala, and know almost nothing about raga. I just enjoy.

Yes, there is nearly always music in Chennai, although, obviously December Season is the peak. I think there were fewer off-peak concerts last year, the economy is biting the sponsors, we'll see what tis year brings. We are terribly spoilt, though: most of the concerts are sponsored and free to the audience.

Now, for the next couple of weeks I am busy with other things and won't be concert going. A few days shopping in Singapore is one of those things :)

Me too! Even though I used to go to mridangam classes (my user ID is a bit of a giveaway) I sometimes can't even follow the tala, and know almost nothing about raga. I just enjoy.

Yes, there is nearly always music in Chennai, although, obviously December Season is the peak. I think there were fewer off-peak concerts last year, the economy is biting the sponsors, we'll see what tis year brings. We are terribly spoilt, though: most of the concerts are sponsored and free to the audience.

Now, for the next couple of weeks I am busy with other things and won't be concert going. A few days shopping in Singapore is one of those things :)

Thad,
Its the same here, the Sikkil Gurucharan concert I went to was free ans sponsored by the local Siva Temple as part of Sivaratri culture festival.
Yes we are spoilt!
:D
Singapore eh? so what you gonna buy? sound card? Amp/cdp?

Singapore eh? so what you gonna buy? sound card? Amp/cdp?
I bought...

M-Audio AV40 Speakers.

Echo AudioFire 2 Firewire Audio Interface

but I'm only 50% happy, because the Audiofire is even more affected by latency issues than my old card was, so it looks like new PC time. Cost me a lot of money to find that out!

Hey, this is serious stufff, I'll post about it elsewhere...

Singapore... first visit... Where did I feel most at home? Little India :lol: !

The tourist attractions are all a bit too contrived for me: I think I prefer Vandalur Zoo :). Actually, the visiting place I liked the best was the botanical gardens. Still a man-made park, of course, but it felt much more natural.

And yes... Sim Lim Square and Funan Digitalife took up a few hours of my visit --- but, in total, Mustafa Centre got most of my attention.

Ananda Bhavan did a good job of keeping me fuelled up with Chai, filling my flask for the long days out like zoo and bird park.

It was hot there, with very intense sun, more like Kerala than Chennai, but wow! Chennai's summer has begun since I went away: it's much hotter here now than it was when I left ten days ago :cool:

Tiger Airways is not exactly comfortable --- but for a mere four hours... why pay more? :licklips:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back