Gift360.in - Please Stay Away

Muthusami S

Dear friends,

This is my bitter experience with the online shopping site Gift360.in - Electronics, Shopping, Deals for the month, Jewellery & Watches, Home & Kitchen, Memory & Storage, Login, Fragrances, Travel Luggage, a Bangalore based company. I ordered Philips SHE9800 headphones on 16th April, 2010. They said the product will be delivered in 14 working days but I have not received it yet. I have sent several emails and made phone calls but no help. So getting my headphones is now a big question mark.

I suggest our friends in this forum to not shop from this site. There are lot of complaints about this site in the consumer forums. If I would have checked before purchasing from this site, I could have been in the safer side.

Hi,

Thanks for alerting us. Credibility of a website can be judged (35-40%) based on its construction and the contacts that are listed on the website.

Certain websites will have only email IDs and tollfree no, no address or anything about their location of operation, stay away from those sites regardless.

@muthusami - If you have made your payment through a credit card or paypal or google checkout, you are better off.
1. Write a mail to the client giving them a deadline of a week, stating that you would claim a chargeback with your credit card bank.
2. If there is a response asking for time extension, dont get convinced, stand by the timelines you have mentioned in your mail (at least 1 week (fair chance)).
3. If there is no positive response or you have not received your product on time (deadline), speak to your CC comp regarding the chargeback option, sometimes the customer representative may not know, dont give up, write or visit your nearest branch and get the chargeback form, fill it up along with copies of transaction details and the mail conversation you had with the seller.
4. Then, bank will take care of the transaction, you will not have to pay any interest or make payment for the transaction in the interim, but you will lose your credit limit equivalent to the amount transacted. If the bank is convinced that your statements are true, you will get your amount refunded within 60 days.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for alerting us. Credibility of a website can be judged (35-40%) based on its construction and the contacts that are listed on the website.

Certain websites will have only email IDs and tollfree no, no address or anything about their location of operation, stay away from those sites regardless.

@muthusami - If you have made your payment, you are better off.
1. Write a mail to the client giving them a deadline of a week, stating that you would claim a chargeback with your credit card bank.
2. If there is a response asking for time extension, dont get convinced, stand by the timelines you have mentioned in your mail (at least 1 week (fair chance)).
3. If there is no positive response or you have not received your product on time (deadline), speak to your CC comp regarding the chargeback option, sometimes the customer representative may not know, dont give up, write or visit your nearest branch and get the chargeback form, fill it up along with copies of transaction details and the mail conversation you had with the seller.
4. Then, bank will take care of the transaction, you will not have to pay any interest or make payment for the transaction in the interim, but you will lose your credit limit equivalent to the amount transacted. If the bank is convinced that your statements are true, you will get your amount refunded within 60 days.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot for the guidance. They said the product will be delivered by today. I will wait for another week and if I don't receive the product, I will contact my credit card banker for chargeback.

There are a lot of online shopping websites popping out and the best thing to do is to avoid them. I have shared my experience with 20North in this forum and how bad their customer service is.I have decided not to purchase from such websites in future.
Their commitments towards their customer has no value and at the very end of the day they will blame their customers for their shortcomings.

Last edited:
There are a lot of online shopping websites popping out and the best thing to do is to avoid them. I have shared my experience with 20North in this forum and how bad their customer service is.I have decided not to purchase from such websites in future.
Their commitments towards their customer has no value and at the very end of the day they will blame their customers for their shortcomings.

Yes. That's right. But my problem is I made the payment but no assurance for the delivery. Today also I called the customer care but no proper response.

Yes. That's right. But my problem is I made the payment but no assurance for the delivery. Today also I called the customer care but no proper response.

The same thing happened to me I made 100% payment for the Blu Ray but did not get it till I reached the sales tax authority and got my goods cleared. You can very well understand the amount of harrasment one has to face while dealing with the sales tax people.
I was charged Sales Tax because 20North shipped it through "commercial air cargo".

The same thing happened to me I made 100% payment for the Blu Ray but did not get it till I reached the sales tax authority and got my goods cleared. You can very well understand the amount of harrasment one has to face while dealing with the sales tax people.
I was charged Sales Tax because 20North shipped it through "commercial air cargo".
Gift360.in people told me that they shipped the product on Saturday(10-May-10) through BlueDart but I haven't received it yet. I asked the consignment no. but no proper response from Gift360.in. They said they will ship products in bulk and receive airway bills later from BlueDart. I have to wait till end of the day and if the product is not received, I need to start sending chain of emails again.

Also I am afraid of the actual produt they will deliver; if I am lucky I will get the Philips SHE9800, which I ordered. Let us see. :)

Gift360.in people told me that they shipped the product on Saturday(10-May-10) through BlueDart but I haven't received it yet. I asked the consignment no. but no proper response from Gift360.in. They said they will ship products in bulk and receive airway bills later from BlueDart. I have to wait till end of the day and if the product is not received, I need to start sending chain of emails again.

Also I am afraid of the actual produt they will deliver; if I am lucky I will get the Philips SHE9800, which I ordered. Let us see. :)

Please call up your bank and dispute the charge. Ask them to send you the forms and submit the same... and lo.. you'll find the Gift360 guys getting a lot more proactive!:)

The treatment and dealings I got from 20 North in one word is - Ridiculous and Bizarre.

Update: I have received my Philips SHE9800 IEMs on 14th May. My sincere thanks to all for your concerns and guidance in this regard. :)

Muthu,

I understand your concern when you did not get the appropriate service from gift360 but that is no reason to butcher them in the public. Maybe there were good reasons why it might not have come such as the issue in transportation delays due to the volcano in Iceland or whatever.

This is not a fair treatment of dealers or clients without looking at issues to resolve them. I have had delays in getting items from amazon but I dont abuse them in public since i think it is part of the game to assume delays when you select non-guarantee shipping such as standard. Similarly I have delayed some payments on ebay because of work/family pressures. No one has left negative feedback on that either.

Also make sure you do appropriate background check before engaging in a transaction in the future. you may not be as lucky as this time.

I am not trying to take sides with gift360 or anyone just ensuring some flexibility before putting for prejudiced comments.

Last edited:
Update: I have received my Philips SHE9800 IEMs on 14th May. My sincere thanks to all for your concerns and guidance in this regard. :)

Hi,

I really appreciate that you cared to post about the final result. So, looks like they are facing some startup issues. A seller who accepts paypal or credit card payment would take no chance in cheating the buyers.

The reality is that some of these freight-forwarding companies have probably 1-5 employees in US and do them in a unprofessional way and a majority of them are run by our guys. They are fully dependent on their website, customer representatives and the logistics company and if they dont organize well, they get into deep trouble. This information was shared by a person whose brother runs a similar business there.

If someone asks you to transfer the payment through Westernunion or Moneygram, think a million times!

My colleague was about to get cheated by a nigerian who claimed to be selling iphone for $200+$30 and he has phone numbers, etc., as soon as my guy gave his new mobile#, he got a call from an unknown#. He was pretty much excited about getting an iphone for a price someone could never imagine. He actually wanted to hide this fact from me completely, but I got this info through his friend. I somehow diplomatically parked my nose and asked him to know if the seller could send me 2 if I make the payment via paypal. He put me on chat with the seller who goes by the emailID "[email protected]." I confronted him by asking whether he would accept paypal, his UK address, etc., and signed off with some f words, but the spammer remained cool throughout the conversation.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Muthu,

I understand your concern when you did not get the appropriate service from gift360 but that is no reason to butcher them in the public. Maybe there were good reasons why it might not have come such as the issue in transportation delays due to the volcano in Iceland or whatever.

This is not a fair treatment of dealers or clients without looking at issues to resolve them. I have had delays in getting items from amazon but I dont abuse them in public since i think it is part of the game to assume delays when you select non-guarantee shipping such as standard. Similarly I have delayed some payments on ebay because of work/family pressures. No one has left negative feedback on that either.

Also make sure you do appropriate background check before engaging in a transaction in the future. you may not be as lucky as this time.

I am not trying to take sides with gift360 or anyone just ensuring some flexibility before putting for prejudiced comments.

I agree with you the fact that nobody should be disputed in public without proper reasons. But with respect to Gift360.in, I have posted this thread based on the following reasons.

1. The website claims that the product shipping timeline is maximum of 14 days (Except Saturdays and Sundays and local and public holidays). I ordered the product on 16th April, 2010 but received it only on 14th May, 2010 after sending around thirty emails and nearly 15 calls.
2. For each email, they replied as Thanks for writing to us; we will revert you on the same or Your product will be delivered within this weekend.
3. Whenever I contacted the toll free or other phone numbers, they said the order number I mentioned was booked in some other name. After reminding that the order was made through the website, then they said online order status cannot be known through the phone numbers. So if you order a product, then you can send only emails and you cannot discuss anything in person. Even their website does not update the product status; after the payment is made, the status will change to Confirmed. This is the last status and you will not be able to know whether it is shipped or it is out of stock etc.
4. Finally, the product I ordered is very well available in India but the shipping time is almost a month. Also the company is located only in Bangalore and not in U.S or U.K.

On a different note, once I had a problem with Indiaplaza.in in replacing a product; that also took almost one and half months but the customer care people were updating me the status continuously.

In the thread I havent butchered Gift360.in but gave an alert to our forum members. If you google gift 360 complaints, you will find numerous complaints in various consumer forums.

Dear Muthusami,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We do promise a delivery within 14 working days and we live up to it for 99% cases we deliver within 7 working days. It's that 1% that we do not have control on. The product booked by you was a branded product and there was a delay in supplying the same from Philips. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. To make up for the same, we will send you a gift voucher worth Rs 250. We assure you of our best services in the future.

Thanking you,

Mohit Agarwal
Team GIFT360.in

I agree with you the fact that nobody should be disputed in public without proper reasons. But with respect to Gift360.in, I have posted this thread based on the following reasons.

1. The website claims that the product shipping timeline is maximum of 14 days (Except Saturdays and Sundays and local and public holidays). I ordered the product on 16th April, 2010 but received it only on 14th May, 2010 after sending around thirty emails and nearly 15 calls.
2. For each email, they replied as Thanks for writing to us; we will revert you on the same or Your product will be delivered within this weekend.
3. Whenever I contacted the toll free or other phone numbers, they said the order number I mentioned was booked in some other name. After reminding that the order was made through the website, then they said online order status cannot be known through the phone numbers. So if you order a product, then you can send only emails and you cannot discuss anything in person. Even their website does not update the product status; after the payment is made, the status will change to Confirmed. This is the last status and you will not be able to know whether it is shipped or it is out of stock etc.
4. Finally, the product I ordered is very well available in India but the shipping time is almost a month. Also the company is located only in Bangalore and not in U.S or U.K.

On a different note, once I had a problem with Indiaplaza.in in replacing a product; that also took almost one and half months but the customer care people were updating me the status continuously.

In the thread I havent butchered Gift360.in but gave an alert to our forum members. If you google gift 360 complaints, you will find numerous complaints in various consumer forums.

Dear Muthusami,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We do promise a delivery within 14 working days and we live up to it for 99% cases we deliver within 7 working days. It's that 1% that we do not have control on. The product booked by you was a branded product and there was a delay in supplying the same from Philips. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. To make up for the same, we will send you a gift voucher worth Rs 250. We assure you of our best services in the future.

Thanking you,

Mohit Agarwal
Team GIFT360.in

Hi Mohit,

On behalf of all members, I appreciate your efforts to come forward and clarify the issue. Should this continue, you sure will have lot of customers from here.

Wish you all the best!

Cheers!

Hi,

Thank you. We will do our best to keep our customers happy.

Regards
Mohit
GIFT360.in

Hi Mohit,

On behalf of all members, I appreciate your efforts to come forward and clarify the issue. Should this continue, you sure will have lot of customers from here.

Wish you all the best!

Cheers!

Dear Muthusami,

Thanking you,

Mohit Agarwal
Team GIFT360.in

Dear Mohit,

Thanks a lot for your concerns and the gift voucher. In case of delays, I would suggest to inform the customers accordingly so that they won't be panic like me. :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back