Got a Yamaha RX-V485. Need help selecting the speakers

aswinrulez

For a month or two, I have been researching setting up a home theatre system. The first thread is here.
I had decided to get Denon x250bt and Taga 506 set but yesterday, a relative of mine, gifted me a Yamaha RX-V485 which he ordered from ooberpad.

So now my doubt is which speaker set will go best with RX-V485 for a budget of 30k? I am also attaching pictures of my living room to help decide the right one.
The system will be for 90% movies and 10% music.

living room.jpeg
living room back.jpeg

Try with Monitor Radius 45cubes. Get 2 pairs of the same and a sub to start off. You can start with a 3.1 and later when you want may be you can add a bookshelf or a floor Stander to your front stage and use the cubes as surrounds.
One of the FM’s gave me these Cubes to try out and I was amazed at what these are capable of. Don’t go by the size, It can really compete with some of the big boys out there. All it needs is a sub and your movie watching experience is going to be great.

Regards,
Som

You can consider Polk TL 1600 5.1 speaker package, they are really good with Movies and currently retailing around 35K.

For a month or two, I have been researching setting up a home theatre system. The first thread is here.
I had decided to get Denon x250bt and Taga 506 set but yesterday, a relative of mine, gifted me a Yamaha RX-V485 which he ordered from ooberpad.

So now my doubt is which speaker set will go best with RX-V485 for a budget of 30k? I am also attaching pictures of my living room to help decide the right one.

View attachment 52511
you cView attachment 52513
You can start with LCR with subwoofer than add the surrounds later. There are fewer options under 30k .
You can go for an audition for all the available brands under your budget and then decide.

View attachment 52511
View attachment 52513

Here are some

Check with different dealers as pricing would be different. Also if budget is tight, there are good options over OLX

I remembered seeing Eltax 5.0 speakers somewhere in one of the posts. Those would come around 30k.

Also saw monoprice has 5.1 speakers that would fit the budget.

Do audition if possible. I haven't heard those personally.

Please try to audition Elac Cinema 5.1 Speaker package. You'll have to increase your budget by few thousands but vocal clarity esp. for movies is better than other speaker packages in the price range.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back