Getting a Berning amp

Prem...your gut feelings always tells you the right thing(as you told me earlier thru PM(when I asked)...and i know this will be your worth investment ...I know that you are not wrong again this time too..
As you have graduated from many systems...

Post your listening impression once you get the amp..I am waiting....
Happy listening to music..

Thanks Dheerajin. I am confident of the amp. If at all the system as a whole does not sound good, I am sure the amp will be exposing some flaws:)

First look of the amp. Amp should reach me by end of Jan

Attachments

• angle.jpg
    angle.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 147
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
prem,

lovely !

try asking for a custom etch of your name or signed by the designer.

I had asked Bobby Palkovic for his autograph on my Merlin TSM and he reluctantly agreed for it and somehow during shipping - i missed to press him on this one.

I regret not having it now.

Or maybe a special faceplate with the designers signature or something - you get the idea ?

Iconic stuff this could be - take a chance.

Mpw

Thanks Manav. Nice to hear from you. Do post once in a while.

mpw, maybe i will ask him to etch his signature:)

Here's a back shot of the amp

There's a toggle switch in the front which allows you to choose two different bias currents.

Toggle switch to left gives higher idle bias current. This position gives higher linearity, slightly higher gain, measured distortion of 0.4% at 6 watts into 8 ohms and an output impedance of 2 ohms.

Toggle switch to right gives lower idle bias current. This position gives a little less linearity and lower gain in comparison to the other setting. Measured distortion is 0.7% at 6 watts into 8 ohms and output impedance is 2.8 ohms which means a lower damping factor as compared to the other setting.

Presently amp uses four 6b4 triode tubes which are basically the 2a3 in an octal base. Can also use the 6L6 as a direct replacement. With use of 6L6, the damping factor further reduces.

Amp is a 100% differential balanced circuit. Can choose between balanced and unbalanced. Its zero feedback Class A push pull and puts out 10 watts at 8 ohms and 12 watts at 4 ohms. Amp weighs approx 4.5 kg and consumes 93 watts

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 201
Last edited by a moderator:
So, when can I have the pleasure of listening to your whole system? I haven't heard Rhethm, Viren's work ever yet.

Hi Sumanta, right now my music system is pretty much shut off all the time. My daughter is in her tenth grade. Her exams get over in March. So all listening after that.

Virens amp has already been sold. So now it would be the Berning Rethm combo

Suspenseful anticipation after a long time :)

Cant see that model in his line-up. Is this a custom made one ?

Last edited:
Thanks George. The OTL topology seems exciting. Never had a OTL amp before at home. Let's see how it all plays out.

No sir. No music at home for some time. Also need to run in the amp for some 40 to 50 hrs for things to stabilise. Most painful thing is to reset the crossover and vol level

Berning amp koh run in ke liye idhar de de...

bababar burning karke deta hoon :lol::lol:

i think you will sneak in a few hours of music - it will be hard for you to resist :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back