Lalrinzuala

Hi all,
system already owned:
1. Denon Avr X510Bt
2. Schiit Modi 3 Dac (arriving today)
3. Schiit Loki (arriving today)
4. Polk Tsx330T (FS)
5. Polk T150 (c)
6. Boston Acoustics xs2.1 (used as surround and Sub)
7. Some old JBL Sub

I am looking to upgrade my Floor Standing speaker as i feel that the Polk TSX 330T is a bit lacking in the mid range and highs.

I am mostly using the setup for listening music (excluding hip hop) and Movies in the ratio of 80:20.

as i cannot audition since i am in very far off place i need much help in deciding the floor standers. Budget is approx 80000 can stretch abit,

i have considerd the following floor standers. which one will bw the best choice. I prefer a bit more softer sounding speakers with good highs.
room size (12x18) one side opening up to common area.

1. Elac Debut 2.0 f6.2
2. Wharfadele diamond 11.4
3. Dalis Zensor/Oberon 5or 7
4. Klipsh R 610/620
5. JBL stage 190

Among the speakers listed, stay away from Klipsch if you want softer sound.
Dalis are good speakers for 2-channel/music.
Your challenge will be amplification going forward, if your primary purpose is for music.
Factor this into your upgrade, if feasible.
Take inputs from other FMs too.
Cheers,
Raghu

In that list you can easily strike out the elacs due to their power requirements.

You could audition Dali Zensor series of the Klipsch, both of while are fairly efficient speakers.

MaSh

Hi all,
system already owned:
1. Denon Avr X510Bt
4. Polk Tsx330T (FS)
5. Polk T150 (c)
7. Some old JBL Sub

I am looking to upgrade my Floor Standing speaker as i feel that the Polk TSX 330T is a bit lacking in the mid range and highs.

I am mostly using the setup for listening music (excluding hip hop) and Movies in the ratio of 80:20.

as i cannot audition since i am in very far off place i need much help in deciding the floor standers. Budget is approx 80000 can stretch abit,

i have considerd the following floor standers. which one will bw the best choice. I prefer a bit more softer sounding speakers with good highs.

1. Elac Debut 2.0 f6.2
4. Klipsh R 610/620
5. JBL stage 190

Hi,
Pls try to audition Dali Oberon 5 since their reviews are good.

Had heard Elac Debut 5 or 6 some time back not sure on a Denon receiver at a showroom & they sounded nice with a warm signature. Try to audition Quads also if possible.

Hi all,
system already owned:
1. Denon Avr X510Bt
4. Polk Tsx330T (FS)
5. Polk T150 (c)
7. Some old JBL Sub

1. Elac Debut 2.0 f6.2
4. Klipsh R 610/620
5. JBL stage 190
It's better to get Dali Zensor ,I have used it earlier Denon X500 + Zensor 5 ,it was good one for music.
Other points are...
Elac will shine if u have very good power.
Klipsch, I will not suggest for music.
Wharfedale will be good ,( laid back sound).
JBL also should be good ,( but I have not personally heard this model).

thanks. My Avr is rated at 95watt per channel. its a very budget avr. So on the power end is it very much under powerd

It's better to get Dali Zensor ,I have used it earlier Denon X500 + Zensor 5 ,it was good one for music.
Other points are...
Elac will shine if u have very good power.
Klipsch, I will not suggest for music.
Wharfedale will be good ,( laid back sound).
JBL also should be good ,( but I have not personally heard this model).
Thanks for the reply, My AVR is a very budget avr giving out 95 watt per channel (not sure at which impedance). Do you feel that elac will be underpowered by this

Would recommend choosing between the Dali and Castle Kinght speakers.
Klipsch sound in general is on the bright side and if not paired well can sound harsh for music in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply, My AVR is a very budget avr giving out 95 watt per channel (not sure at which impedance). Do you feel that elac will be underpowered by this
95w not at full range 20-20k Hz. Check the full range watts in the manual. That also would be at just 2 channel driven.

MaSh

There are two speakers you are missing in your list and are great for musicality. They will need less power as both have high sensitivity.
1. Monitor Audio Bronze 5/6
2. KEF Q550/750

Both have great reviews from users and very good for music as well as movies.

The AVR is 70Wpc at 8 ohms, 20-20KHz.
Choose speakers that are easy to drive.
Sensitivity 87-88dB and above. Nominal impedance 6-8 ohms.
Don't overdrive the system. It'll be fine.
Cheers,
Raghu

If looking for a smooth sound, include Qacoustics in the list. Very smooth and non fatiguimg sound. Albeit slightly laid back and not in the face in presentation.. If you can find a pair of Qacoustics concept 40's they should fit the bill very well. I use mine with a marantz , which has a similar sound to the denon. And they both fit it like a glove. Smooth musical sound for a all day listen. And they are high efficiency speakers too at 90db. So your avr should drive them easily . All the best :)

In the long run those with your taste like going towards higher sensitivity speakers and lower Kw/$ ratio amplifiers. So do consider that while upgrading now. Do consider a musical amp dedicated to music. Anything above 60WPC for that room may be too much and delicacy of delivery gets impacted. But it has to be good power. Also as Raghu says, consider speakers above 87-88 dB.

Thanks for the reply. Today sold my old avr. And have just ordered the elac debut 2f6.2. So now i am looking for a reciever to match the speaker. Would really like a suggestion from you. Not intrested in going atmos or 7.2 or there. But needs a good powered amp. Do you suggest an avr or amp.

If it's purely for music then dont look any further than a stereo amplifiers.
Kindly state your budget so the members can suggest wisely.
Elacs are power hungry speakers so choose wisely.

The AVR is 70Wpc at 8 ohms, 20-20KHz.
Choose speakers that are easy to drive.
Sensitivity 87-88dB and above. Nominal impedance 6-8 ohms.
Don't overdrive the system. It'll be fine.
Cheers,
Raghu
Thanks for the reply. Today sold my old avr. And have just ordered the elac debut 2f6.2. So now i am looking for a reciever to match the speaker. Would really like a suggestion from you . needs a good powered amp.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back