Guide to cartridge setup, mechanical adjustments & LP cleaning

Anil kumar

TTanimation.gif

If the mechanical adjustments and alignments of
turntable, cartridge and arm have been made correctly, even the simplest turntable and cartridge can bring joy

After tweak the main area of improvement is in bass, which gains great punch, solidity and detail. This modification also makes the midrange and treble smoother, more transparent and more dynamic tracking at all frequencies is improved too. The end result is a more substantial & open sound.

It might take a while, but it does not cost much and the improvements are well worth it, so TWEAK UP.

Here s a few handy hints on how to set your cartridge up to get it really singing.

Guide to cartridge setup:

1. Cartridge Setup

2. Mechanical adjustments and alignments

3. Turntable mat function & selection

4. Record cleaning / DIY Liquid & Storage

good post! one piece of literature that stood out for me was the sumiko blackbird manual, downloadable from the sumiko website. superb cartridge set up guide. i had found it while researching sumiko carts and was also recommended it by the previous owner of my turntable.

regards

thank you so much for this.

would you know of any repair place in Delhi (or someone who can advise me, if not in Delhi) on my Sony PS4300. the mechanism that allows the auto lowering of the arm onto the record seems to have busted.

this seems some gel or fluid based dampner.

Ashok, have a word with Mr Shyam Sunder of Beauty Electronics, 4,Ajit Arcade, Kailash Colony-Mob 9810421900 & 29231053.
He's a pretty experienced & resourceful guy, may be able to help out.
Anil thats a pretty good link-people with TT's would find it quite useful.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back