Getting a Berning amp

After about 4 months, am finally getting a hang of what the Berning does. Had to readjust my crossover settings as well as bass volume. So also the gain structure of my phono. Berning is very sensitive to all of this.

Compared to my previous tube amps, this is more dimensional, more dynamic and more transparent. Doesn't add any fat to the recording which makes a not so good recording sound bad.

Last edited:
Finally being able to make Berning work with the Rethm. Still not fully there but hopefully should get there. Berning and Rethm combo is extremely sensitive and one small thing here or there can completely mess up the sound. It took me several months to figure out this combo.

listening to music again.

i thought u told me you were very busy with work :mad:

:):)

so what did you do to make music ?

Yes mpw, have been caught up with a lot of work. Hardly an hour of listening in a week. Which is why it took so long to set it up. Never really got time to sit down and make the changes. Basically fine tuning speaker position, some minor room treatment and moving from solid core to stranded cables

Hi Prem!! Long time no update on your Berning experience!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Malvai

I don't know how to describe the Berning experience. It's a very different amp from what I have ever owned before. It simply tells you what's on the recording. It doesn't seem to add any signature of its own. So that makes it very demanding on both the upstream and downstream components. It's pretty much immune to power cables but is very sensitive to ic and speaker cables

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back