Got LG PJ350R

jan

Hi all,

I got LG 42" PJ350R today. Got the same for 39500 with emi from LG shoppe (Lanmark showroom was ready to give for 38000 but ready cash only:sad:). In thrissur only two shops are dealing with plasmas so didn't had much options regarding price.

Initially was going to purchase 32 nx400 for 43000. Thanks to all inputs shared by every one. Special thanks to anoopes. I am not that much of an expert in PQ measurements but really happy with my purchase. SIZE DOES MATTER.. :yahoo: counting down to be in full swing.. 99.. 98..

BTW
Lg doesn't provide a wall bracket! It wasn't included in the bundle. LG people will be coming home tomorrow for wall mounting. How much it will coast. any ideas. some one plz help.. and do i really need a stabilizer/AVR..?

Lg doesn't provide a wall bracket! It wasn't included in the bundle. LG people will be coming home tomorrow for wall mounting. How much it will coast. any ideas. some one plz help.. and do i really need a stabilizer/AVR..?

Congrats on your purchase.

The wall bracket is never provided in the box. The tech should come by and install it for free.
As for the stabilizer - I use a UPS with doubles up as a surge protector. Hasn't failed me yet.

thanks for the replay. Which UPS are you using .. Will normal Computer UPS do the thing for me..?

Thanks..
I sure will. BTW can i use normal computer UPS for my TV..?

Firstly congrats.

No. dont use computer UPS for TV... Go thru the threads in this forum for UPS/Stabilizer related posts. Pretty sure you will find the answer.

hi,
did you compare lg350 against samsung 42c450??
i am confused as to which to buy.lg,samsung or panasonic.

offers
lg pj350 :38.5k
samsung 42c450 : 47k

hi,
did you check panasonic x20 before deciding lg.

here lg people are giving only 1 year warranty,panasonic is offering 3year

i have got the following offers
lg 42 pj 350 R : 38.5 k (usb don't support hd videos)
panasonic x 20 : 40 k (only sd card option)
samsung 42c450 : 47 k (usb plays all movie format including hd videos as claimed by dealer)

i am confused.need ur support because i am planning to buy this week end.
dj.

BTW can i use normal computer UPS for my TV..?

Hi

I too own a 42 LG PJ350R which is really good and I have been using APC 600 computer UPS for last 4 years (for my previous 32 Panny LCD) and for this one now, so for no problem and I am using it only for switching off the set when there is a power failure.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sub

Hi Jan congrats on the new purchase. The latest LG 2010 plasmas are really good value for money. I recently picked up a 50PJ560 plasma and have been enjoying it. You may see my setup on the "My A/V Setup" thread. I am yet to add the links to my signature.

Enjoy your TV. Make sure you keep the brightness, contrast and colour less than 50 for the 1st 150 hours or so. If you take a bit of care, plasmas are superb and will give you a long life too.

---Venkat

hi,
did you compare lg350 against samsung 42c450??
i am confused as to which to buy.lg,samsung or panasonic.

offers
lg pj350 :38.5k
samsung 42c450 : 47k

In thrissur we don't have much options with Plasmas. Hence didin't got a chance to look at samsung c450. May be you can find out minor difference in blacks or colors in the samy one. But, if i were you i will get a Good media player and speakers with the additional 10k. Moreover Service wise LG leads a mile than others.

hi,
did you check panasonic x20 before deciding lg.

here lg people are giving only 1 year warranty,panasonic is offering 3year

i have got the following offers
lg 42 pj 350 R : 38.5 k (usb don't support hd videos)
panasonic x 20 : 40 k (only sd card option)
samsung 42c450 : 47 k (usb plays all movie format including hd videos as claimed by dealer)

i am confused.need ur support because i am planning to buy this week end.
dj.

Don't stress too hard on USB supporting more formats. You can surely buy a good DVD player with usb option and plays almost all formats in 5k. Then why do you want to spend around 10k for the reason that usb plays more formats.

Better go for the LG or panasonic (if its offering good ASS) and buy a good Media player. Don't worry too much, as all of these are good models and will give you good PQ.

Once again, if i were you i will get a Good media player and speakers with the additional 10k.

Hope this helps..

Cheers..

Thanks sub and Venkat

Now i am going to use my UPS. saved some bucks..:yahoo:

I already have gone through all of your posts in last 2-3 weeks as part of my Research. Thanks a lot for sharing..

BTW i have been watching movies from my laptop through RGB cable (video in Fullsceen mode). Hope that will not cause any IR or other issues...

Last edited:
Brought LG 42 PJ350R today for 38K with Tatasky HD free. Couldn't resist myself after seeing it on display in comparison to others.

BTW, I went to the shop planning to buy a 32'' LCD, but changed my mind after I saw this 42 inch LG.

At first glance, I thought it's a LCD as brightness was way too high from plasma's standards.

It will be installed tomorrow.

for 38K you could have gone for 42PJ560 which has 10 speakers. But seeing as you have already bought PJ350.............. congratulations anyway..

for 38K you could have gone for 42PJ560 which has 10 speakers. But seeing as you have already bought PJ350.............. congratulations anyway..

I was not aware of this series at all as I didn't research much. But when I saw the quality of this plasma and the price tag I was completely sold, so made a spontaneous decision.

I didn't like plasmas much but when I saw it next to LG's LE5500 LED side by side I felt that it's quality is not so bad and for viewing distance of 15 feet I couldn't tell any difference between them at all.

congdats buddy and chk the power comsumtion of the tv and get a computer ups accordingly for the same .. 400va/600va or more...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back