Good news for vinyl Lovers

havent heard Ra One till now but yes Rockstar sounds quite good on the vinyl.
there are a few tracks which are not there cause of the paucity of space but i would surely suggest to go buy Rockstar

Listened to my rockstar LP today, firstly T-series LPs are not as good as the ones from Saregama and Sony. Background noise is on the high side. LP arrived in perfect condition, thanks to Flipkart.

The cover - not used to having the inner folder of an LP listing mp3 songs and how to download them on mobile. They could have given us some pictures from the movie instead

The music - now, this is where the story gets sour. AR Rahman is by no means a rock musician and this shows very clearly in his rock numbers Naadan Parinda and Saadaa Haq, which are basically pop tunes with a guitaring. Orianthi's (of Michael Jackson's This is it fame) guitar is the only marginally positive side of Saadaa Haq. Naadan Parinda had shades of Deep Purple in the music. The rest of the record is just Bhangra crap. Infact my wife actually told me to turn off the record when she heard the very first track we played (on side-1) and that too, she's a Rahman fan. It was some crapy Punjabi folk song.

Summary, this is definitely not a record for lovers of heavy metal music like myself. Stay away from wanna-be rock music from our Indian film soundtrack music directors as they cater to the mainstream. Imagine if Rock star had a pro-rock or heavy metal soundtrack, they would not have sold too many records in the Indian market. This is one dumb Bhangra record and a complete waste of money for someone who listens to bands like Megadeth and Metallica.

Over all rating - very poor

This is my personal opinion, others may differ but this is for only the true lovers of rock out there. In India, even Sheila Ki Jawaani and Papa Kehte Hain are considered rock!! You've got to have the mainstream India music lover taste to stomach this record.

On the positive side, our corporate magazine is doing a feature on hobbies of our employees and this time, i'm being featured as an LP record collector. The photo will have me holding this Rockstar LP, so that people can identify with LP records as a current music media and not an ancient one :)

Last edited:
Purchased three LP.Lata - An Era In An Evening and Asha - An Era In An Evening from flipkart and Rudaali from Infibem. All LP are wraped :sad::sad::sad:

It is better to purchase LPs from physical shops. Online shoping and delivery by courier sometimes may end with wraped records. I have also experienced similar thing for some LPs from Flipkart.

It is better to purchase LPs from physical shops. Online shoping and delivery by courier sometimes may end with wraped records. I have also experienced similar thing for some LPs from Flipkart.

frankly i have been getting lps from flipkart for a very long time now but have never faced the issue.
the collection which flipkart has is not available in all the shops for a physical sale. do keep that in mind. next time u buying you can tell them to be extra careful to pack and they do a decent job. also if you find complaints then i am sure they can handle that as well.

There are some issues with the new Indian releases. I had to go through 6 copies of Taare Zameen Par before i got a decent copy. I had to go through 4 copies before i got a decent 3 Idioits. Also Jodhaa Akbar, Dil To Paagal Hai and Rockstar seem to have some issues.

purchased three lp.lata - an era in an evening and asha - an era in an evening from flipkart and rudaali from infibem. All lp are wraped :sad::sad::sad:

if you are from kolkata then you can purchased these from symphony or music world...why flipcart?

Listened to my rockstar LP today, firstly T-series LPs are not as good as the ones from Saregama and Sony. Background noise is on the high side. LP arrived in perfect condition, thanks to Flipkart.

The cover - not used to having the inner folder of an LP listing mp3 songs and how to download them on mobile. They could have given us some pictures from the movie instead

The music - now, this is where the story gets sour. AR Rahman is by no means a rock musician and this shows very clearly in his rock numbers Naadan Parinda and Saadaa Haq, which are basically pop tunes with a guitaring. Orianthi's (of Michael Jackson's This is it fame) guitar is the only marginally positive side of Saadaa Haq. Naadan Parinda had shades of Deep Purple in the music. The rest of the record is just Bhangra crap. Infact my wife actually told me to turn off the record when she heard the very first track we played (on side-1) and that too, she's a Rahman fan. It was some crapy Punjabi folk song.

Summary, this is definitely not a record for lovers of heavy metal music like myself. Stay away from wanna-be rock music from our Indian film soundtrack music directors as they cater to the mainstream. Imagine if Rock star had a pro-rock or heavy metal soundtrack, they would not have sold too many records in the Indian market. This is one dumb Bhangra record and a complete waste of money for someone who listens to bands like Megadeth and Metallica.

Over all rating - very poor

This is my personal opinion, others may differ but this is for only the true lovers of rock out there. In India, even Sheila Ki Jawaani and Papa Kehte Hain are considered rock!! You've got to have the mainstream India music lover taste to stomach this record.

On the positive side, our corporate magazine is doing a feature on hobbies of our employees and this time, i'm being featured as an LP record collector. The photo will have me holding this Rockstar LP, so that people can identify with LP records as a current music media and not an ancient one :)

Do you have an issue with punjabu music?

FLIPKART SUGGESTION

Dear Arindam,

Order ID: ************
Title: Asha - An Era In An Evening - Music - Vinyl

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused due to the receipt of the defective vinyl.

As an initial step towards resolving this issue, we would request you to kindly check the vinyl in a different media player or on a computer. :lol::lol:

Should the problem still persist, please get back to us and we will arrange for the replacement of the same.

Please be assured that we will resolve this issue in the best possible way

Do you have an issue with punjabu music?

obviously no, but you would'nt expect to find punjabi beat music in a rock record, anyways dont care anymore as I dont have the record anymore. sold it off and purchased the 45rpm version of metallica's master of puppets!!

With such a flippant question in your 2nd post, some readers might certainly do have an issue with your grammar.

This made me laugh :lol: The reason i asked is because punjabi music was mentioned twice in the post and both times it said with negativity so I just wanted to know why the person had a problem with punjabi music. Plus it would really blow if they did cuz its been quite prevalent for quite some time! ;)

Hi Amit,

I got a warped record a long time back from a physical shop due to my own carelessness in not checking it before handing over the cash. It was a 2 LP Ghulam Ali collection of ghazals, perhaps under the Polydor label. The shop refused to replaced it. Its still with me (the other LP is perfect). I'll now try to unwarp it using techniques discussed in this forum.

I agree with your caveat.

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi Amit,

I got a warped record a long time back from a physical shop due to my own carelessness in not checking it before handing over the cash. It was a 2 LP Ghulam Ali collection of ghazals, perhaps under the Polydor label. The shop refused to replaced it. Its still with me (the other LP is perfect). I'll now try to unwarp it using techniques discussed in this forum.

I agree with your caveat.

Regards.

Hi Miroflex,

Can you please direct me to the thread, where techniques to unwarp was discussed?

Regards

Last edited:
What's funny is the guy who wrote Sheila Ki Jawaani is in a rock/metal band Pentagram lol

yea, its the typical scenario with our rock bands...they have to indulge in such acts to stay commercially viable...George Peter, the front man of the Indian rock band 13-AD (once considered to be India's no#2 after Rock Machine/Indus Creed) can been seen on malayalam satellite channels singing mappilai pattus (malayali folk songs) and judging reality shows...unfortunately in India, rock music has a niche audience...here at Technopark in Trivandrum, they proudly announce rock concerts, when one actually shows up, the songs being played are from Tamil and Malayalam movies... :mad:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back