Guys...Plz comment on my decided 5.1 setup and the price quote received...!!!

argurpreet321

Hi Guys...
I needed a 5.1 setup and an AVR for a 9' x 16.5' room...
Have auditioned the Polk Tsi300, Jamo S 426 HCS 3, PSb, B&W 685 bookshelves, KEF and some Paradigm speakers (don't remember the model).
Still have to audition Wharfedale...will be going tomorrow...

In the meantime have almost decided on the following package from the ones I have already auditioned...
Please leave your expert comments and opinions on my choice...Also how do you guys rate KEF as a brand and choice over Wharfedales...
My usage would be 70% music and 30% movies...
My budget is max 1.25 lakh...
Also suggest if I can get anything better in my budget than the choice i have made...

My current top choice:

KEF Q 500 front floor standers : 54,000/-mrp
C6-LCR centre: 13,500/-mrp
C1 surrounds: 14,000/-mrp
PSW 110 subwoofer: 15,000/-mrp

AVR Denon 2113: 50,000/-mrp

Total comes out to : 1,46,500/-

After discounts have been offered a price of Rs.1,24,000/- plus cabling...

Do guide me as to how to proceed. DOes Denon pair well with KEF and is the 2113 a good choice. Will audition Wharfedales...n update my views on the thread....Meanwhile plz give your views....:clapping:

in my opinion, on an average, KEF trumps wharfedale easily and by a big margin. though you need to check the specific model.

skip the sub for the time being, add it to the main speakers cost. get the best mains you can get.

polk audio Rti a7, paradigm monitor 7 and Monitor 9 are some you should consider.
Also if you check other threads, there r various other brands in the 50k category that a lot of folks here recommend. E.g Dali, monitor audio, etc.
The polks Tsi series is crap. You should listen to the Rti a5/a7. With an A7 imho, you will never need a sub.
Wharfedale's wont be good enough against the speakers above if ur prime requisite is music.
You should probably read this thread - http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/28595-suggestion-required-avr-speakers-1-5lakh.html

polk audio Rti a7, paradigm monitor 7 and Monitor 9 are some you should consider.
Also if you check other threads, there r various other brands in the 50k category that a lot of folks here recommend. E.g Dali, monitor audio, etc.
The polks Tsi series is crap. You should listen to the Rti a5/a7. With an A7 imho, you will never need a sub.
Wharfedale's wont be good enough against the speakers above if ur prime requisite is music.
You should probably read this thread - http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/28595-suggestion-required-avr-speakers-1-5lakh.html
Thanks fr the suggestions bro...
I will try to listen to monitor audio along with wharfedale tomorrow...Which wharfedale speakers come in a range parallel to Q500 from KEF....? And any chances of knowing the price...? Thanks...

Thanks fr the suggestions bro...
I will try to listen to monitor audio along with wharfedale tomorrow...Which wharfedale speakers come in a range parallel to Q500 from KEF....? And any chances of knowing the price...? Thanks...

10.6, but for music i would still say the kef is better.
the 10.6 to my ears r gr8 HT speakers but then here is the thing. At just above 50k you get the 10.6 and the rtia7 and the Rti is better than the 10.6. Here is a certainty for which i can stick my neck out. Between the rtia7 and the kef or dali or any other brand, you decide.

There is 1 more thing, every dealer that i visited, insisted that the treble spike on kef's is very high and it leads to fatigue etc. When i heard the kef Q300, i didnt feel so. My paradigms too sounded gr8 at the showroom, but at home they seem a bit lacking from what i heard in the showroom. The point im trying to make here is, in showrooms the acoustics r done, wiring, amps used, pre/power amps r used etc which r exactly how it should be. You might not be able to replicate the same @ ur home. Since my 90% usage is movies, i aint feeling too much of a pinch here, for a music setup you just might.

Also by personal experience let me tell you that the source too is very imp. You might be making a 1.25 lac system, but u will need an equally qualified source to play your music. I hope you have made additional arrangements for the same or is it part and parcel of the 1.25l budget?

10.6, but for music i would still say the kef is better.
the 10.6 to my ears r gr8 HT speakers but then here is the thing. At just above 50k you get the 10.6 and the rtia7 and the Rti is better than the 10.6. Here is a certainty for which i can stick my neck out. Between the rtia7 and the kef or dali or any other brand, you decide.

There is 1 more thing, every dealer that i visited, insisted that the treble spike on kef's is very high and it leads to fatigue etc. When i heard the kef Q300, i didnt feel so. My paradigms too sounded gr8 at the showroom, but at home they seem a bit lacking from what i heard in the showroom. The point im trying to make here is, in showrooms the acoustics r done, wiring, amps used, pre/power amps r used etc which r exactly how it should be. You might not be able to replicate the same @ ur home. Since my 90% usage is movies, i aint feeling too much of a pinch here, for a music setup you just might.

Also by personal experience let me tell you that the source too is very imp. You might be making a 1.25 lac system, but u will need an equally qualified source to play your music. I hope you have made additional arrangements for the same or is it part and parcel of the 1.25l budget?
Oh I am sorry man....meant to ask you which Monitor audio speakers come in a range parallel to Q500 from KEF... and their price...As for the source...I have a normal Samsung DVD player, a ps3...I normally play blu rays etc. from the ps3...and music from either the ps3 or my hard drive....or itunes...this was till now...Will see in the future...but the 1.25 L budget does not include this....

Oh I am sorry man....meant to ask you which Monitor audio speakers come in a range parallel to Q500 from KEF... and their price...As for the source...I have a normal Samsung DVD player, a ps3...I normally play blu rays etc. from the ps3...and music from either the ps3 or my hard drive....or itunes...this was till now...Will see in the future...but the 1.25 L budget does not include this....

i havent auditioned monitor audio speakers so wont comment on the same.
Source is imp, i have a ps3 myself and a pioneer dvd player and the music sounded good till i happen to once connect a marantz cd player. Made a world of a difference.

Also do consider a yamaha or Marantz avr. To my ears marantz and yamaha are more musical than denon amps.

u shud really try dali..if not, buy the wharferdale diamond 10.. they are amazing.. pair well with a denon AVR.. choice between 2113 , 2313 etc is yours depending on your budget constraints... also, why arent u buying a projector to go with this ? get a epson TW6100.. ull get it for about a lakh of rupees.. its kick ass.. shud complete ur total package :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back