Great customer experience with Tata sky !

kittu8_in2002

I ordered my TS HD set top box , and by this evening it was done :). great news guys !this was super fast as per my expectations .I keep reading almost all the posts by people...keep up the good work :yahoo:

Any ways any 1 has any idea how to enter inside the system settings in TS HD.:rolleyes:

I ordered on sat and they said they will install on monday. No update from them as yet. I think your case might be an exception.

I ordered on sat and they said they will install on monday. No update from them as yet. I think your case might be an exception.

I had ordered on Friday. I had to remind them yesterday and they politely said they will call when they can! I didn't expect anything better. Still waiting.

i just said i am going outstation this Wednesday,and they did installation on time .giving fundas at time works ! i wish all of u get it done and support tea india in HD.. Yahooooooooooo !!

I too had a great experience with the installation of tata Sky plus HD. I had ordered one set top box with COD and got a call about 30 minutes later for installation. I was out of town to told them to change the schedule to the next day. In the meantime I called them and ordered one more box for a multi room installation.

Next day the installer came with two TataSky Plus HD DVR's. Installation hardware was as follows.
1. 1 Dish
2. 1 LNB with four outputs. Very impressive. No switch etc required.
3. 2 wires to the bedroom, 2 wires to the living room.

During setup he attached a splitter for programming activation and then eventually connected two separate wires to the Receiver.

Very clean and professional installation. Very happy with the service. Love the DVR capability. I don't have any issues with the quality.

They charged 200 Rs for additional wiring. I had paid for one year for mega pack and he activated all together. No issues faced with any setup.

So how much do u guys think u will rate it... the installation process! please rate it in a scale of 10 !

this will make the pic clear::

i rate it 10/10 ( on TS commitment ):clapping: please raise your voice and vote it.:cool:

9/10. This is only because during activation, tata sky systems were down and it took him 2 hours to activate. He completed the installation. Left and came back after two hours. But the installation was done very professionally along with wiring.

I believe its unfair for 9/10 but I had to as the systems were down.

I will rate it at 5/10. I had to threaten cancellation yesterday night. This morning the installation is done!

The installation was pretty quick and neat. Have connected my TV using HDMI. Sound is still 2Ch to my old Philips 3152 HTIB.

Post-installation, i was able to add the HD package online and it was enabled instantaneously. I still have doubts on why the Sports channels are not seen. I have seen some other threads where there is some confusion on what is free for the first month. Will have to call TS and check.

HD PQ is fantastic. SD is slightly worse than Airtel but bearable mostly. I think over time i will stop watching SD channels completely!

tata sky has great service for sure. I would rate them 10/10 on installation, but 7/10 on commitment as they initially committed it to be done on monday.
HDMI to projector has considerably improved sd content quality.

Here:

Organiser > System setting > 0000 > press submit > Satelitte setting > ok > ok > ok

strange mine got installed on 15th and doesnt have satellite setting in system setting and no password is being asked :mad:

Great goof up by Tata sky

Hi!
I had ordered the HD set top box and the Tata sky field team came today for installation . Note that I already have a standard Tata sky set top box.

The events went this way-

1130 am -the technicians come.
I tell them that the dish will be same .Since I am a existing customer I would like to avail the monthly offer of flat INR 150 as subscription for the HD set top box.

1200 noon - The installation is complete and software down loaded for the new HD set top box. I am asked which Set top box to be primary . I tell them that retain the standard set top box as primary as it is the first and existing one.

The technician speaks to his office about activation and tells me that that is not possible and I have to make the HD one as primary.
I am confused as I had asked the same thing to customer care ,a day prior and I objected. But then had to concede with their way. O,k fine till now no issues.

So now the process has started of transferring the balance amount to the new HD box account . But that failed some how. The Technician with consultation with his office removes the digisim card from my standard /existing box and puts it in the new HD one and matches the IDs and starts the HD one as primary connection.
Then he tries to put the new digisim in the old set top box and initiates activation of it as a secondary connection.

1215- the secondary/ existing connection goes dead.He takes money and assures me that this is a minor problem and will be restored in next 15 minutes as their office will do the needful.

1400 - I call up customer care . They tell me that I have only one Hd connection , There is no secondary connection.I tell them all about the morning's events and they assure me that within 48 hrs all will be resolved.

1700 - Both set top boxes are dead.:sad:

I have again called the customer care and have requested them to forget clubbing and make two different connections. Lets see.

Cheers,

Naj

Last edited:
3. 2 wires to the bedroom, 2 wires to the living room.

Two years back they required two wires while setting up the +STB. Last week when I asked them to shift the old box upstairs, where I had an ordinary STB,expecting him to run a double wire, the guy cooly attaches a splitter type of attachment and said double wiring is not required, said two wires was as per old technique ! I have not got my replacement Tv so am not able to check if the new attachment really works....

Last edited:
naj, keep on calling them and try to speak with senior officer, same id will be good , connection on seperates ID have no benfits. and yes they will clear this within 48 hrs, they did mine :)

10/10 for me too. Installation done in 15 minutes from start to finish. I have had TS for 4 years and always received excellent customer service from them. Hope this post doesn't jinx it!

Back