Hello, thanks for having me over.

mittal

Hello to all the fellow music lovers.

Nishant here, aged 23. Currently situated in Bangalore.

I am deeply interested in Indian pop/jazz/rock/bizarre music records from the 50s to the 90s, as well as world music records from around the world. I run a radio show called 'The Home And The World' on New Delhi's online radio channel called boxout.fm, in which I showcase Indian music and music from other countries as well.

Currently own about 400+ records.

My current set up is a Numark TT USB, and a pair of basic speakers, which I mostly use to digitalise records.

Thanks,
Nishant

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Nishant!
Good to have you on here and look forward to seeing some music recommendations from you.

Regards

Welcome Nishant
Thank you!

Forums --> Source Material -> Music
Cheers,
Raghu
Thanks Raghu!

Welcome Nishant. There’s a music forum: https://www.hifivision.com/forums/music.23/

Given your description, you must have enjoyed Ananda Shankar’s works. Looking forward to suggestions by you in a genre of mutual interest.
Hello Sachin,

I am a huge fan of Ananda Shankar. Was just listening to his album Temptations last night on cassette. Such a shame it never released on vinyl, hence making the album less known compared to his others.

An
I am working as Principal Scientist in Philips Medical Research. My work is primarily the field of Radiology which involves mathematical modeling of diseases and conditions in Neurology, Pulmonology and other related areas. I hold about a dozen patents in different areas of diagnostic imaging and related devices.
And special insights into isolation and Power quality. Your suggestions on power cable separation was very helpful. :)

Hello Sachin,

I am a huge fan of Ananda Shankar. Was just listening to his album Temptations last night on cassette. Such a shame it never released on vinyl, hence making the album less known compared to his others.

I haven’t come across that one. Do you want to create a thread in the Music forum on this super-genre: Indian Pop/Rock/Jazz/Bizzare Music from the 50’s to 90’s? Am sure there are other members who’d like to read and contribute.

BTW, what’s that performance in your profile pic? When and where was it?

I haven’t come across that one. Do you want to create a thread in the Music forum on this super-genre: Indian Pop/Rock/Jazz/Bizzare Music from the 50’s to 90’s? Am sure there are other members who’d like to read and contribute.

Good idea, was thinking of the same. Will start a thread for that and would love to contribute.

The picture used as my display picture is of the Indian rock and roll group from the 70-80s called Atomic Forest.

Good idea, was thinking of the same. Will start a thread for that and would love to contribute.

The picture used as my display picture is of the Indian rock and roll group from the 70-80s called Atomic Forest.
Welcome to HFV, Nishant :) It would be wonderful to get new recommendations from your thread, majority of the discussion here revolves around the gear, so it would be a welcome relief :)

Welcome to HFV, Nishant :) It would be wonderful to get new recommendations from your thread, majority of the discussion here revolves around the gear, so it would be a welcome relief :)

Have started the thread, it can be found at - https://www.hifivision.com/threads/indian-experimental-rock-jazz-bizzare-music.75725/
Hope to see posts from you there!

Nishant

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back