Good news for vinyl Lovers

The recent releases, Chhote Nawab and Bombay to Goa, state 'Digitally Mastered" on their covers.

What do they mean ? Since it has been copied digitally they mean that or have they enhanced the original sound ?
If its the latter then I would be worried, or worse, I sincerely hope it is not an audio CD recorded on Vinyl.

If anybody has these LPs or 'Apradh', I would appreciate their views and comments.
Thank you.

Means they are 12inch CD :p:p

Hi all,

Ordered this album today :

Flipkart.com: The Game: Music: English Vinyl

N.Murali

Hi Murali Sir,

Were you aware that this link was pointing to an Audio CD ? It says vinyl so I ordered it thinking it was for an LP. However, what has been delivered at my place is the Audio CD for The Game by Queen. I have raised the flag to Flipkart for this. Even the invoice says Product Type : Music Vinyl.

I would love to hear if you received the LP or the CD only ??

Regards
Kartick

I have lodged a complaint on their toll free number. I urge the others to do the same.

This is ridiculous !!

Hi Murali Sir,

Were you aware that this link was pointing to an Audio CD ? It says vinyl so I ordered it thinking it was for an LP. However, what has been delivered at my place is the Audio CD for The Game by Queen. I have raised the flag to Flipkart for this. Even the invoice says Product Type : Music Vinyl.

I would love to hear if you received the LP or the CD only ??

Regards
Kartick

Hi kartick,

Pl see their email:

Replacement and Pick up of Order Id [OD20201191958] [The Game - Music - Vinyl]
Inbox
x

flipkart.com [email protected]
11:07 AM (7 hours ago)

to me
Dear N MURALIDHARAN

Greetings from Flipkart.com!

ORDER ID: OD20201191958

ITEM: "The Game - Music - Vinyl"

This is regarding your request for the above mentioned product to be replaced. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience while we have worked out a replacement. The time taken for a product to be replaced is the same as appears on the website.

While we work towards arranging a pickup, we would appreciate if you could keep the product packed and in a condition to be reshipped. We request you to pack the product in the manufacturer's package and also include all the accessories (including the user manuals and warranty card) which were a part of the original consignment. Please do not use tape or any other adhesive over the bar code or on the product box.

Once packed, please mention this Return ID (58953) on the package and include the warehouse address mentioned below as the return address.

ToName: WS Retail Services Pvt Ltd
AttnName: Flipkart.com
Address: Unit No-109/109G, V-1Building, 1st Floor, Mehra Industrial Compound, Andheri-Kurla Road, Sakinaka
City: MH-MUMBAI State: IN-MHCountry: IND Pincode: 400072

Once a pick up is arranged, you will be contacted by the courier agent/agency. Should you have any questions and/or need more information, please feel free to contact us. In addition to replying to this email, you can call us on 1 800 102 3547 .
Thanks & Regards,
Preeti Shorey
Flipkart Customer Support

Unquote.

If they don't send the vinyl I would prefer a refund, since it was not my fault. They can't say the excuse, of not knowing its Vinyl or CD. My order is placed based on their website details and its their duty to honour my order placed.

Anyway I will keep this forum posted. I have also ordered a Imagine by John Lennon Vinyl. Keeping my fingers crossed.

N.Murali

Hi kartick,

Pl see their email:

Replacement and Pick up of Order Id [OD20201191958] [The Game - Music - Vinyl]
Inbox
x

flipkart.com [email protected]
11:07 AM (7 hours ago)

to me
Dear N MURALIDHARAN

Greetings from Flipkart.com!

ORDER ID: OD20201191958

ITEM: "The Game - Music - Vinyl"

This is regarding your request for the above mentioned product to be replaced. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience while we have worked out a replacement. The time taken for a product to be replaced is the same as appears on the website.

While we work towards arranging a pickup, we would appreciate if you could keep the product packed and in a condition to be reshipped. We request you to pack the product in the manufacturer's package and also include all the accessories (including the user manuals and warranty card) which were a part of the original consignment. Please do not use tape or any other adhesive over the bar code or on the product box.

Once packed, please mention this Return ID (58953) on the package and include the warehouse address mentioned below as the return address.

ToName: WS Retail Services Pvt Ltd
AttnName: Flipkart.com
Address: Unit No-109/109G, V-1Building, 1st Floor, Mehra Industrial Compound, Andheri-Kurla Road, Sakinaka
City: MH-MUMBAI State: IN-MHCountry: IND Pincode: 400072

Once a pick up is arranged, you will be contacted by the courier agent/agency. Should you have any questions and/or need more information, please feel free to contact us. In addition to replying to this email, you can call us on 1 800 102 3547 .
Thanks & Regards,
Preeti Shorey
Flipkart Customer Support

Unquote.

If they don't send the vinyl I would prefer a refund, since it was not my fault. They can't say the excuse, of not knowing its Vinyl or CD. My order is placed based on their website details and its their duty to honour my order placed.

Anyway I will keep this forum posted. I have also ordered a Imagine by John Lennon Vinyl. Keeping my fingers crossed.

N.Murali

I have had the most frustrating time today with Flipkart. I never thought that this day would come too where the most reputed website would make errors like this. I agree once in a while this sort of mistakes do happen but what the support I just received from Flipkart is ridiculous. This gentlemen Mr. Sujay R from Flipkart's techincal support team was hell bent to make me realize that it was my mistake and I had ordered for CD and that is what I got. None of the personnel at Flipkart knew what Vinyls are. One of them thought it to be the artist of the album. Then I informed him that the product type on the invoice clearly states that it is a Vinyl so he says I can not pull out any invoices for you. I mean imagine, a company not having invoices of the products being sold by it. Then he tells me to mail him a soft copy of the invoice. Which when I refused to do, he says I can arrange for a pick up and a replacement but I am telling you you would again be delivered a CD because our website says it is a CD. I asked him to transfer my call to his senior and after that my call was kept on hold for 10 minutes and he reverts by telling me his senior is very busy and would arrange for a call back within next 10 minutes. He goes on checking my order history and tells me when you had ordered the LPs earlier, what did you receive CDs or LPs?? I was stunned by the question.It has been an hour and no one has called me from Flipkart. This is what happened yesterday as well. I was promised that they would call me back but nothing happened. I can't understand why can't these ppl admit their mistakes?? Anyways I will have to call them and talk to them sweetly now.

Hi kartick,

After my last post, I have cancelled both the Vinyl orders, as the customer support has stated that there was a pricing error and they would refund the money to my credit card account.

Thats Flipkart Service. Hail Flipkart :clapping:

N.Murali

^^^ I also shot email at flipcart. Waiting for their response. I got CD delivered to me. I did not open it, kept intact as received.

Waiting for their reply.

Wow I was planning to order a few of the queen vinyl from flipkart thinking 3xx was cheap, shocked to hear they were cd's. Lucky to have missed this episode

Hi Guys

Just finished listening to

Rudaali
Sufiaana
Guru
Marasim
Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham

They all sound very good. No issues with any.
In Sufiaana the Shukran Allah from Kurbaan is not there. Instead there is O Re Piya by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan from Aaja Nachle.
Hi Prem,
I received my Sufiaana LP yesterday, fantastic compilation despite Shukran Allah not being there (I wanted it badly though). I hope they come out with Sufianna-2 with some more Sufi songs like:
Shukran Allah
Mere Maula
Ishq Sufiyana (both versions - Kamaal Khan & Shreya Ghosal)
Allah ke bande
Mann Ki Lagan
Ya Ali
etc...

Hi Prem ,

any idea if Devdas ost coming up in vinyl ? Devdas and Dil chahta Hain are two movies I would really love to listen in vinyl.
Thanks.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back