Guidance with entry level subwoofer for home theater!

subhobh

People - One of my 'non-audiophile' friend outside the forum needs guidance on buying an entry level subwoofer (under 30k INR) for his home theater! Here are his shortlisted options:

1. Sonodyne Roarr 210 Subwoofer (Black Finish)

2. Subwoofer : Sonodyne Sub S8 Powered Subwoofer

3. Boston Acoustics ASW 650 Subwoofer

4 Subwoofer : Taga Harmony TSW-200 Active Subwoofer

5. Wharfedale PowerCube SPC-8 Subwoofer

I recommended 'Taga Harmony' followed by 'Sonodyne Roarr'. No idea how good are they actually.

What do you all think is bang for the buck?? Has anyone got to audition them ever? I have never used any sub and don't need much, so definitely not the best person to guide him, so definitely need input. My friend is following this thread though!

wharfedale SW 150 is supposed to be very nice. It should be available on hifimart.com

it falls in the ballpark range of the budget and i assume the room is moderately large.

as you are aware, the room is everything ( almost )

The SW 150 they say is nice at music too they say

regards

Any suggestions for a good subwoofer under the budget of 30K to 32K.
Was thinking about SVS SB/PB 1000, but seems the price is now raised to 45K (before it was quoted 40K in Htstore Bangalore) Now this is out of my budget, so no point looking at it.
Have been hearing good reviews about Velodyne Impact 10 and 12 Subs and some Wharfedale Subs
Is there any subwoofer which can hit low frequency as low as 25Hz freq and below.
Currently I own a Yamaha AVR RX479, Wharfedale Diamond 220 BS and 10CC and yet to set the rears.
Please advice.

Hi

Boston Acoustics ASW650 is good, I used it for more than a year.....goes down to 28hz and works up till 150z...this is a 10 inch front firing

There is BIC America F12...... 24hz - 200hz 150w continuous, 450 peak....12 inch front firing , rear ported.....

These are good, if you have budget for SVS or Velodyne,, go ahead...

Sunfire Sub owners,

Can you please suggest SDS 12 for a living room size 12ft x 17ft. Do you think will it be a over kill.
I am looking for a tight bass, not boom boom or muddy. My preference is Music/Movie 50%/50%.
SDS 12 is available for 35k which includes shipment along with 3 meter cable. Kindly suggest.

I have not listened to Sunfire subs, but i have auditioned Velodyne impact 12 from HT store, bangalore, it is good and available for Rs. 34,000/-.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back