Good online store to pick up oppo digital DV 981H player

I tried. They have only used ones by thirdparty sellers.
Have oppo discontinued this model ? This was the most popular one with a faroudja chip.

Are you really bent on 981H ?, yes, they are discontinued now. You have only now Oppo 980, 983, and bdp. Last year, I got my 981H from uk (crtprojectors.co.uk), and they too are not selling 981 now, shame.

The PQ of 981 is awesome, but sound is only so-so. I think you would be better off with a 980 (great sound).

Yeah. The 980 is also ok. But how is the up scaling on this one ?
It seems they have stopped the 983 also.

Well, am not sure about the upscaling capabilities of 980, got rave reviews all over. I guess of 981 is not available anywhere, you have to buy only 980 then, unless if you're not thinking about any other brands.

Yeah may be stopped 983 production, but stocks left i think so. Have you seen a 981 in action, and you really liked it ?

Hi square,

The above reply was given without reading your post properly. I am sorry.
But i too think 980H will be a better choice caue it gives a balance between PQ and SQ. Got rave reviews about its ability to play Redbook CD's.

cheers,
sri

Which is a good online US site to pick up an oppo digital DV 981H player ?
The oppo digital website is not selling them anymore :mad:
OPPO Digital - Blu-ray and Up-Converting DVD Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer
I have someone visiting and want to ship this to him.

what are you looking to get with the 981?

Oppo's focus has shifted to top of the line audio and BluRay capabilities. They do not seem as interested in upscaling any more as a number of AVRs and TVs have started doing a good job on these. So, no place for 981 (which is only slightly better for video) and 983 (which was good for both vid and aud)

what are you looking to get with the 981?

Oppo's focus has shifted to top of the line audio and BluRay capabilities. They do not seem as interested in upscaling any more as a number of AVRs and TVs have started doing a good job on these. So, no place for 981 (which is only slightly better for video) and 983 (which was good for both vid and aud)

Okay it is like this.
I already have a separate 2-channel audio setup. Hence not too particular about the 2-channel audio capabilities of the dvd player.
My HT is more of a movie-lovers rig rather than a HT-O-Phile one. An old marantz stereo amp feeding AE bookshelf speakers and an 37inch lcd tv. I play games too here. More of a fun rig. My requirement is the following:
1. The best upscaling capabilities great video.
2. Was thinking of a blu ray player but it seems it will take a while for them to get popular. I rent most of my movies.
3. Do not want to spend more than 10k on this gadget.

I guess I could just go with the 980 if it does a good job with video :) And pick up a blu ray when they become very popular.

Hi SW,

if you need DVDp only for vid,pio610 is good AS available here.
Other can be CA DV99 just like oppo,good for music & mov.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back