Help me correct bass

when you are auto calibrating.. try placing mic in higher height above head level... these all chinese instruments have these issues.. better to go for good branded systems next time which have better calibrated amplifier ..like bose ,sony
Ohhh... Is it so ?
Which sony or Bose system is top class?
Kindly share.. it will be helpful..

So added a 10.17 and now I have a dual sub set up. One 12.17 and 10.17. Just completed audyssey and ran some rew measurements. The below 1st graph of a single response is of the subwoofer alone with audysey at 70db MV. The second graph which has 3 measurements are taken at 55 dB MV. The red highlighted graph is pure direct, blue highlighted graph is LR crossed over at 80 and the yellow is sub alone. Measured at 55db cause that’s the volume I am going to be listening at. The more volume I increase the smoother it becomes as seen in the 1st graph

Attachments

• A8B521CE-94A0-41E3-B201-131AA389D02A.jpeg
    A8B521CE-94A0-41E3-B201-131AA389D02A.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 33
  • 61B03886-8F32-408A-AAB2-17C822C6CFC2.jpeg
    61B03886-8F32-408A-AAB2-17C822C6CFC2.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
So added a 10.17 and now I have a dual sub set up. One 12.17 and 10.17. Just completed audyssey and ran some rew measurements. The below 1st graph of a single response is of the subwoofer alone with audysey at 70db MV. The second graph which has 3 measurements are taken at 55 dB MV. The red highlighted graph is pure direct, blue highlighted graph is LR crossed over at 80 and the yellow is sub alone. Measured at 55db cause that’s the volume I am going to be listening at. The more volume I increase the smoother it becomes as seen in the 1st graph
A lot is being lost after 55 hz?
How do you plan to EQ the combined curve?

is it for single sub? looks pretty flat till 55hz
No it’s dual. This graph is single xtz. Low bass is flat and smooth in both pure direct and post audyssey. Mid and upper region is a disaster. Dual also didn’t help much

Attachments

• 5A87B3E5-9ACC-47EF-BF40-DDC28D51B281.jpeg
    5A87B3E5-9ACC-47EF-BF40-DDC28D51B281.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 14
Since you have two different subs, it would be good if you have done the following
1. Finding the ideal spot for Sub1 (by crawl) or using REW
2. Keeping the REW graphs for reference
3. Gain match the second sub, by keeping it in the same spot as sub1 (removing sub1) and making sure the gain in REW matches
4. Phase match the two subs
5. sub crawl for sub 2 by putting sub 1 in ideal position
6. Then run EQ

Hope you have done all the steps as the two subs are with different drivers, so checking.

You really need to play around with delays for the sub closer to your LP to get it to combine better in the region of dips.
Yeah and do you think mini dsp will help? And one more thing is currently I have both subs tuned with ref eq and right port blocked. As per specs more power for low bass. I need to experiment tuning the sub at mid and upper frequencies since low bass is anyways flat in my room. This may help the dips after 55. Also I have kept the volume knob just a point above minimum and hence audysey set gain at -3.5 dB for both subs so I guess I can try running audysey again by increasing the volume gain in the sub.
Since you have two different subs, it would be good if you have done the following
1. Finding the ideal spot for Sub1 (by crawl) or using REW
2. Keeping the REW graphs for reference
3. Gain match the second sub, by keeping it in the same spot as sub1 (removing sub1) and making sure the gain in REW matches
6. Then run EQ

Hope you have done all the steps as the two subs are with different drivers, so checking.
only driver size is different. Amp is same. Also the response for both subs is similar when I measured.

Attachments

• 8A6BAEC1-6E5F-4EA3-8EB4-A9EAC0D7233B.jpeg
    8A6BAEC1-6E5F-4EA3-8EB4-A9EAC0D7233B.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 812687B0-C4F6-4BA9-80F7-E635DD5C081C.jpeg
    812687B0-C4F6-4BA9-80F7-E635DD5C081C.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 7CC7B089-025F-46D2-8A26-BE95921DC373.jpeg
    7CC7B089-025F-46D2-8A26-BE95921DC373.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 17
am sure it requires little more experimentation with the sub positions wd help. Hope u tried diagonal placement,usually works much better than both @ front.
Placement is diagonal only. 12.17 is front right and 10.17 is rear left. I would have got the 12.17 but wanted to save space so went for the 10.17 which I used previously before the 12.17 and found them to be identical in performance. Have to experiment different port tuning and eq now.

Minidsp will help but should be your last resort, as it tries to force fit the curves assuming, you have optimised all other things.

Also, just check the Audyssey guide in AVS Forum. I think your sub volume is too low. The recommended settings as per the guide is when the sub volume shows at -11 to -10db (Assuming MV is 0). You always increase the sub volume post the callibration.

Minidsp will help but should be your last resort, as it tries to force fit the curves assuming, you have optimised all other things.

Also, just check the Audyssey guide in AVS Forum. I think your sub volume is too low. The recommended settings as per the guide is when the sub volume shows at -11 to -10db (Assuming MV is 0). You always increase the sub volume post the callibration.
Yeah volume is very low for both sub and MV. For now I am sticking to the low volume due to ear problems. I need to experiment more with volume and the port tuning, eq options available with the sub. Yes mini dsp will be last resort.

Gain matching isn't possible for 2 dissimilar subs. I don't understand what you mean by making sure the gain in REW matches, sorry. I think you're suggesting level matching. In that case, my recommendation would be measure at MLP from where both subs are going to be placed. It's still not satisfactory from a theoretical perspective, IMO.

What is the procedure to phase match the two subs?

I'd highly recommend skipping the sub crawl method. Especially when one has access to measurements.

Gain matching isn't possible for 2 dissimilar subs. I don't understand what you mean by making sure the gain in REW matches, sorry. I think you're suggesting level matching. In that case, my recommendation would be measure at MLP from where both subs are going to be placed. It's still not satisfactory from a theoretical perspective, IMO.

What is the procedure to phase match the two subs?

I'd highly recommend skipping the sub crawl method. Especially when one has access to measurements.
You are right, with dissimilar subs it will have to be level matched rather than gain matched. The reason I was thinking of gain matched as they both run same amps, so it can have some advantages.

For subwoofer crawl, I was suggesting using the reverse crawl method, as in keeping the second sub in the MLP and moving the mic to identify where do you get the best combined curve.

Phase matching is best done through AVR, unless you want to use Line-in and manually match it. There are few guides on the same, but I suppose audyssey will anyway do it for you.

This is a good thread to do the tweaks

I used this while I was setting my Dual Subs
So for gain matching he places both the sub at the same place. I have massive back pain and won’t be able to lift both the subs now. Is there any other way I can do it with both subs at the current location which is one in the front right and the other in the rear left?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back