got optoma hd 20 in india

Thanks for spending some time and replying to me.

I am looking for first-hand information. I did search Google. I did found lamp at Amazon.com. As per the reviews, there are bad quality lamps out there (even at Amazon). I am trying to find lamp in India as of now.

If you click the Amazon link I gave, you will see that the replacement is an original lamp supplied by Optoma.

You can also go to this site- OptomaUSA Online Store -- Lamps, Pico Accessories, Projectors, Accessories

Optoma HD20
During a movie, there was a sound from projector that could be a spark. Now no LED lights up after HD20 gets the power. There are BURN MARKS on one of the bulb connector. It is loose, but not completely disconnected.

Got the update from service center:

1. Power board to be replaced for INR 5600.

2. Complete bulb with housing assembly to be replaced FOR 12000.
The second cost is not justified because the only problem is the burnt connector (as told to me). See the picture.

Please guide. Is there any workaround to replace this burnt connector, rather than purchasing the complete assembly?

IMG_20180923_110429_2s.jpg

Thats pretty steep for repairing something so old.
Anyway, if its only the connector then you could probably just take off the burnt connector plug, remove some insulation from the wire and solder it to the pin directly (or attach it and secure with tape). This aint a good idea but given the age of your projector, makes no sense paying such an amount for repairs.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back