Got a demo piece from Samsung and Reliance Digital

krishpiscean

Experts,

To start with, thanks for senitizing me of the demo pieces fraud aka scams by showrooms.

Recently I bought a Samsung 46" LCD from Reliance Digital, Hyd and they delivered a demo piece.

The clues that confirmed my doubt

1. No cover on the LCD screen (though it's there on the borders)
2. Finger prints on the LCD
3. Scratched sticker on the rear side
4. No specifications sticker on the left hand side border

I had a heated exchange with RD and they simply put the blame on Samsung dealer. They repeatedly said Samsung delivers the TVs directly to their godown based on their orders. Though RD complained to Samsung, finally unable to take my ducking sweet words (in native telugu) they replaced the LCD.

So, who should we trust, do Samsung also decieve customers with demo pieces or it's just a story from RD.

Can we reset the usage hours in the LCD service menu ?

As far as my experience with Big bazzar for samsung CRT, they delivered my set directly from their own warehouse & where they claimed the company deliveres in lot. I received a brand new (sealed)

I think the piece you got may was demoed first in showroom and sent back to storage for
unknown reason and was again delivered to you. I doubt company will send used / unpacked pieces through their QC process. Again this is my thinking.

Experts,

To start with, thanks for senitizing me of the demo pieces fraud aka scams by showrooms.

Recently I bought a Samsung 46" LCD from Reliance Digital, Hyd and they delivered a demo piece.

The clues that confirmed my doubt

1. No cover on the LCD screen (though it's there on the borders)
2. Finger prints on the LCD
3. Scratched sticker on the rear side
4. No specifications sticker on the left hand side border

I had a heated exchange with RD and they simply put the blame on Samsung dealer. They repeatedly said Samsung delivers the TVs directly to their godown based on their orders. Though RD complained to Samsung, finally unable to take my ducking sweet words (in native telugu) they replaced the LCD.

So, who should we trust, do Samsung also decieve customers with demo pieces or it's just a story from RD.

Can we reset the usage hours in the LCD service menu ?

Hi,

Samsung or any other brand for that matter does not follow that practice. The warehouse story is the same script most of the dealers use. I had the same experience with the samsung washing machine, the funny part is that they had delivered the same item we saw in the showroom, it had a slight crack, dirty and with fingerprints. It was from a popular home appliance chain in Anna Nagar, Chennai. After I confronting them by visiting the showroom and asking for the demo model, and literally threatening them, they replaced the demo piece with the new one with 2 days.

These are one of the bad sale tactics that they do to complete their sales target.

I recommend all of you at the time of purchase that you inquire about the delivery date and time and ask the manager to sign in the delivery date/time on the slip given to you and use credit card if you are taking the delivery later. Secondly, do inspect the time while taking delivery in front of the delivery guys or dont open the pack till the guys for demo open the package.

I have heard that entering the service manual will void the warranty, not sure how far that is true. This was told by the service guy who came to repair the panasonic LCD.
Cheers!

I think you simply got paranoid after reading articles in this forum. Having a few finger prints and minor scratches should not be considered a sign for demo piece.

Was there dust visible in joints or screw holes ?

Well atleast i haven't seen any finger prints on a sealed piece ,from tvs to other devices ,although i have seen micro scratches.
I doubt samsung would do that its mostly the dealer at fault.
which 46" samsung model is that.

I think you simply got paranoid after reading articles in this forum. Having a few finger prints and minor scratches should not be considered a sign for demo piece.

Was there dust visible in joints or screw holes ?

There was no dust in the screw holes but I felt there is a sticker which is scratched, this happens only when it is opened.

Well atleast i haven't seen any finger prints on a sealed piece ,from tvs to other devices ,although i have seen micro scratches.
I doubt samsung would do that its mostly the dealer at fault.
which 46" samsung model is that.

It's 46C530. New piece looks stunning and visuals with blu ray are awesome.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back