Has anyone heard of a UPS brand named Compact

dr.arun

I was looking for an online 3kva UPS for my HT Setup . Gave enquiry in Indiamart and got this quote . They are saying 25,500+ gst for 3kva with one year warranty . Eaton have me 34,000+gst . Thats a huge difference . Has anyone heard of this Brand compact . Is it reliable and durable ?

10-12 k difference in price .
Enquired about service . It's available locally through partners (Trivandrum) . Spoke with them just to confirm. Negotiated for a 2yr warranty. Will go ahead if they agree

APC/Eaton is a reputed brand and reliable, better stick to those brands. That said, I wonder you even don't need a 3 KVA UPS for a typical HT set-up but 1 KVA.

APC/Eaton is a reputed brand and reliable, better stick to those brands. That said, I wonder you even don't need a 3 KVA UPS for a typical HT set-up but 1 KVA.
True, I too went for a 3KVA setup and have my entire room (Audio Setup + PC Setup , Bulbs , Fan) and have never seen the usage exceed 40-41%. 2KVA should suffice even if you want to run the entire room sans the AC on the Online UPS.

Will 1KVA do ? 700 watts for AVR itself .
Huge price difference with Eaton too
Watt and VA are not linearly connected, so 700W doesn't translate to 700VA but around 250/300 VA. Besides, 80% of the time, only the Centre channel is in Action; thus, typically, the AVR load won't even cross 200 VA.

APC/Eaton will be costly because they employ the best design/components in their UPS. In an Online UPS, it's the Inverter/EMI circuit that makes all the difference. If you go with a sub-par brand, UPS will create enough electrical noise picked up by the AV chain producing an audible humming noise.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back