got optoma hd 20 in india

2nd Home

I think you should avoid a projector at the lovely place like Karjat, it is better that you focus to enjoy the nature and relax as per your original plan.

You can always watch a lot of movies during the week-days in your den at Mumbai. In-fact on a Monday you can watch 2 movies instead of 1 movie which you see daily.

In event if you go for a portable projector then there is no need to carry it to and fro because of it's fragile nature.

To go for pocket projector will not be wise as you are used to better quality of projector.

Furthermore to set up a movie via projector, you will settle for lower quality of screen, speakers etc, so i will repeat maybe it is not worth the move to watch movies at your 2nd home too.

V.

hi, all pj freinds.
wanted to get some info on portable pjs
i have a farm house at karjat .nr lonavla.
i go there on week ends & enjoy nature.
i have a spare room on 1st floor. of my house. room size 30x10 ft approx .
visiting this sunday i realized that this place can b suitable for a small mini theater.
few questions arised with that. ?
which projector suitable for traveling? to &fro. (portable).
any portable pj capable of handling shocks, as i may carry it on my car seat.
i want to connect ups as well voltage is genrly low in karjat .(500va) Apc
thinking of a inverter or a protable generator too.
i may keep the cables fixed. on casing strip.
thinking of a small 5.1 ht (seen panasonic)with dvd or compact Bdp system or any other suggestion .
i might carry the amp, spks, pj with me.
screen can b a painted wall. or in case i buy a entry level cheap . map type.
hows pocket pjs ? any body used them for movies.
thks .

hi, all
one query i have seen many bd movies at my place.
all gave a superb video quallity. i watched fast & furious 5 on reliance home video
the colour quality, sharpness was good but not compared to other bd movies.i played another bd - i hate luv story , singham, , body gard ,dark knight color quality was amazing.
my question is why f&f5 gave slight decline color quality ? not impresive
why is the diff ? did any of our forum frnd face this kind of prob.
not with f&f 5 with some other movies.
what could b the reason. ?
thks

hi. vinay so sorry i did not mention the post no
it was for this post no 37
thks in adv for ur guidance...

Blue Ray Disc

mrunalrane,

I use only a media player to watch movies in 1080P, the files being 6 to 12GB.

Therefore i do not have the opportunity to comment on blue ray disc qualities.

V.

Hey Buddy,

I am in the same boat as you were... did you finally only make use of 3 arms or figured a way how to use all 4 screw holes on the HD20. I tried hard but can only get to use three mount arms using 3 small holes on HD20...

and is it safe to mount pj on only three screws?

Any one who can share some gyan will be helpful :)

Regards,
Naren

dear george,
u mean that u fixed a plate to the four arms of the celling mount ,
and drilled fresh holes on the plate to match the pjs hole
is that u mean?
am i right as i dont want to take a big risk of pj falling down with those small screw holes
thks for ur guidance in adv....

hi naren posting u sum pictures for celing mount.
have fixed only 3 scrws 2 small 1 big in centre.
these pict might help u a lot.
rgrds

Attachments

• 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 071.jpg
    071.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 114
  • 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 115
It doesnt matter you fix only 3 screws or 4, which ever you fix it should be tight and secure. Didnt you notice the mount is having only 2 screws at the top portion.
More over PJ is very light weight.

One alternative approach is to have a base plate and fix it to the mount and mount the PJ to the plate.

Hi All, I'm sorry to be reviving this post. I have a question.

How did you manage the power? Did you get some sort of adapter to convert to 110v 60Hz?

Please let me know

I got HD 20 from the US and it worked in India without any power converter.. also on back of it it clearly had written that it will work for 100 - 240 volts so does not need any converter so long as its between that range.

Also see the link below, its a US website and shows the specs of HD20, you can clearly see that it will work on 220V without any convertor.

http://www.projectorpeople.com/projectors/projdtls.asp?itemid=24765&itmname=Optoma+HD20

Thanks..that is good to know:)

Just to confirm, my relative is getting it from USA..will it have the same rating?

Last edited:
How can we get a service and replacement lamp for 'out of warranty' HD20 in India?

For service go to this site to get address of service provider nearest to you-

::: Welcome to Optoma Asia :::

For replacement lamp, do a google search first. Get the technical name of the lamp, and then you can buy it from Amazon.

For example I have Optoma HD141x, the replacement lamp can be purchased here-

http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-SP-8VH...8&qid=1420310188&sr=8-4&keywords=SP.8VH01GC01

For service go to this site to get address of service provider nearest to you-

::: Welcome to Optoma Asia :::

For replacement lamp, do a google search first. Get the technical name of the lamp, and then you can buy it from Amazon.

For example I have Optoma HD141x, the replacement lamp can be purchased here-

Amazon.com: Optoma SP.8VH01GC01 P-VIP 190W Lamp Projector Accessory: Electronics

Thanks for spending some time and replying to me.

I am looking for first-hand information. I did search Google. I did found lamp at Amazon.com. As per the reviews, there are bad quality lamps out there (even at Amazon). I am trying to find lamp in India as of now. Optoma website does not list any service center in India. Although, I have arrange contact information of some people who appear to be distributors.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back