Has any one auditioned Jamo D 590 recently?

While giving any suggestions need to see the budget ..

Why not try google to check prices

Zu Audio | A Revolution in American HiFi

Bookshelf costs US$ 1500 -- are those Jamo are same price bracket?

You can get them in India for double the US price. I checked with the India dealer for Zu. The same Zu bookshelf cost around 1.3L in India after customs and duty!.

Jamo D590 is around 94K.

I am a Jamo fan however drivers have progressed considerably since the d590 days John.

The d590 is a design from early 90's and used to be named model 707 prior to the renaming in 2000's. The driver designs are very very old and the 8" driver at the bottom is not upto mark.

In fact I would even suggest the Jamo c807 over the d590.

Sure sir.

I am auditioning C807 this weekend.

I am planning to pair it with Roksan Kandy K2 and compare it with Marantz 7004. I am auditioning Roksan after reading rave reviews about them on the net.

Hi,

It was quite a while back I did the audition. As far as I remember, they were pretty good speakers. Better than D590 when I did a A-B comparison. Good bass and details. However, it didn't impress me a lot. Because some of my old recording sounded very bad in them. The speakers sounded great with good recording. Since I have quite a bit of old recording and vinyls, I wanted a speaker that sounded fine with old recordings.

I almost finalized on getting a pair of Zu Omen Defs from US. I listened to them and they seem to fit my requirements pretty well.

Thanks,
John.

D 590 are one of the classics! They were very good when I heard them two years ago. Brilliant detailing and punch. They are 4 ohm and need a powerful, dynamic amplifier. Jamo had to relaunch them duet to popular demand. Highly recommended. And they are a good match to neutral and bright amps.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Thinking of buying a pair of floorstanders...
My options are
1. Wharfedale 10.7 with denon 1713
2. Jamo c607 with denon 1713
3. jamo d590 with devon 2113
4. Wharfedale 159 with devon 2113

any suggestions??

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back