GROUP BUY - Oem mini bookshelf speaker

magma

Hi

A couple of members were looking for small bookshelf speakers
http://www.hifivision.com/wanted/63558-small-bookshelf-speakers-2.html

I had by chance come across a very good sounding mini speaker that I had purchased a couple months ago from a distributor known well to me.
I recommended the same on a post here
http://www.hifivision.com/wanted/63558-small-bookshelf-speakers-2.html

a couple more FMs PMed me about it
This spawned the idea of this group buy

Though many details are given in the above link some information was still missing
Which I am posting below

The speaker on offer is a product of a brand house in the US called OEM
They incidentally are also oem manufacturers for a couple well know brands as well

The speaker in my opinion is a pocket rocket with excellent tone , a smooth midrange and accurate top end . For a speaker this size the bass is surprisingly accurate and unstrained .

For a person looking for an alternative/secondary but intimate sounding setup in a small den or bedroom , this speaker offers really good value especially considering its size and portability .

The speaker fills a 11*13 ft room with ease needing nothing more than 20w to drive it decently we'll.I have it setup using a t-amp ( topping ) which are availble for a song on eBay
However I have heard it play better with a 35$ Dayton amp whcich actually can run off just 4 pencil cells in case you don't have an ac source to connect it making it super for traveling
Link here
https://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Audio-DTA-1-Digital-Amplifier/dp/B001PNOH2I

A person having a 10000 rs budget ( amp + speaker ) would be hard pressed not to consider this as a very solid option

The size of the speaker is very similar to the JBL control 1 which Infact is its direct competitor in this segment
This speaker plays far better than its JBL counterpart and would give many budget speakers a run for their money at double it's price
The actual dimensions are 5"(D) 5.5"(W) 8"(H)

The speaker has a 4 inch paper cone with a 1 inch tweeter and a front firing port
It is rated at a max rms of 60w and nominal 30 wats
Impedance is 8 ohms

Some pictures of the speaker I own are attached below

MWhujkg.jpg

a0zLink.jpg

k8QP7SJ.jpg

gIVdmcr.jpg

5FOLuZb.jpg

The speaker is suitable to be wall mounted ( in fact the manufacturers recommends placement close to the rear wall for added bass reinforcement ) using a custom L bracket that can be very easily DIYed (I can help on this front if needed)

The speaker is offered at rs 7500 plus shipping and ships with speaker cable and it's own box with the oem packing

I would like to complete the group buy by the 10th of July so all speakers can be shipped together .

Intrested members can post their confirmations on this thread so as to give count

I would appreciate discussion on this thread only concerning this speaker without drifting into comparisons or "what ifs" and "maybes" etc ( you may start another thread for that)
It's pretty simple - this is a group buy thread
Pertinent questions are welcome from intrested members

Last edited:
Thanks Magma, can you please share a few more things like:
Picture of backend of the speaker
Does it have spring clips or screw type connector for speaker wire?
Could it be suitable to be used as rare/surround speaker with AVR?
What is the frequency range supported by this speaker?
Speaker cabinet body is made of MDF or any other material?

Speaker binding are spring clips
Body is fibre grill is metal
Freq range I will have to confirm

Would do well as a surround

Rear of speaker
1RpSNrm.jpg

Hi Magma,

Please share the Approx Landing cost of Speakers (Only) to Bangalore.I would be interested to Buy the Speaker to match with an Vintage Amplifier.

landed cost is rs 8150 incl of all taxes shipping ( wherever GATI or DTDC has delivery )

They are
No issues in using them
Close to your PC or close range listening

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back